November 2013 Jobs Numbers

Any bets on what those who view any and all news thru a political lens will answer with first? The usual candidates would be:

1. It is just temporary seasonal holiday work
2. We need to create 300k jobs to keep up with population
3. We lost 300k though so net negative
4. They are all part time or low wage
5. Obama ordered the numbers fudged

Did I miss any?
6. Almost half are government jobs.

December 06, 2013
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Forty-one percent of new jobs in November were in the government.

Employment Situation Summary
Federal government employment continued to decline (-7,000) in November. Over the past 12 months, federal government employment has decreased by 92,000.

median-income.png

crickets

Since no one knows what you're trying to say with that graph, no one can really respond to it. What do you think it means?

If this is true, it is good news. However, this administration makes me doubt the numbers
To reiterate if the upward GDP revisions are real the amount of investment needed to create a new job is going through the roof.
Got a link, or are you just guessing?? Are you of the opinion that private investment in the economy is a bad idea because it is too great??? Or that companies should stop sending work offshore?? Or what???

You dont have a point, Poindexter. You just show up to drool.
Well, me poor ignorant con, you would not see a point if it was shoved up your ass.

Next.

You're right. I wouldn't see it under that circumstance.

Seriously though. Are you 'slow' mentally?

:eusa_boohoo:
Right, But you would see it in passing, as you removed your head from your ass as it passed.
It is ok. I know it is difficult for you to understand economic ideas of any kind. Most congenital idiots do not even know that such concepts exist. Good for you. You even know how to find the bat shit crazy con web sites you spend your time in without help.

Any bets on what those who view any and all news thru a political lens will answer with first? The usual candidates would be:

Did I miss any?

December 06, 2013
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

Federal government employment continued to decline (-7,000) in November. Over the past 12 months, federal government employment has decreased by 92,000.

State and local governments are on a hiring spree, bub. ObamaCare navigators are this year's Census workers.

Last edited:

Did I miss any?

December 06, 2013
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

State and local governments are on a hiring spree, bub.
Table B-1. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by industry sector and selected industry detail
Private sector went up 196,000
Fed gov went down 7,000
State gov went up 8,000
Local gov went up 6,000
So total gov was +7,000
Last I checked, 7,000/203,000 is 3.4%, not 41%

Did I miss any?

December 06, 2013
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

So according to the BLS, the federal government employment has shrunk by 92,000 in the last 12 months and the number of long-term unemployed has declined by 718,000 in the last 12 months. I guess Rush neglected to mention this.

Last edited:
While there are errors at the margin, they are not material. What are problems is:

the shrinking labor force

While we are getting an increase in GDP due to reduced energy prices and that trend should continue to improve as more private sector infrastructure is built that is not translating into as many more jobs as it used to.

Something is screwed up in the labor market and that needs to be diagnosed to calm people down.

December 06, 2013
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

Table B-1. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by industry sector and selected industry detail
Fed gov went down 7,000
State gov went up 8,000
Local gov went up 6,000
So total gov was +7,000

Those aren't the real numbers. The government makes seasonal adjustments to manipulate the data.

Fed gov went down 7,000
State gov went up 8,000
Local gov went up 6,000
So total gov was +7,000

Those aren't the real numbers. The government makes seasonal adjustments to manipulate the data.
Ok, the UNadjusted numbers were:
Total employment, up 402,000
Private sector, up 309,000
Total gov, up 93,000
93,000/402,000 is 23.1%
So Rush is wrong, regardless.
And why would BLS manipulate the numbers to be so much worse?
The unadjusted UE rate is 6.6%,

Did I miss any?

My political answer is that Americans are resilient ... and just think what we could do if we didn't have a government dragging us down with too much regulation and threats of greater regulation in the future. Feel free to add that to your next version of the list. :thup:

Did I miss any?

My political answer is that Americans are resilient ... and just think what we could do if we didn't have a government dragging us down with too much regulation and threats of greater regulation in the future. Feel free to add that to your next version of the list. :thup:
Yeah, just think we could have another Bush Depression!
:woohoo:

Did I miss any?

The Bush recession is not an excuse for Obama's hyperregulation. :eusa_hand:

Obama flirted with double dip recession.

Thank goodness for Americans who don't let know-nothing politicians get in their way.

The Bush recession is not an excuse for Obama's hyperregulation. :eusa_hand:

Obama flirted with double dip recession.

Thank goodness for Americans who don't let know-nothing politicians get in their way.
NO impartial source says "hyperregulation" even exists, much less affects the economy in any major way. Only bat shit crazy con web sites say that. And cons that spend their time there, or listening to fox. Which would include you, of course.

The near double dip recession was the result of the great republican recession of 2008. Along with a near depression in early 2008. We experienced neither. No thanks to repub legislation, which was non existent.
The fact is, we have not recovered in the sense of unemployment only because repubs have allowed NO legislation to address the issue to pass. Know nothing americans, like you, think that is great, apparently. If you had a speck of integrity, you would admit the problem came from a republican administration which created the great republican recession of 2008, and created the worst unemployment since the great republican depression of 1929. But they you have no integrity.

Last edited:
Fed gov went down 7,000
State gov went up 8,000
Local gov went up 6,000
So total gov was +7,000

The BLS provides both seasonally adjusted and raw data. Seasonal adjustment removes the seasonal component. The statistical methods for seasonal adjustment are well document.

Forum List

Back