Not sure why my "white doctor" felt the need to use slang since I am the black man

She telling me about my test results instead of just saying everything looks great, she says

"ITS ALL GOOD"

Why she gotta to talk me like that since I am black? LOL

Was the test to identify what color you are? Seems to me the diagnosis was in your favor... I would quit crying, but that is just me...

It didn't bother today because the results was in my favor. But I just remember hearing that phrase in the HOOD

So it sounded odd for a doctor to be saying it

So the results of all your tests were good? How racist of him to tell you those results.
No HIV so that is a break.

She telling me about my test results instead of just saying everything looks great, she says

"ITS ALL GOOD"

Was the test to identify what color you are? Seems to me the diagnosis was in your favor... I would quit crying, but that is just me...

It didn't bother today because the results was in my favor. But I just remember hearing that phrase in the HOOD

So the results of all your tests were good? How racist of him to tell you those results.

Yes but I wasn't expecting tell me in a way where she was trying be all COOL
Believe me when they say it's alright run..

"ITS ALL GOOD"

I’m white and I say it’s all good all the time. I don’t pick who I say it to. Maybe the same is true for her

The phrase came from the BLACK HOOD and RAP MUSIC
Yeah, sure buddy

Indeed the application as commented by the first person is one of accepting fate and reaction to "bad" events or consequences. The full quote I used was "Peace, Love, its all good" and that has been shortened to "its all good" which I hear very often in the US now. I offer the February 22, 1969 "Times Herald Record" of Middletown, N.Y. where my phrase was used as the "quote of the day" after a rather unpleasant event concerning myself.
It's all good - phrase meaning and origin

You sure it wasn't SNOOP DOGGY DOG??
Yes it's been around since I was a kid in the 1960's. There have been many variations one by the Incognito..

I never knew that I thought it was started by black rappers

I'm lilly white, but I hear that phrase all the time. Do you believe they all think I'm black?

I agree with you this time. It’s not a racial comment and it’s not a black comment. People have to stop being so sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"ITS ALL GOOD"

I use that slang with other white people, and have heard lots of people say that. Not just black people. its a little more main stream of a phrase than you may think.

oh ok, I thought she was trying to impress me with street talk lol

I’m white and I say it’s all good all the time. I don’t pick who I say it to. Maybe the same is true for her

Yeah, sure buddy

Indeed the application as commented by the first person is one of accepting fate and reaction to "bad" events or consequences. The full quote I used was "Peace, Love, its all good" and that has been shortened to "its all good" which I hear very often in the US now. I offer the February 22, 1969 "Times Herald Record" of Middletown, N.Y. where my phrase was used as the "quote of the day" after a rather unpleasant event concerning myself.
It's all good - phrase meaning and origin

You sure it wasn't SNOOP DOGGY DOG??
Yes it's been around since I was a kid in the 1960's. There have been many variations one by the Incognito..

I never knew that I thought it was started by black rappers
Hell they taught us to say it when we were doing first aid in da army and that was the early 1980's....

"ITS ALL GOOD"

I use that slang with other white people, and have heard lots of people say that. Not just black people. its a little more main stream of a phrase than you may think.

She would have ask you if you needed trim.

"ITS ALL GOOD"

Yes but I wasn't expecting tell me in a way where she was trying be all COOL

If your only gauge of whether a person is cool is whether that particular phrase is used, you don't understand cool.

"ITS ALL GOOD"

need what?

"ITS ALL GOOD"

need what?
trim for the crib.It was said before they shaved it bald.

"ITS ALL GOOD"

I'm a white guy and I say "it's all good". I don't think that a color-specific phrase.

"ITS ALL GOOD"

So? Does that mean only black people can say it?

"ITS ALL GOOD"

No just wasn't expecting it to come out of a doctor's mouth lol

"ITS ALL GOOD"

Yeah understand that. You kind of expect them to be extra proper and nerdy.

"ITS ALL GOOD"

I always heard that phrase on rap songs and black tv shows. Today was the first time I ever heard that phrase come out of a white person mouth

I always heard that phrase on rap songs and black tv shows. Today was the first time I ever heard that phrase come out of a white person mouth
Well if I’m in a doctors office and I hear the words It’s All Good... then I’d be pretty stoked. I mean there are much worse things that could be said, right?

Well if I’m in a doctors office and I hear the words It’s All Good... then I’d be pretty stoked. I mean there are much worse things that could be said, right?

Yes you have a point LOL

She wants a foot massage. Be Nice fuckboy. :lol:

how bout you massage my toes

Mine first , "It's all good" lol

smileys-passing-joint.gif

Forum List

Back