Nothing has proven more that America is a Corporatocracy than this...

You are half right but corporations ain't your enemy and rich people ain't the enemy either. Anybody can incorporate. The problem always goes back to the media. When the media becomes the propaganda arm of a political party it turns the world upside down.
You're not looking far enough.
The political party is also owned by Corporatism.

You're not looking far enough.
The political party is also owned by Corporatism.
For what it's worth, "corporatism" and "corporatocracy" are radically different concepts. In short, "corporatism" is government controlling corporations. "Corporatocracy" is corporations controlling government, or society, directly.

For what it's worth, "corporatism" and "corporatocracy" are radically different concepts. In short, "corporatism" is government controlling corporations. "Corporatocracy" is corporations controlling government.
Uh.... yeah... No.

cor·po·rat·ism
the control of a state or organization by large interest groups.
"roughly one hundred years ago, the free market began to be replaced with corporatism"

Corporatocracy
(/ˌkɔːrpərəˈtɒkrəsi/, from corporate and Greek: -κρατία, romanized: -kratía, lit. 'domination by'; short form corpocracy) is a term used to refer to an economic, political and judicial system controlled by corporations or corporate interests.

Uh.... yeah... No.

cor·po·rat·ism
the control of a state or organization by large interest groups.
"roughly one hundred years ago, the free market began to be replaced with corporatism"

Corporatocracy
(/ˌkɔːrpərəˈtɒkrəsi/, from corporate and Greek: -κρατία, romanized: -kratía, lit. 'domination by'; short form corpocracy) is a term used to refer to an economic, political and judicial system controlled by corporations or corporate interests.
Links?

Here's what I'm going by: Corporatism - Wikipedia
"This article is about the general social theory. For business influence in politics, see Corporatocracy."

I just don't see that China and the "non-investigation" of the origins of covid were a multinational corporate issue. Incompetence, for sure. A CYA thing, sure.

Biden has simultaneously not changed much of anything from Trump on the border, and yet he's being attacked from both left and right.

Maybe not. But it seems a stretch to think that they'd launch a bio-attack on the world from their own backyard. It would have been far easier, and safer, to just drop it somewhere else.

The initial escape from the lab I agree with. But then China closed down travel from Wuhan to all of China, but ALLOWED travel from Wuhan to the rest of the world.

THAT ACT was not negligence.

The initial escape from the lab I agree with. But then China closed down travel from Wuhan to all of China, but ALLOWED travel from Wuhan to the rest of the world.

THAT ACT was not negligence.
Agreed. Their handling of the crisis was explicitly self-serving.

Links?

Here's what I'm going by: Corporatism - Wikipedia
"This article is about the general social theory. For business influence in politics, see Corporatocracy."
I don't care. I don't get hung up on semantics.
When a person says "corporatism" - 99% of people who are familiar with the term know exactly what you are referring to, and not the ancient meanings. Right there in the article it states the word is commonly used in America to describe the same as corporatocracy.
So shoot me.

Agreed. Their handling of the crisis was explicitly self-serving.
Absolutely.
They did not want to upset exporting goods. And refused to listen to scientist in the lab to the contrary, I bet anyone $10,000 there are people in jail in China for speaking about it.
Chinese government is pure evil. The people are great. Their government is little better than Darth Vader and the Emperor.

For what it's worth, "corporatism" and "corporatocracy" are radically different concepts. In short, "corporatism" is government controlling corporations. "Corporatocracy" is corporations controlling government, or society, directly.
OK Professor.
Lets refer to it as corporaticulated.

I don't care. I don't get hung up on semantics.
When a person says "corporatism" - 99% of people who are familiar with the term know exactly what you are referring to, and not the ancient meanings. Right there in the article it states the word is commonly used in America to describe the same as corporatocracy.
So shoot me.

I'm not criticizing you. Just clarifying a point. The term actually isn't understood well, and it's the source of much equivocation. That's why I spoke up. My apologies if it offended.

Absolutely.
They did not want to upset exporting goods. And refused to listen to scientist in the lab to the contrary, I bet anyone $10,000 there are people in jail in China for speaking about it.
Yes. This is confirmed.
Chinese government is pure evil. The people are great. Their government is little better than Darth Vader and the Emperor.
It's far worse that most people know. Many Americans assume it's better since they've moved away from communism. But it's not. The party runs everything. Businesses, media, local governments, are all subservient to the CCP. Defy that order, and you get disappeared.

I'm not criticizing you. Just clarifying a point. The term actually isn't understood well, and it's the source of much equivocation. That's why I spoke up. My apologies if it offended.
Meh... me more than you. Little chip on my shoulder I guess from reading the really stupid post here.
I get it.
Cheers

Absolutely.

We do the same thing. Snowden was simply lucky enough to get out before going to prison.

We do the same thing. Snowden was simply lucky enough to get out before going to prison.
It's honestly much worse over there.

One of the first doctors to raise the alarm about COVID was arrested and imprisoned. And later died from, from COVID.

It's honestly much worse over there.

One of the first doctors to raise the alarm about COVID was arrested and imprisoned. And later died from, from COVID.

OK, it's "worse" over there. That doesn't mean we don't do the same thing.

Also, we are routinely lied to about what goes on "over there". As an example......Benghazi was NOT about a video,

OK, it's "worse" over there. That doesn't mean we don't do the same thing.

Also, we are routinely lied to about what goes on "over there". As an example......Benghazi was NOT about a video,

My son has been living there for three years, so my info is fairly solid. It's been a real education for me.

My son has been living there for three years, so my info is fairly solid. It's been a real education for me.

There is nothing we can do about what they do. There is about the things we do but we don't.

There is nothing we can do about what they do. There is about the things we do but we don't.
Sure. But I think they need to be held accountable, by all nations impacted, for the way they handled the pandemic. Especially their initially response, which was to reflexively deny and prosecute those raising alarm.

Oh come on... Snowden is not even close to what China does.
You can go to jail for years in China for just appearing at a protest. People in China talking to protestors in Hong King were sentenced to 10 years in prison.
Why even make the comparison?
Absurd.

Forum List

Back