Nurses Die, Doctors Fall Sick and Panic Rises on Virus Front Lines

Politically-tainted thread with the intent on hammering conservatives and Trump.

No agenda here, is there?
:auiqs.jpg:
How odd..I did not mention Trump...and did not have him or his response in mind when I wrote it. I did take a whack at the idiots who down-play the seriousness of the issue as they spout conspiracy theories and idiotic lies--if you are in that batch...back at ya...no agenda there, now is there? LOL!

Because you did not mention him by name does not mean you were not alluding to him, and also Bill de Blasio did not take the virus seriously either, and he is not on the right!
My allusion is in your mind....where it is getting quite lonely...what with all the empty space!

Says the sorry piece of trash demanding everyone to ignore his opening comments in the op and just focus on what you want to discuss!

You clearly stated the right, China and if anyone blame China for their failure is nothing but liars and Conspiracy theorists...

So why write what you wrote if you did not want to discuss it?

Let me guess you are trolling and hoping no one points to the fact you are making this political and lying while at it!
You are correct....if you believe the above stated facts--you are an idiot! Good to know we agree on that much eh?

I note with amusement that you are focused on a couple of sentences in a pretty large post...good on ya!

Why not address the facts and talk about how Mayor Bill de Blasio put first responders at risk?

Care to answer troll?
Sure..the thread is not about the Mayor----try to stay on topic/ If you can..which I doubt.

I am commenting on your topic and it is you trying to change it because you know you made it about the right and how anything you dislike is a Conspiracy theory!

Also in your topic you wrote about NYC, so how is Mayor de Blasio comments not allowed to be used to show how you really do not care about the medical community but just want to tell the right they are at fault for the spread?
WOW! Takes the breath away..the level of stupid. How you got that I'm in any way blaming the Right for spreading the virus is literally beyond belief!

Nice try at cleaning up some of your nonsense..but an ultimate fail!

You get the last word..as it is clear that you simply are incapable of cogent reasoning.
Again, stay safe....and know that if it comes to it..the DR. who saves your life...is probably a Lib.!

As always, the first responders and the medical people on the front-lines bear the brunt of the disease..I believe this to be a sombre peek into the future for most metro areas..and many rural medical centers as well. Some areas will get off relatively unscathed--those that are taking it seriously right now--but we are already running out of both trained personnel and supplies--and it is still early days.

I see many on the Right almost gleeful at the situation that NYC or LA are in right now..not having the brains to connect the dots and realize that it is just a matter of time before the Red states find that their rural areas are aflame..and there is no water left to put out the fire. I see posts here where idiots blame ventilators for deaths, rather than the disease--ignoring that the patient was put on the ventilator because they were dying in the first place. I see wacky conspiracy threads blaming the Chinese, the Russians and, above all, the left! To me, it's all just whistling past the graveyard--one month from now, hundreds of thousands will be dead. Most of the dead will be over 60...some will not. But I think it's clear that a disproportionate number will be in the medical field--thus reducing our ability to respond effectively.

Stupidity kills, albeit not necessarily the stupid.

But, you know, elections have consequences, as they say. Your egregious, unwarranted slight against Trump, insinuating he bears responsibility for the handling of the outbreak - when undoubtedly it's on the Chinese, Liberals, what have you - just proves you are a traitor and a butt-hurt snowflake incapable to get over Trump's victory in 2016. So there!

Yes, you are right, the healthcare workers will bear the brunt of Trump's incompetence, taking not seriously what his intelligence community was telling him in mid-January, dismissing the pandemic response team at the National Security Council, and letting the national pandemic response plan gather dust on the shelf, not to mention the bungled testing. Now, as I am sure you've seen, they are also becoming the targets of Trump's latest smear campaign, insinuating they are hoarding / stealing equipment.

But you know, as you say, elections have consequences. As many have said, just wait until the Trump administration has to handle a major crisis not of their own making. But, President Spectacle knows when the occasion for a nice spectacle presents itself, and the Trumpletons are all on duty to assist as a loud but dissonant chorus.

