Nucular or Nuculer?

Nuc

Jul 10, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Hi,

I think it is really cool how the Prez sez "Nucular" instead of "Nuclear".

A few questions if anyone knows the answers:

1. Does he think the word is "Nucular" or does he know it's "Nuclear" but pronounces it incorrectly to appeal to the masses?

2. Is there any record as to whether his dad also said "Nucular"?

3. Is it spelled "Nucular" or "Nuculer"?

Mispronunciation of this word is not limited to amateurs- I have read that Nobel physics laureate Julian Schwinger mispronounced the word in the same way Bush did.

That is till no excuse.

Stephanie said:

Certainly not me...never bothered me when he spoke it...what does bother me is the continued ah's uh's in every sentence he speaks...except when it is a written speach he is reading! And that does not bother me that much...just a little annoying!
:D

nucular said:
Hi,

1. Does he think the word is "Nucular" or does he know it's "Nuclear" but pronounces it incorrectly to appeal to the masses?

His first post, and this tard has to start laying into it right away....

nucular said:
Hi,

Yeah know TROLL, when the detonation occurs, it doesn't fuckin matter how ya pronounce it.

nucular said:
Hi,

You are what....11, 12 years old?

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
nucular - do you have an agenda here? Please stick to current activities and/or topics. I'm really not in the mood and will be happy to see you banned should you continue on.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
nucular said:
Hi,

Yes lets mock a good man because he has a funny accent and pronounces words different than those on TV. HAHAHA So funny.

Amazinly liberals don't understand why they aren't getting elected. Did they ever think that maybe the American people care more about stopping terrorists from killing us and destroying western society and freedom than they care about how people pronounce words? Talk about wacked priorities.

nucular said:
Hi,

I'd be interested to know what region of the US you exist in. Obviously not the South, and equally obvious not the Southwest.

hmmmmm

Illiberal
il·lib·er·al adj.
1.Narrow-minded; bigoted.
2.Archaic. Ungenerous, mean, or stingy.
3.Archaic.
Lacking liberal culture.
Ill-bred; vulgar.

link

nucular said:
When I ironically spell words like "thanx" "prez" and "sez" I am ridiculing the "Prez" who can not even say "nuclear" properly. Why do you people think it's acceptable to have an illiterate as the President of the United States? Don't you think there should be a minimal standard of intelligence to hold such an important position? Or is that irrelevant? If you think it is irrelevant please avow "It means nothing to me that the President of the United States is illiterate". That will at least set a new low bar for future candidates to clear. The next President can be a rapper. Wouldn't that make you happy? Unfortunately rappers will also be liberal. So when you lower the bar consider that.

Dude, The President has an accent. There's nothing wrong with that. Even if there was pronouncing a word incorrectly doesn't make someone illiterate.

Also, the civil rights movement fought to do away with "intelligence" based voting and literacy rules because it was a way that blacks were kept down. So called Intelligence tests can be manipulated. thats why there is no intelligence standards. Of course you need to be able to read the to fill out the ballot properly so there is a built in common sense standard.

Besides, The President did better in school than both candidates the Democrats put up against him. If you are going to whine that the President is dumb you are a hypocrite because you wanted someone dumber in office.

I have received a private message from a moderator or someone purporting to be a moderator suggesting that I desist from discussing why the "Prez' does not know how to pronounce "nuclear". Why do they have a problem with this question? Either "nucular" is acceptable English or it is not. If it is not that makes it impossible to accept the person who says "nucular" as the leader of the free world. Or if it doesn't, then just make a statement from the moderators that total illiteracy is an acceptable attribute of the self-proclaimed leader of the free world. Personally I agree. Democracy gives people the government they deserve. I'm on your side. If people want an illiterate as the President I think that's OK.

Nucular you have not earned any entitlement to answers about your topic.

I couldn't care less about your obbession, but I do care about the rules of this board. You need to have equal caring if you wish to continue to post here.

Rules !!

Read them, know them, love them, live them.

Mountain Biker,

Please forgive me. I am also a serious biker, abeit urban and fixed gear. Biking unites us. If everyone rode a bike we would not have to be involved in this silly "war".

Forum List

Back