November 2014 Banzuke is out!

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
Nihon Sumo Kyokai Official Grand Sumo Home Page

So the rankings are out.

Aoiyama and Ichinojo are the new Sekiwake, with Ichinojo jumping up from Mag#10. Welcome to trial by fire Ichinojo.

Osunaarashi drops one to Mag #5. Endo Plummets down to Mag #8.

And its nice to see Tochinoshin back at the Mag level, after making his way all the way down to Makushita #55 in the March Banzuke.

The big question is if Harumafuji is well enough to compete in this tournament.

Endo was hyped way too much, way too soon. The big sand storm may be suffering from the same.

Endo was hyped way too much, way too soon. The big sand storm may be suffering from the same.

I noticed the last tournament he has been getting away from the massive forearm Tachi'ai that a lot of people were not happy about.

What he has that Endo does not have is pure muscle bulk. I agree though, that the next few tournaments will tell us if both can hang with the big boys.

Really rooting for Tochinoshin, what a comeback.

One time Tochinoshin was so frustrated and at a loss that he actually ran away from his stable for a few days. Literally ran away like a little kid.

It's a tough life and not for everyone.

One time Tochinoshin was so frustrated and at a loss that he actually ran away from his stable for a few days. Literally ran away like a little kid.

It's a tough life and not for everyone.

Did not know that. But I have seen a few documentaries on Sumo life, and you are right, it requires a lot of commitment and sacrifice.

In the end he did come back.

A good return to the bigs for Tochinoshin with a win over golden-boy Endo on Day 1.

Forum List

Back