Oh, and, keep a healthy distance from the young - they are toxic and don't even know it - and stay safe, old fart!

Last edited:
Politically-tainted thread with the intent on hammering conservatives and Trump.

No agenda here, is there?
:auiqs.jpg:
How odd..I did not mention Trump...and did not have him or his response in mind when I wrote it. I did take a whack at the idiots who down-play the seriousness of the issue as they spout conspiracy theories and idiotic lies--if you are in that batch...back at ya...no agenda there, now is there? LOL!

Because you did not mention him by name does not mean you were not alluding to him, and also Bill de Blasio did not take the virus seriously either, and he is not on the right!
My allusion is in your mind....where it is getting quite lonely...what with all the empty space!

Says the sorry piece of trash demanding everyone to ignore his opening comments in the op and just focus on what you want to discuss!

You clearly stated the right, China and if anyone blame China for their failure is nothing but liars and Conspiracy theorists...

So why write what you wrote if you did not want to discuss it?

Let me guess you are trolling and hoping no one points to the fact you are making this political and lying while at it!
You are correct....if you believe the above stated facts--you are an idiot! Good to know we agree on that much eh?

I note with amusement that you are focused on a couple of sentences in a pretty large post...good on ya!

Why not address the facts and talk about how Mayor Bill de Blasio put first responders at risk?

Care to answer troll?
Sure..the thread is not about the Mayor----try to stay on topic/ If you can..which I doubt.

I am commenting on your topic and it is you trying to change it because you know you made it about the right and how anything you dislike is a Conspiracy theory!

Also in your topic you wrote about NYC, so how is Mayor de Blasio comments not allowed to be used to show how you really do not care about the medical community but just want to tell the right they are at fault for the spread?
WOW! Takes the breath away..the level of stupid. How you got that I'm in any way blaming the Right for spreading the virus is literally beyond belief!

Nice try at cleaning up some of your nonsense..but an ultimate fail!

You get the last word..as it is clear that you simply are incapable of cogent reasoning.
Again, stay safe....and know that if it comes to it..the DR. who saves your life...is probably a Lib.!

Holy shit you are a piece of shit!

First you write what you wrote and then claim it was never an attack on the right but when Confronted with your exact words you then say it is just those like me you are attacking, so how are you attacking me?

Also you made it clear your thread was intended to troll the right of this board or will you lie and say you never said that either?

Fact:

Coronavirus 19 first reported in China and China Government failed to report to the WHO the seriousness of the spread of the disease.

2. China Government allowed infected people to board planes and cruise ships that allowed the virus to escape China and spread quickly around the World.

3. From mid-January to Mid-February Mayor Bill de Blasio did not take the threat of the virus seriously and chastised his citizens of his City for avoiding Chinatown while going to that part of the City.

He also told his people the virus was not as contagious and that they should go on with their lives while the CDC was updating facts about the virus.

4. You wrote about how this thread is an attack on me for stating facts which tell me you are wanting the attention shifted away from Bill de Blasio and focused on Trump failure.

5. When you read this you will tell me about how this is about the first responders and medical community while ignoring the fact this Pandemic could have been avoided had those like Bill de Blasio not told his residents to ignore the Trump CDC and the UN WHO!

Final Note:

I live in Texas and my Doctor is Republican and I was voting for Biden!

Wow, this thread was not about Trump and yet the Op'er is agreeing with everyone that is bashing Trump!

Funny how the Op'er is caught agreeing with the left but wait he is not attacking the right or left but just me!

As always, the first responders and the medical people on the front-lines bear the brunt of the disease..I believe this to be a sombre peek into the future for most metro areas..and many rural medical centers as well. Some areas will get off relatively unscathed--those that are taking it seriously right now--but we are already running out of both trained personnel and supplies--and it is still early days.

