Now I am being told I have to come into the office and get my desktop computer, monitor, and mouse and

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
bring it home. We are no longer allowed to use our personal computer only state computer. Wonder what the fuck happened?

bring it home. We are no longer allowed to use our personal computer only state computer. Wonder what the fuck happened?
My guess would be that they know every chip in the state computer.

Haven't been hanging out on the US Message board on company time at work, have you?

What ever it is it will save the employer bookoo bucks in stolen hours you're getting paid for. You're at work, Use their puters, WTF's the problem, it's work, they pay you. Check your email, USMB at home, websites, etc at home.

Get a real job. Stop leaching off of taxpayers.

Feels like a real job I get paid and have a pension, and a schedule and annual raises

Ask your boss where your income comes from. A real job would be customers. A leech job would be taxpayers.

Get back with me on what he says.

If your pay comes from taxpayers forced to give up their money under threat of armed attack and incarceration from the gov't it's not a real job.

Last edited:

Get a real job. Stop leaching off of taxpayers.

Feels like a real job I get paid and have a pension, and a schedule and annual raises
Sounds great. The corp I worked for (for 22 yrs) was glad for me to use personal computer, even giving me VPN connect to corp HQ computers and network from my study. Did do a gig for a couple of years as a DoD contractor after the crash of 2008. They definitely did not allow a personal computer, but that was due to the nature and security level I accessed to do the work. That was a good gig. Don't sweat it. Be glad they're not wanting to get 80 hours out of you for the price of 50 or 60.

What ever it is it will save the employer bookoo bucks in stolen hours you're getting paid for. You're at work, Use their puters, WTF's the problem, it's work, they pay you. Check your email, USMB at home, websites, etc at home.
In another thread, fbj said he got fired from his last job for excessive use of his employer's computer and bandwidth for personal internet time on social media, a situation that came to a head when he told some girl that he wanted to bite her ass. And, knowing fbj's various proclaimed sexual fetishes he has shared at USMB, he meant that in a literal creepy stalky manner, not in any sort of innocuous figurative joking manner.

And now this...

Does not surprise me.

Generally, because human beings are creatures of habit, the best predictor of anybody's future behavior is their past behavior.

In another thread, fbj said he got fired from his last job for excessive use of his employer's computer and bandwidth for personal internet time on social media, a situation that came to a head when he told some girl that he wanted to bite her ass. And, knowing fbj's various proclaimed sexual fetishes he has shared at USMB, he meant that in a literal creepy stalky manner, not in any sort of innocuous figurative joking manner.

And now this...

Does not surprise me.

Generally, because human beings are creatures of habit, the best predictor of anybody's future behavior is their past behavior.

I learned my lesson from that. Yes all I did was make a statement about a passion and was fired for misconduct

People don't protect their personal computers against viruses and ransomware. That's what happened.

People don't protect their personal computers against viruses and ransomware. That's what happened.

seem like it would be easier to come back into the office

Forum List

Back