Not everyone wants all electric automobiles

Its a cleaner energy for starters.
that has yet to be proven,,
Maybe in Qannon circles but the rest of the world already knows this.
how can you know the long term effects on something that hasnt ever existed before??
Electricity has been around a long time. The computer you are on right now uses it. How much pollution does your computer produce?
Are you attempting to promote a notion that if a computer, electric vehicle, or electrical device does not produce pollution, then neither does the source power of the electricity?

Not everyone in the world wants or can accept all electric automobiles. Why are certain factions in the US trying to force this all electric cars on the entire world?. It is not right or logical.
A lot of people drive more than 250 miles a day and cannot wait 6 hours to charge their so they continue their journey
most don't and that's where EVs make the most sense

Yep......but again.......there is no reason to force people into EVs......when people want them they will buy them....it is the forcing people that is the issue.

There will be an eventual transition and I think more people will have at least one EV and one gas powered car there is no way all automobile companies will phase out all gas powered cars as long as people still want them.

I would consider an EV as a daily driver. To me that makes the most sense and it will have the most impact on air quality than the occasional long trips people make with a gasoline powered car

The chevy Volt already does that.

We bought one for my ex in 2013. The range on his electric isn't that far but people don't really drive that far around town.

When the electric is drained, the gas engine takes over. So the car has a range of a few hundred miles. If you don't have time to recharge on a long trip, just keep filling the gas tank and keep driving.

The only time he filled the tank was when we went on a long drive but day to day, he very rarely used the gas.

It's small car for the kind of long trips I take.

Usually with a couple dogs and a lot of stuff

Yes that wouldn't work with a couple of dogs and a bunch of stuff.

My Prius has more room in it than the Volt.

I was looking for a used car and a salesman actually got me to glance at a Prius. He was one hell of a salesman. I ended up kicking my own ass.
They take some getting used to. I realized I wasnt being neutral and objective about driving one and when I did it was no longer a big deal. The only thing that bothers me is when it seems to shut off when you stop. The first time it happened I was like WTF!

What bothers me most is the image. Next would be the fact you have to time it's accelleration with a calendar or the hour hand. Things have improved but me driving a prius? I think I would rather kick my own ass.
I thought about getting one but I hate buying new cars no matter what. I have never been into the image thing so it doesnt matter to me. As long as it gets me from point A to point B. I havent noticed any difference in the acceleration but then I dont drive race cars either.

I'm with you on that.

The only thing I'm looking for in a vehicle is for it to get me from point A to point B safely and without breaking down.

I don't care if people don't like the way my car looks. They aren't driving it so they don't have to look at it if they don't like it.

I liked all the hybrid cars I have bought through the years.

What I like best, I'm not harming the environment the same way a regular gas car does.
Biden has promised to installed 500K roadside EV vehicle charges across the country.
First he'll have to replace a few million miles of new electric transmission wires. It will be hilarious to watch that fucking goat rodeo.
Biden first has to "cap a million uncapped oil wells". You know. The oil wells with no caps on them. You know. the oil wells that are spewing millions of barrels of crude oil into the creeks and rivers all over the country b/c they aren't capped.
Biden claims he is going a employ "a million men" to cap these oil wells. Afterwards they can go back to their 'coding classes'.

Not everyone in the world wants or can accept all electric automobiles. Why are certain factions in the US trying to force this all electric cars on the entire world?. It is not right or logical.
A lot of people drive more than 250 miles a day and cannot wait 6 hours to charge their so they continue their journey
most don't and that's where EVs make the most sense

Yep......but again.......there is no reason to force people into EVs......when people want them they will buy them....it is the forcing people that is the issue.

There will be an eventual transition and I think more people will have at least one EV and one gas powered car there is no way all automobile companies will phase out all gas powered cars as long as people still want them.

I would consider an EV as a daily driver. To me that makes the most sense and it will have the most impact on air quality than the occasional long trips people make with a gasoline powered car

The chevy Volt already does that.

We bought one for my ex in 2013. The range on his electric isn't that far but people don't really drive that far around town.

When the electric is drained, the gas engine takes over. So the car has a range of a few hundred miles. If you don't have time to recharge on a long trip, just keep filling the gas tank and keep driving.

The only time he filled the tank was when we went on a long drive but day to day, he very rarely used the gas.

It's small car for the kind of long trips I take.

Usually with a couple dogs and a lot of stuff

Yes that wouldn't work with a couple of dogs and a bunch of stuff.

My Prius has more room in it than the Volt.

I was looking for a used car and a salesman actually got me to glance at a Prius. He was one hell of a salesman. I ended up kicking my own ass.
They take some getting used to. I realized I wasnt being neutral and objective about driving one and when I did it was no longer a big deal. The only thing that bothers me is when it seems to shut off when you stop. The first time it happened I was like WTF!

What bothers me most is the image. Next would be the fact you have to time it's accelleration with a calendar or the hour hand. Things have improved but me driving a prius? I think I would rather kick my own ass.
I thought about getting one but I hate buying new cars no matter what. I have never been into the image thing so it doesnt matter to me. As long as it gets me from point A to point B. I havent noticed any difference in the acceleration but then I dont drive race cars either.

I'm with you on that.

The only thing I'm looking for in a vehicle is for it to get me from point A to point B safely and without breaking down.

I don't care if people don't like the way my car looks. They aren't driving it so they don't have to look at it if they don't like it.

I liked all the hybrid cars I have bought through the years.

What I like best, I'm not harming the environment the same way a regular gas car does.
Biden has promised to installed 500K roadside EV vehicle charges across the country.
First he'll have to replace a few million miles of new electric transmission wires. It will be hilarious to watch that fucking goat rodeo.
Biden first has to "cap a million uncapped oil wells". You know. The oil wells with no caps on them. You know. the oil wells that are spewing millions of barrels of crude oil into the creeks and rivers all over the country b/c they aren't capped.
Biden claims he is going a employ "a million men" to cap these oil wells. Afterwards they can go back to their 'coding classes'.
The 500k chargers will probably be obsolete as they are installed. When government funds chargers and service to them, EVs get charged at a snail pace. It will all need to be ripped out again and done right.

Forum List

Back