I see many on the Right almost gleeful at the situation that NYC or LA are in right now..not having the brains to connect the dots and realize that it is just a matter of time before the Red states find that their rural areas are aflame..and there is no water left to put out the fire. I see posts here where idiots blame ventilators for deaths, rather than the disease--ignoring that the patient was put on the ventilator because they were dying in the first place. I see wacky conspiracy threads blaming the Chinese, the Russians and, above all, the left! To me, it's all just whistling past the graveyard--one month from now, hundreds of thousands will be dead. Most of the dead will be over 60...some will not. But I think it's clear that a disproportionate number will be in the medical field--thus reducing our ability to respond effectively.

Stupidity kills, albeit not necessarily the stupid.

But, you know, elections have consequences, as they say. Your egregious, unwarranted slight against Trump, insinuating he bears responsibility for the handling of the outbreak - when undoubtedly it's on the Chinese, Liberals, what have you - just proves you are a traitor and a butt-hurt snowflake incapable to get over Trump's victory in 2016. So there!

Yes, you are right, the healthcare workers will bear the brunt of Trump's incompetence, taking not seriously what his intelligence community was telling him in mid-January, dismissing the pandemic response team at the National Security Council, and leaving the national pandemic response plan gathering dust on the shelf, not to mentioned the bungled testing. Now, as I am sure you've seen, they are also becoming the targets of Trump's latest smear campaign, insinuating they are hoarding / stealing equipment.

But you know, as you say, elections have consequences. As many have said, just wait until the Trump administration has to handle a major crisis not of their own making. But, President Spectacle knows when the occasion for a nice spectacle presents itself, and the Trumpletons are all on duty to assist as a loud but dissonant chorus.

Oh, and, keep a healthy distance from the young - they are toxic and don't even know it - and stay safe, old fart!

Yeah, it is sad Mayor de Blasio got so many people killed...

Bet you and the OP will proclaim that is a lie!

Yeah, it is sad Mayor de Blasio got so many people killed...

Bet you and the OP will proclaim that is a lie!

Yeah, you got that right, dummy. Actually, it's the first thing I saw you get right in months.

So Mayor de Blasio did not tell his citizens to go on with their life from mid-January to mid-February?

Please tell me you are saying I an lying because I have a beautiful timeline from Yahoo to show he ( de Blasio ) was as ignorant as Trump while proclaiming people were racist!

Three Patients Under Observation in New York for Possibly Contracting Coronavirus
By Gloria Pazmino and Associated Press New York State
PUBLISHED 12:59 PM ET Jan. 24, 2020 UPDATED 7:59 PM ET Jan. 24, 2020

Three patients in New York were under observation Friday amid concerns they may have coronavirus, according to state health officials.

Mayor Bill de Blasio said the city was working with state officials, although there were no further details on where in New York the individuals were.

"This is obviously a global health challenge. This is a situation that is emerging very quickly," the mayor said at a news conference. "There's a lot that we still don't know, but we have to prepare to keep our people safe."

It was a show of force and pre-emptive concern from de Blasio and the city's top health officials on Friday as they warned New Yorkers about the dangers of coronavirus, a flu-like virus that has claimed at least 41 lives and sickened more than 1,200 people in China — mostly in the city of Wuhan — and abroad, forcing officials there to shut down some airports and ban travel.

"So we are preparing on the assumption that it's not a question of if, but a question of when, we start to have cases of coronavirus here in New York City," de Blasio said.

According to state Department of Health officials, three people were being isolated and under investigation Friday, their cases referred for testing at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Two cases have been confirmed in Chicago and Washington state.

With New York City being home to the largest Chinese population outside of China, and as travel increases ahead of Lunar New Year celebrations, officials asked New Yorkers to be extra cautious.

"We are asking New Yorkers to do is that is if they have traveled to Wuhan in the last 14 days, and they find themselves with symptoms of fever and a cough or shortness of breath, that they contact their provider and share this information," said Dr. Oxiris Barbot, the city's health commissioner.

Symptoms of the virus include:

Runny nose
Headache
Cough
Sore throat
Fever

The virus can also cause wheezing and pneumonia. It is a member of the coronavirus family that's a close cousin to the deadly SARS and MERS viruses that have caused outbreaks in the past.

