Noticing the Trend of the left desperately trying to keep the focus on Trump.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Without him to galvanize their base the are fractured and many are simply receeding into the woodwork.
Some posters here fall into two categories.

1. They know this and as a result desperately seek any story about Trump.

Or

2. They are just randomly stricken with TDS at odd times. Kind of like how your cat suddenly realizes he needed to be in the other room as it frantically jumps up and runs.

Without Trump to take the focus off their current disasters they are likely doomed to lose in 2022.

That last acknowledgment is the reason I hope Trump does NOT run in 2024.
We have several great possible candidates who won't ignite the left like Trump would.

Without him to galvanize their base the are fractured and many are simply receeding into the woodwork.

Or

2. They are just randomly stricken with TDS at odd times. Kind of like how your cat suddenly realizes he needed to be in the other room as it frantically jumps up and runs.

Without Trump to take the focus off their current disasters they are likely doomed to lose in 2022.

We have several great possible candidates who won't ignite the left like Trump would.

It's a delicate balance, because it also opens the door to anti-Trump RINOs like Liz Cheney, who are working with the Dems to make the US a one-party system.

Or

Who?

Or

Trump has a new blog..

Or

Trump has a new blog..
Who?

Or

As long as Donald Trump is in control of the Republican Party, we will be talking about him. When the Trumpists cease to blackmail the Republican Party with forming an American First MAGA Party and taking the Cult with them, and threatening to primary anybody who whispers any dissent against him, he'll keep himself in the news, which is his intention.

Unless and until the Republican Party excises the Trump Cult, the racists and the bigots, and starts rebuilding itself as a party with the Platform, ideas, proposals, and a plan to transform the economy for the 21st Century. Following Trump and his politics of hate, division and racism spells the end of the Party of Lincoln.

Republicans can't win with Trump, because the vast majority of the American public now reject everything about him. Trump has never won a general election since he entered politics, and nothing that has happened since November 3rd has in any way endeared Trump to sane, reasonable Republicans. And they'll definitely lose if he makes good on his 3rd party threat and divides the right wing vote.

Look what you've done to yourselves!!!

On occasion I listen to liberal talk radio, the 'Ideas' network, yeah, I know, I thought it was a joke too. Anyway, for four years they whined about Trump and all the disasters that the country faced, now they avoid anything at all that could be controversial. This morning they were discussing food ethics, and the apparent compromise between vega-nazis and carnivores. The blatant white wash by the media is simply sad. Yet at the same time we have record numbers of kids in cages, with no end in sight.

Or

Trump running in 2024 is all the Left has "left".

By 2028, howoever, we all should be eating out of garbage cans like they do in Venezuela and speaking Chinese so it won't matter then

Last edited:

Or

Has the right stopped talking about Obama and Clinton?

The ugliest presidential four years of our lifetime. By far.

The most fascinating group psychological / sociological / anthropological study of our lifetime.

One profoundly damaged man with a vice-like grip on one of our "major" parties.

An ongoing Cult of Personality unlike this country has ever seen, unlike anything the world has seen outside of North Korea in 85 years.

Hell yes. I'll be studying this closely for a long, long time. If anyone doesn't like that, tough shit.

Or

It's clearly the dems causing the House leadership to fracture. Clearly. LOL

Seriously, I don't watch natl news (other than sports)

I don't know if Biden's charm offensive vis a vis his American Family Plan is going well. And I think the dems and gop are in the final stage of seeing if there's any common ground for infrastructure, and if not, how much Manchin and Sienna are willing to go along

The "big" news today seems to be about whether the gop senate will accept earmarks and whether Kentucky ever gets that new bridge McConnell promised them two decades ago

We need trump. We love Trump. There's nothing quite like a NY Liberal for bringing the GOP to it's knees.
No, no we don't.

Life does go on without him ya know.

In fact, let his son run.

WTH.

The Left worked for 4 long years to destroy him, with the crowing achievement of January 6.

Why not just yank the carpet out from underneath them and piss on all that hard work?

That would be hilarious!

The most fascinating group psychological / sociological / anthropological study of our lifetime.

A Cult of Personality unlike this country has ever seen, unlike anything the world has seen outside of North Korea in 85 years.

