NPR

Just FYI for those calling for defunding NPR or "Desantis for Pres so we can shut the waste off forever", removing all federal funding would do little.

"NPR and its member stations rely predominantly on contributions from listeners to maintain operations, followed by corporate sponsorships. Only 4 percent of funding in fiscal year 2017 came from federal, state and local governments, according to NPR, and on average, less than 1 percent of its annual operating budget comes from federal agencies and departments or grants from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB)."

Just FYI for those calling for defunding NPR or "Desantis for Pres so we can shut the waste off forever", removing all federal funding would do little.

"NPR and its member stations rely predominantly on contributions from listeners to maintain operations, followed by corporate sponsorships. Only 4 percent of funding in fiscal year 2017 came from federal, state and local governments, according to NPR, and on average, less than 1 percent of its annual operating budget comes from federal agencies and departments or grants from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB)."
Then they dont need ours...thanks for playing

DEFUND NPR...
Pointless. Vast majority of their funding comes from member stations, along with individual and corporate contributors by far.

Well I would rather gays be educated about sex than getting monkeypox and HIV in the bathhouses like the good old days the conservatives yearn for, but whatever. NPR kind of sucks in my area. It is all jazz or talk talk talk crap. Whatever happened to the days when you could class the car up (and annoy the hell out of your passengers so they wouldn't want to ride with you again) with some Bach?

Well I would rather gays be educated about sex than getting monkeypox and HIV in the bathhouses like the good old days the conservatives yearn for, but whatever. NPR kind of sucks in my area. It is all jazz or talk talk talk crap. Whatever happened to the days when you could class the car up (and annoy the hell out of your passengers so they wouldn't want to ride with you again) with some Bach?
Didnt help during Aids did it

DEFUND NPR...

Surprisingly ... NPR gets very little money from the CPB ... however, individual radio station get funding from this source ... and at least here in The West, most NPR stations are government owned and operated by public schools ...

Public media is slowly but surely building up their trusts and investments and soon will be self sufficient ... remember "Tickle me Elmo"? ... much of the earnings on that project is being used to fund more liberal media content ... "PBS Newshour brought to you by the letters F and P and by the number 6" ...

Stop donating ... maybe Public Media will disappear ...

Truth hurts eh.......
Dude, read your own article. The partisan hacks gave an exact quote of what "queer education" involves.

And then your propagandist retards tacked on "And, you know, groom kids."

They made it up. That was a willful lie and you swallowed it hook, line, and sinker.

Pathetic.

No wonder they lie to you. You make it too easy! You BEG to be lied to.

The majority of NPR's funding comes from donations from individuals, businesses, universities, and foundations.

But because donations from individuals, businesses and foundations are tax-deductible, they are subsidized by the government.

See how that works? Now I distinctly remember you guys and girls bitching about all the "tax breaks" and subsidies those mean old rich people and corporations get. That they're not paying "their fair share."

So what's the difference? In reality, NPR is being subsidized by the government.

Last edited:
Love how nearly ever post blows the OP out of the water.

One wonders why the OP didn't quote NPR itself... Actually one needn't wonder....the OP is complete rubbish.

Forum List

Back