"Our advice to New Yorkers during this time is to go about their daily lives, but to practice everyday precautions during flu season," Barbot said. "That includes covering their mouth and their nose when they cough or they sneeze, to wash their hands often and to stay home if they are not feeling well. Additionally, it is not too late to get the influenza vaccine."

Health officials have yet to fully understand how destructive the virus could be, or exactly how quickly it can spread. For now, officials here at home are preparing for what they say is the certain arrival of the virus to the shores of New York.​

By Gloria Pazmino and Associated Press New York State​
PUBLISHED 12:59 PM ET Jan. 24, 2020 UPDATED 7:59 PM ET Jan. 24, 2020​
Three patients in New York were under observation Friday amid concerns they may have coronavirus, according to state health officials.​
Mayor Bill de Blasio said the city was working with state officials, although there were no further details on where in New York the individuals were.​
"This is obviously a global health challenge. This is a situation that is emerging very quickly," the mayor said at a news conference. "There's a lot that we still don't know, but we have to prepare to keep our people safe."​
It was a show of force and pre-emptive concern from de Blasio and the city's top health officials on Friday as they warned New Yorkers about the dangers of coronavirus, a flu-like virus that has claimed at least 41 lives and sickened more than 1,200 people in China — mostly in the city of Wuhan — and abroad, forcing officials there to shut down some airports and ban travel.
"So we are preparing on the assumption that it's not a question of if, but a question of when, we start to have cases of coronavirus here in New York City," de Blasio said.​
According to state Department of Health officials, three people were being isolated and under investigation Friday, their cases referred for testing at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Two cases have been confirmed in Chicago and Washington state.​
With New York City being home to the largest Chinese population outside of China, and as travel increases ahead of Lunar New Year celebrations, officials asked New Yorkers to be extra cautious.​
"We are asking New Yorkers to do is that is if they have traveled to Wuhan in the last 14 days, and they find themselves with symptoms of fever and a cough or shortness of breath, that they contact their provider and share this information," said Dr. Oxiris Barbot, the city's health commissioner.​
Symptoms of the virus include:​
Runny nose​
Headache​
Cough​
Sore throat​
Fever​
The virus can also cause wheezing and pneumonia. It is a member of the coronavirus family that's a close cousin to the deadly SARS and MERS viruses that have caused outbreaks in the past.​
"Our advice to New Yorkers during this time is to go about their daily lives, but to practice everyday precautions during flu season," Barbot said. "That includes covering their mouth and their nose when they cough or they sneeze, to wash their hands often and to stay home if they are not feeling well. Additionally, it is not too late to get the influenza vaccine."​
Health officials have yet to fully understand how destructive the virus could be, or exactly how quickly it can spread. For now, officials here at home are preparing for what they say is the certain arrival of the virus to the shores of New York.​

You just shot yourself in your own foot as he stated go on with your daily lives in your own thread!

Also before and after that date he has other comments, would you care to share?

By Gloria Pazmino and Associated Press New York State​
PUBLISHED 12:59 PM ET Jan. 24, 2020 UPDATED 7:59 PM ET Jan. 24, 2020​
Three patients in New York were under observation Friday amid concerns they may have coronavirus, according to state health officials.​
Mayor Bill de Blasio said the city was working with state officials, although there were no further details on where in New York the individuals were.​
"This is obviously a global health challenge. This is a situation that is emerging very quickly," the mayor said at a news conference. "There's a lot that we still don't know, but we have to prepare to keep our people safe."​
"So we are preparing on the assumption that it's not a question of if, but a question of when, we start to have cases of coronavirus here in New York City," de Blasio said.​
According to state Department of Health officials, three people were being isolated and under investigation Friday, their cases referred for testing at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Two cases have been confirmed in Chicago and Washington state.​
With New York City being home to the largest Chinese population outside of China, and as travel increases ahead of Lunar New Year celebrations, officials asked New Yorkers to be extra cautious.​
"We are asking New Yorkers to do is that is if they have traveled to Wuhan in the last 14 days, and they find themselves with symptoms of fever and a cough or shortness of breath, that they contact their provider and share this information," said Dr. Oxiris Barbot, the city's health commissioner.​
Symptoms of the virus include:​
Runny nose​
Headache​
Cough​
Sore throat​
Fever​
The virus can also cause wheezing and pneumonia. It is a member of the coronavirus family that's a close cousin to the deadly SARS and MERS viruses that have caused outbreaks in the past.​
"Our advice to New Yorkers during this time is to go about their daily lives, but to practice everyday precautions during flu season," Barbot said. "That includes covering their mouth and their nose when they cough or they sneeze, to wash their hands often and to stay home if they are not feeling well. Additionally, it is not too late to get the influenza vaccine."​

