Now that the statues are down, tell us how your lives are improved

To the libs in New Orleans, Charlottesville, Charleston, Memphis, and other places where statues have been taken down.

How are your lives better?

is the crime rate down?
do you have a job?
are the pot holes fixed?
is the city financially solvent?
are the pumps fixed?
is the ghetto safe?
are the schools better?
is the government less corrupt?
are race relations better?
do you have better healthcare?
Is ISIS destroyed?

Tell us specifically how removing those harmless statues has improved your lives, your cities, or anything else.

Or we could just borrow the standard RWnut response you see around here all the time.

It's worth it to piss you off.
Can you answer the question? How are people's lives better.

There's a Halocaust Museum and we don't see Jews crying about the pictures of Hitler. They want the world to remember and never forget what attrocities there were in an attempt to make their "pure."

There were men with great leadership skills on both sides of the Civil War. Although Lee was on the wrong side of slavery, he represented the South's courage to keep slaves. Many of our representatives today I disagree with but they are supposed to be representing their constituency.

Do you think they hurt anyones life?
Yes. It's part of our history and if we fail to save it, we may repeat it.

Leave our history alone. Children will learn about the war, which was as much economic as it was of a racial element. We need to protect ALL of our citizens and be reminded that a civil war will end in lost lives and little else.

We should learn about slavery, the worst of it and the best. We need to be reminded that this country would not have many blacks here if it wasn't for slavery. We should also be reminded that after slavery ended, blacks had the opportunity to return to Africa but few did. Where would our blacks be today if they did return?

I learned more about the Civil War and slavery than you ever did and yet I had no idea this statue in Charlottesville existed.

Now how is that possible?
How is that possible? I'm sure there are statues all over the nation from which you and I are not aware.

Then they aren't necessary for history's sake.
I disagree. Regardless of where they are, they are in sight of citizens all over the nation. Let's hope that people, especially parents take the time to explain their existence whether it is in the history of our nation, artists and even athletes.

If we ignore history, we are doomed to repeat it.
So you have no example of how your life is worse now the statues are down. Fair enough, about what I expected.

personally it has no affect on me. The impact is on our children and their children who will not have the benefit of being able to learn from our history.

We have a tendency to judge the past by the morals and ethics of today. Slavery has existed since the beginning on humans on earth. That does not make it right, it just makes it factual. The pyramids were built with slave labor, should they be torn down? The point is where does this end, with the complete erasure of history?

Did you education in history teach you about the third reich and the brown shirts?
Yeah, torchlight parades 'Jews will not replace us' and fascists.

433642FA00000578-4785732-image-a-39_1502597598840.jpg

far right idiots make up less than 1% of americans, far left idiots dominate the dem party, the media, and academia. Do you understand?

To the libs in New Orleans, Charlottesville, Charleston, Memphis, and other places where statues have been taken down.

is the crime rate down?
do you have a job?
are the pot holes fixed?
are the pumps fixed?
is the ghetto safe?
are the schools better?
Is ISIS destroyed?

Tell us specifically how removing those harmless statues has improved your lives, your cities, or anything else.

Or we could just borrow the standard RWnut response you see around here all the time.

There's a Halocaust Museum and we don't see Jews crying about the pictures of Hitler. They want the world to remember and never forget what attrocities there were in an attempt to make their "pure."

There were men with great leadership skills on both sides of the Civil War. Although Lee was on the wrong side of slavery, he represented the South's courage to keep slaves. Many of our representatives today I disagree with but they are supposed to be representing their constituency.

good post, just one correction, Lee was not in favor of slavery. Look it up.

is the crime rate down?
do you have a job?
are the pot holes fixed?
are the pumps fixed?
is the ghetto safe?
are the schools better?
Is ISIS destroyed?

yeah, that goes both ways. But my question is legitimate. Removing the statues was supposed to improve people's lives. I merely want to know if it did and how.

My life has improved because as Al Sharptongue promised this Was The Problem and overnight the welfare offices are out of business

Leave our history alone. Children will learn about the war, which was as much economic as it was of a racial element. We need to protect ALL of our citizens and be reminded that a civil war will end in lost lives and little else.

We should learn about slavery, the worst of it and the best. We need to be reminded that this country would not have many blacks here if it wasn't for slavery. We should also be reminded that after slavery ended, blacks had the opportunity to return to Africa but few did. Where would our blacks be today if they did return?