Hell yes. I'll be studying this closely for a long, long time. If anyone doesn't like that, tough shit.
It's 1935 all over again people!

Trump's a craaaazy man!

A Cult of Personality unlike this country has ever seen, unlike anything the world has seen outside of North Korea in 85 years.

I dunno. 1969-73 were not highlights for me. Strangely, I didn't have any trouble finding work. I had not yet realized I might have the potential to go to college and find a non-labor profession though

Or

Notice the trend of Trump desperately trying to keep the focus on himself.

A Cult of Personality unlike this country has ever seen, unlike anything the world has seen in 85 years.

Only if ugly means prosperous for all Americans; until the Chinese Plague, that is. Black unemployment was at historic lows. Odd how it took a Republican to do that. The border was under control, now we are flooded with kids in cages and diseased invaders passing unchecked into our country. You haven't seen ugly yet, but if this clown Biden's failed leadership to date is any indication, we will see very ugly soon enough.

I admire your optimism over future elections. I'm sorry to say that I don't share it. They cheated the system blatantly in 2020 and then managed the aftermath such that they can and will do it again and again.
Trump, for all of his faults, was the right man at the right time and I think he could be as much a force of nature in 2024 as he was in 2016 AND 2020. I will go to my grave with the certainty that he won by a large margin in 2020. The panicked scrambling to stop audits is proof of it.
To be clear, I voted for Cruz in the primary of 2016. Trump isn't a Conservative and I was a bit leery of him. He made a move or two on 2A that didn't please me but on the whole, the man tried harder to put average citizens first than any president in my lifetime.
He reminded us that the insanity we were seeing from the Left was NOT the best part of America. I'm not usually a pessimist but after seeing how the established power in DC managed to relentlessly come at him for 4 years I realize that this nation is no longer the one I was born into in 1960.
We are increasingly paralyzed by warring elements, lawlessness is spreading like a cancer, and the institutions that we could once have faith in are now filled with activists that want to weaken and destroy the country.
The Left is trying to use its control of media, education, entertainment, and the structure of power in DC to choke this country into submission and nothing short of TRUE Secession will return us to Constitutional governance.
Here's to the New Constitutional Confederacy! :)

I admire your optimism over future elections. I'm sorry to say that I don't share it. They cheated the system blatantly in 2020 and then managed the aftermath such that they can and will do it again and again.
Trump, for all of his faults, was the right man at the right time and I think he could be as much a force of nature in 2024 as he was in 2016 AND 2020. I will go to my grave with the certainty that he won by a large margin in 2020. The panicked scrambling to stop audits is proof of it.
To be clear, I voted for Cruz in the primary of 2016. Trump isn't a Conservative and I was a bit leery of him. He made a move or two on 2A that didn't please me but on the whole, the man tried harder to put average citizens first than any president in my lifetime.
He reminded us that the insanity we were seeing from the Left was NOT the best part of America. I'm not usually a pessimist but after seeing how the established power in DC managed to relentlessly come at him for 4 years I realize that this nation is no longer the one I was born into in 1960.
We are increasingly paralyzed by warring elements, lawlessness is spreading like a cancer, and the institutions that we could once have faith in are now filled with activists that want to weaken and destroy the country.
The Left is trying to use its control of media, education, entertainment, and the structure of power in DC to choke this country into submission and nothing short of TRUE Secession will return us to Constitutional governance.
Here's to the New Constitutional Confederacy! :)
Like you I voted for Cruz, and can't still come to terms with Trump trying to convince us that the father of Cruz was in on the assassination of JFK.

Words fail me.

But during the debates with Cruz, Trump was at his best. It is a stark comparison to the first debate Trump had with Biden this last time around when we really needed him to come through. Biden made such a huge target, anyone could have taken that fool on. Come on, admit it people! He was abysmal. It was unwatchable.

Do we really want this again?

Part of me wonders if Trump was a DNC plant just to stop Cruz. Really, it was the only thing that stopped him.

Or

Trump keeps himself in the news.

Most Republicans say he's still the leader of the party.

Until Trump goes away, the Left won't ignore him

Forum List

Back