Go get a flu shot and treat this like the regular flu and yet Bill de Bozo did nothing or said nothing wrong at all!

Also for the individual wanting to state that Trump is the reason why the First Responders and Medical Community of New York is dying because of Trump, well think of this:

The outbreak of the Virus was first reported on December 1st 2019 which is the reason for the 19 after the Coronavirus and the outbreak was in China.

The spread of the virus was underestimated by the WHO and covered up by the Chinese Government and with that infected people who might have been asymptomatic left China on international flight and cruises around the world while spreading the virus even further.

So anyone with any brain knows the virus has been spreading long than late January and has been in this country since mid to late December.

Now I know the great minds of this board will proclaim impossible but as usual most of you are dense idiots thinking the virus came here because of Trump failure...

So the first responders and medical deaths are actually on China Government hands and not de Blasio or Trump but if you must blame Trump then blame de Blasio, wait the left can never do that now can you?

Last edited:

Like generals steadying their troops before battle, hospital supervisors in New York have had to rally, cajole and sometimes threaten workers.
“Our health care systems are at war with a pandemic virus,” Craig R. Smith, the surgeon-in-chief at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, wrote in an email to staff on March 16, the day after New York City shut down its school system to contain the virus. “You are expected to keep fighting with whatever weapons you’re capable of working.”
“Sick is relative,” he wrote, adding that workers would not even be tested for the virus unless they were “unequivocally exposed and symptomatic to the point of needing admission to the hospital.”
“That means you come to work,” he wrote. “Period.”

Arriving to work each day, doctors and nurses are met with confusion and chaos.
At a branch of the Montefiore hospital system in the Bronx, nurses wear their winter coats in an unheated tent set up to triage patients with symptoms, while at Elmhurst Hospital Center in Queens, patients are sometimes dying before they can be moved into beds.
The inviolable rules that once gave a sense of rhythm and harmony to even the busiest emergency rooms have in some cases been cast aside. Few things have caused more anxiety than shifting protocols meant to preserve a dwindling supply of protective gear.
When the pandemic first hit New York, medical workers changed gowns and masks each time they visited an infected patient. Then, they were told to keep their protective gear on until the end of their shift. As supplies became even more scarce, one doctor working on an intensive care unit said he was asked to turn in his mask and face shield at the end of his shift to be sterilized for future use. Others are being told to store their masks in a paper bag between shifts.
“It puts us in danger, it puts our patients in danger. I can’t believe in the United States that’s what’s happening,” said Kelley Cabrera, an emergency room nurse at Jacobi Medical Center.
An emergency room doctor at Long Island Jewish Medical Center put it more bluntly: “It’s literally, wash your hands a lot, cross your fingers, pray.”

Doctors and nurses fear they could be transmitting the virus to their patients, compounding the crisis by transforming hospitals into incubators for the virus.
Nurses and doctors are used to seeing all types of trauma, day in and day out....that is what they are trained for...

So when you see videos like this over and over again by health professionals breaking down in tears saying they never seen anything like this -- it takes all of the political spin out of it...

Maybe for some, the damage of this virus is lessened if they believe it is one side's fault over the others -- if that brings you comfort, have at it....