I learned more about the Civil War and slavery than you ever did and yet I had no idea this statue in Charlottesville existed.

How is that possible? I'm sure there are statues all over the nation from which you and I are not aware.

there are statues of Lenin in the USA.

MLK opposed gay marriage, should all of his statues be removed and all the MLK boulevards be renamed?

again, where does this shit end? and does it apply across the board or only to statues that "offend" some minority group?

I disagree. Regardless of where they are, they are in sight of citizens all over the nation. Let's hope that people, especially parents take the time to explain their existence whether it is in the history of our nation, artists and even athletes.

So what does a Southern parent explain to his or her children about a statue honoring someone prominent in the Confederacy?

is the crime rate down?
do you have a job?
are the pot holes fixed?
are the pumps fixed?
is the ghetto safe?
are the schools better?
Is ISIS destroyed?

Nothing pisses me off more than hitting a pot hole. Good post.

MLK opposed gay marriage, should all of his statues be removed and all the MLK boulevards be renamed?

again, where does this shit end? and does it apply across the board or only to statues that "offend" some minority group?

Why do you want some force other than the will of the people to decide whether the statues remain?

is the crime rate down?
do you have a job?
are the pot holes fixed?
are the pumps fixed?
is the ghetto safe?
are the schools better?
Is ISIS destroyed?

The question is an irrelevancy.

So you have no example of how your life is worse now the statues are down. Fair enough, about what I expected.

personally it has no affect on me. The impact is on our children and their children who will not have the benefit of being able to learn from our history.

We have a tendency to judge the past by the morals and ethics of today. Slavery has existed since the beginning on humans on earth. That does not make it right, it just makes it factual. The pyramids were built with slave labor, should they be torn down? The point is where does this end, with the complete erasure of history?

Are there statues of many Union generals in the South?

'Improving lives' isn't the point. The point is to bitterly divide the People. And the Democrats have been doing that very successfully for many years. It's what 'their 'Community Organizing' is all about. We just endured 8 long bitter years of a 'Community Organizer' Presidency. Bitterly dividing, was Barack Hussein Obama's only skill.

And as i've said many times before, just follow the money. It will lead to George Soros-funded groups. Wikileaks showed how he owns the US Democratic Party. This latest 'Crisis' is absolutely a Soros-manufactured scam. He's been doing it in Western Europe for decades. This stuff doesn't 'just happen.' It's all very well-planned and funded. And for anyone who's really interested, just check out Saul Alinsky's 'Rules for Radicals.' It's the Democratic Party's playbook. If you really wanna know what's up, check it out.

Last edited:

So what does a Southern parent explain to his or her children about a statue honoring someone prominent in the Confederacy?
They will explain that blacks were sold into slavery and some were treated well while others were tortured for anything. The impact that slaves brought to the south was that they weren't paid anything, just food, shelter and clothing. It kept the South profitable while the north did not agree with the practice. There was a war over this...the northern states and the south.

Our government fought this war and General Lee (from the Southern states surrendered. President Lincoln freed most of the slaves from very difficult lives. THroughout history real freedom took more time where the blacks were considered equal and finally were given the right to vote, own land and bring up their families without fear.

It is part of our history and when we think of slavery, we should respect the ancestors who lived during this time and although they were given the right to return to Africa, they saw opportunities here and wanted to stay. There have been many black heroes of this time and we will get books and see how they changed America.

Are there statues of many Union generals in the South?
Probably so. It won't make a difference in my life nor yours so we have to teach our children about the great men and women from both sides. But remembering that we have to save our country from the calamities that were once existed...brother fighting brothers.

They fought for their way of life. But ultimately the people from the North and South realized that we must protect our own and be fair to all.

is the crime rate down?
do you have a job?
are the pot holes fixed?
are the pumps fixed?
is the ghetto safe?
are the schools better?
Is ISIS destroyed?

It's pissed neo-Nazis and racists off.

So there's that.

Why do you want some force other than the will of the people to decide whether the statues remain?
I saw a poll that most Americans want the statues to remain. We must learn from our history.

I saw a poll that most Americans want the statues to remain. We must learn from our history.

It's up to the local community. It's they who should decide.

The Charlottesville city council voted to remove it, so it should come down.

Forum List

Back