Zone1 Not Actually Sure If God Still Communicates With People Today Or Not

Was that the Holy Spirit talking to people in the Bible too then?
The only time God spoke to anyone was Moses at the burning bush.
Jesus was God on Earth....and everything he said was from God himself.
The Holy Spirit talks to us and we can choose to listen or ignore it.

I thought I knew and I thought that He was communicating with me, but now I'm just not sure. Meister, Michelle420 what do you guys think? And I realize that I already sent JohnDB and mudwhistle a PM about it but I decided to make it a topic instead. Especially since I forgot to add Meister and Michelle420.
Does his voice sound exactly the same as what you are hearing in your head when you read this?

The only time God spoke to anyone was Moses at the burning bush.
Jesus was God on Earth....and everything he said was from God himself.
The Holy Spirit talks to us and we can choose to listen or ignore it.

God spoke with Noah too though.

God spoke with Noah too though.
Maybe....but God spoke directly to Moses when he wrote the 10 Commandments. Without a doubt.
God was actually living with the Hebrews when they were in the desert. That's what the Arc Of The Covenant was for, which rested in the tabernacle.
It's possible he did speak to Noah, but that's not absolutely for sure.
He could have sent an Archangel to talk to him.
We can be sure that God spoke thru Jesus.
An angel told Mary she was to give birth to Jesus.

I thought I knew and I thought that He was communicating with me, but now I'm just not sure. Meister, Michelle420 what do you guys think? And I realize that I already sent JohnDB and mudwhistle a PM about it but I decided to make it a topic instead. Especially since I forgot to add Meister and Michelle420.
Depends on if you are asking whether you can converse with God or if you are asking if God still converses with the whole human race or a group of people like Moses with Israel. If it's with you, God answers prayers when they are from the heart. Sometimes the answer is no. How he responds would be two methods. The light of Christ which is in all things that gives us our conscience to choose good over evil. Or, the influence of the Holy Ghost which is a member of the Godhead.
When it comes to God speaking to mankind, it only can come one way, through a prophet. Apostles are also prophet, seers and revelators. Amos 3:7, "Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."

When it comes to God speaking to mankind, it only can come one way, through a prophet. Apostles are also prophet, seers and revelators. Amos 3:7, "Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."
If the "prophet" tries to profit off his supposed talk with God, be wary.

If someone says they talked to God on one sentence and then asks for money in one of the following sentences, it's a red flag.

Maybe....but God spoke directly to Moses when he wrote the 10 Commandments.

there were never heavenly tablets etched w/ 10 commandments, moses was a liar.

they spoke to everyone during the great event, noah was forewarned not their fault no one would listen. mudwhistle.

their deaths and the heavenly pronouncement never to intervene again were their last words.

Depends on if you are asking whether you can converse with God or if you are asking if God still converses with the whole human race or a group of people like Moses with Israel. If it's with you, God answers prayers when they are from the heart. Sometimes the answer is no. How he responds would be two methods. The light of Christ which is in all things that gives us our conscience to choose good over evil. Or, the influence of the Holy Ghost which is a member of the Godhead.
A prophet can be anyone who listens to the Holy Spirit.
The Mormon church gives the power of the priesthood to every member that is baptized into the church. The power to heal and to channel the word of God.
But not all of them can retain it.
Most of the time a prophet is false (even the LDS Church's Prophet), because very few can stay pure and believe in the power of the Holy Spirit.

If the "prophet" tries to profit off his supposed talk with God, be wary.

If someone says they talked to God on one sentence and then asks for money in one of the following sentences, it's a red flag.
Maybe. But man cannot live by bread alone. It takes money to spread the word. At least in our days with a very large world. Do you have another way to spread the word that doesn't cost money to do so? Let us know your secret.

Forum List

Back