But I wonder how many people in ICU units due to this virus care what political party the nurses and doctors working to save their lives belong to

You just shot yourself in your own foot as he stated go on with your daily lives in your own thread!

Yeah, guess what, de Blasio wasn't going to shut down New York over three suspected cases in a hospital.

On the other hand, he caused warnings to be issued as to use precautions while Trump assured the nation there's probably going to be miracles and those 15 cases are just going to go away.

At that time, in January, when China, Germany, and South Korea were ramping up their testing, Trump and his entire administration were sitting around, thumbs as far up their fat arses as humanely possible. German scientists developed a test, handed it over to the WHO, which then delivered it to 60 countries. The U.S. had no test, didn't ask for the WHO test, developed its own, which was flawed and did not work, and it took them a month to begin to correct that. Without testing, there was no basis in fact, no data, to guide anyone's pandemic response.

That falls on Trump and the cronies he appointed to crucial positions.

But yeah, de Blasio, facing three suspected cases in a hospital, said, go on but take precautions. Of course, your handlers told you to hyperventilate, and, being the demented, moronic goof you are, you abjectly comply.

I hope nobody is happy anyone is dying.

But your article is about New York. Right now it seems to be it's own world. The virus is everywhere but it isn't wreaking that kind of havoc.

BTW: I did not read about any nurses dying in your article. Was it in there ?

Yeah, guess what, de Blasio wasn't going to shut down New York over three suspected cases in a hospital.

On the other hand, he caused warnings to be issued as to use precautions while Trump assured the nation there's probably going to be miracles and those 15 cases are just going to go away.

At that time, in January, when China, Germany, and South Korea were ramping up their testing, Trump and his entire administration were sitting around, thumbs as far up their fat arses as humanely possible. German scientists developed a test, handed it over to the WHO, which then delivered it to 60 countries. The U.S. had no test, didn't ask for the WHO test, developed its own, which was flawed and did not work, and it took them a month to begin to correct that. Without testing, there was no basis in fact, no data, to guide anyone's pandemic response.

That falls on Trump and the cronies he appointed to crucial positions.

But yeah, de Blasio, facing three suspected cases in a hospital, said, go on but take precautions. Of course, your handlers told you to hyperventilate, and, being the demented, moronic goof you are, you abjectly comply.

Awww, de Blasio shouldn't close down an entire city on three suspected cases and yet Trump sat on his ass according to you!

In my link it showed more dates of the great Mayors misinformation and not just that one little date you are using but go with that he was taking precautions while telling people of New York to go on with their daily lives because the virus was no real threat!

Also do you know how the American Government work and that House holds the purse strings?

Care to give me dates in which Pelosi was sounding the alarm or Schumer in the Senate?

As you and the Op'er want to blame Trump for everything then let me say the failure is on everyone and not just Trump!

Now why was Schumer with de Blasio in Chinatown in February telling New Yorkers to go on with their daily lives?

I mean by Feburary China, South Korea, Japan and so on were seeing the Pandemic, so why ignore reality?

Simple, had the Pandemic not blown up the way it did de Blasio and assholes like you would have called Trump a racist...

So remember the Mayor of New York said it was no issue, so why worry now about the Pandemic?

Like generals steadying their troops before battle, hospital supervisors in New York have had to rally, cajole and sometimes threaten workers.
“Our health care systems are at war with a pandemic virus,” Craig R. Smith, the surgeon-in-chief at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, wrote in an email to staff on March 16, the day after New York City shut down its school system to contain the virus. “You are expected to keep fighting with whatever weapons you’re capable of working.”
“Sick is relative,” he wrote, adding that workers would not even be tested for the virus unless they were “unequivocally exposed and symptomatic to the point of needing admission to the hospital.”

At a branch of the Montefiore hospital system in the Bronx, nurses wear their winter coats in an unheated tent set up to triage patients with symptoms, while at Elmhurst Hospital Center in Queens, patients are sometimes dying before they can be moved into beds.
The inviolable rules that once gave a sense of rhythm and harmony to even the busiest emergency rooms have in some cases been cast aside. Few things have caused more anxiety than shifting protocols meant to preserve a dwindling supply of protective gear.
When the pandemic first hit New York, medical workers changed gowns and masks each time they visited an infected patient. Then, they were told to keep their protective gear on until the end of their shift. As supplies became even more scarce, one doctor working on an intensive care unit said he was asked to turn in his mask and face shield at the end of his shift to be sterilized for future use. Others are being told to store their masks in a paper bag between shifts.
“It puts us in danger, it puts our patients in danger. I can’t believe in the United States that’s what’s happening,” said Kelley Cabrera, an emergency room nurse at Jacobi Medical Center.
An emergency room doctor at Long Island Jewish Medical Center put it more bluntly: “It’s literally, wash your hands a lot, cross your fingers, pray.”

Doctors and nurses fear they could be transmitting the virus to their patients, compounding the crisis by transforming hospitals into incubators for the virus.
No one is gleeful that liberals in deep blue cities are dying

no one wants that except maybe a very small handful of extreme partisans on BOTH sides

but we do reject the attempts to attack trump politically

and the more it happens the more we will respond
Fair enough...I would point out that no one, afaik, is tallying what political group the deceased belonged to--and that it is certain that a lot of right-leaning folks are also getting sick and dying.

As for Trump..I did not post this thread with him in mind at all--but since keeping him out of the conversation seems impossible...if he fucks up...he gets the blame. The real question is will you defend him beyond all reason? Even if he is clearly wrong..will you sell your ethics and credibility short in your vain effort to cloth the naked emperor?

Not really my issue...I have an opinion--but I think the path of the pandemic is pretty much set--the posturing from DC is becoming irrelevant--no matter the party.

No one is gleeful that liberals in deep blue cities are dying

no one wants that except maybe a very small handful of extreme partisans on BOTH sides

but we do reject the attempts to attack trump politically

and the more it happens the more we will respond
Fair enough...I would point out that no one, afaik, is tallying what political group the deceased belonged to--and that it is certain that a lot of right-leaning folks are also getting sick and dying.

As for Trump..I did not post this thread with him in mind at all--but since keeping him out of the conversation seems impossible...if he fucks up...he gets the blame. The real question is will you defend him beyond all reason? Even if he is clearly wrong..will you sell your ethics and credibility short in your vain effort to cloth the naked emperor?

Not really my issue...I have an opinion--but I think the path of the pandemic is pretty much set--the posturing from DC is becoming irrelevant--no matter the party.

And yet you agreed with every poster on the left that blamed Trump, so you did have him in mind and are lying as usual!

Will you blame de Blasio for his words?

Of course not but you will blame everyone on the right for Trump stupidity!

But your article is about New York. Right now it seems to be it's own world. The virus is everywhere but it isn't wreaking that kind of havoc.

From the link:

A doctor at Weill Cornell Medical Center in Manhattan described the unnerving experience of walking daily past an intubated, critically ill colleague in her 30s, wondering who would be next.

Bing COVID-19 tracker: Latest numbers by country and state
Another doctor at a major New York City hospital described it as “a petri dish,” where more than 200 workers had fallen sick.

Two nurses in city hospitals have died.

The coronavirus pandemic, which has infected more than 30,000 people in New York City, is beginning to take a toll on those who are most needed to combat it: the doctors, nurses and other workers at hospitals and clinics. In emergency rooms and intensive care units, typically dispassionate medical professionals are feeling panicked as increasing numbers of colleagues get sick.
Thomas Riley, a nurse at Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, started coming down with symptoms of Covid-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus, two weeks ago. He is improving.
“I feel like we’re all just being sent to slaughter,” said Thomas Riley, a nurse at Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, who has contracted the virus, along with his husband.

Medical workers are still showing up day after day to face overflowing emergency rooms, earning them praise as heroes. Thousands of volunteers have signed up to join their colleagues.

But doctors and nurses said they can look overseas for a dark glimpse of the risk they are facing, especially when protective gear has been in short supply.

a group of people walking down a street next to a fence: A line formed outside Elmhurst Hospital Center in Queens, one of the hardest-hit medical centers in the coronavirus epidemic.
© Dave Sanders for The New York Times A line formed outside Elmhurst Hospital Center in Queens, one of the hardest-hit medical centers in the coronavirus epidemic.
In China, more than 3,000 doctors were infected, nearly half of them in Wuhan, where the pandemic began, according to Chinese government statistics. Li Wenliang, the Chinese doctor who first tried to raise the alarm about Covid-19, eventually died of it.
In Italy, the number of infected heath care workers is now twice the Chinese total, and the National Federation of Orders of Surgeons and Dentists has compiled a list of 50 who have died. Nearly 14 percent of Spain’s confirmed coronavirus cases are medical professionals.
New York City’s health care system is sprawling and disjointed, making precise infection rates among medical workers difficult to calculate. A spokesman for the Health and Hospitals Corporation, which runs New York City’s public hospitals, said the agency would not share data about sick medical workers “at this time.”

Also..https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/nyc-nurse-who-treated-covid-19-patient-dies-another-hospital-reports-13-deaths-in-one-day/2344831/

From the link:

A doctor at Weill Cornell Medical Center in Manhattan described the unnerving experience of walking daily past an intubated, critically ill colleague in her 30s, wondering who would be next.

Bing COVID-19 tracker: Latest numbers by country and state
Another doctor at a major New York City hospital described it as “a petri dish,” where more than 200 workers had fallen sick.

Two nurses in city hospitals have died.

The coronavirus pandemic, which has infected more than 30,000 people in New York City, is beginning to take a toll on those who are most needed to combat it: the doctors, nurses and other workers at hospitals and clinics. In emergency rooms and intensive care units, typically dispassionate medical professionals are feeling panicked as increasing numbers of colleagues get sick.
Thomas Riley, a nurse at Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, started coming down with symptoms of Covid-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus, two weeks ago. He is improving.
“I feel like we’re all just being sent to slaughter,” said Thomas Riley, a nurse at Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, who has contracted the virus, along with his husband.

Medical workers are still showing up day after day to face overflowing emergency rooms, earning them praise as heroes. Thousands of volunteers have signed up to join their colleagues.

But doctors and nurses said they can look overseas for a dark glimpse of the risk they are facing, especially when protective gear has been in short supply.

a group of people walking down a street next to a fence: A line formed outside Elmhurst Hospital Center in Queens, one of the hardest-hit medical centers in the coronavirus epidemic.
© Dave Sanders for The New York Times A line formed outside Elmhurst Hospital Center in Queens, one of the hardest-hit medical centers in the coronavirus epidemic.
In China, more than 3,000 doctors were infected, nearly half of them in Wuhan, where the pandemic began, according to Chinese government statistics. Li Wenliang, the Chinese doctor who first tried to raise the alarm about Covid-19, eventually died of it.
In Italy, the number of infected heath care workers is now twice the Chinese total, and the National Federation of Orders of Surgeons and Dentists has compiled a list of 50 who have died. Nearly 14 percent of Spain’s confirmed coronavirus cases are medical professionals.
New York City’s health care system is sprawling and disjointed, making precise infection rates among medical workers difficult to calculate. A spokesman for the Health and Hospitals Corporation, which runs New York City’s public hospitals, said the agency would not share data about sick medical workers “at this time.”

Also..https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coronavirus/nyc-nurse-who-treated-covid-19-patient-dies-another-hospital-reports-13-deaths-in-one-day/2344831/

Well wash your hands, keep social distancing, and get a flu shot like the Mayor said back in January and if you feel sick stay home please...

Just imagine if the Mayor had taken this Pandemic seriously those nurses might be alive or if China Government had taken this Pandemic seriously!!!

Oh well but just thumbs up all those blaming Trump!

gleeful? WTF, prove it. you fks are truly dishonest fks.

Forum List

Back