kareemono

Rookie
Oct 29, 2017

Norwegians have expressed solidarity with Haiti and several other African nations by saying they do not want to go to the US, describing it using the alleged words of Donald Trump as a ‘shithole’ .

The US President has provoked fresh controversy after allegedly asking a group of senators why the US had to allow in immigrants from “shithole countries” in Africa and the Caribbean rather than from places like Norway.

He was immediately denounced as a "racist" who praised white immigrants over ethnic minorities with the UN calling the comments “shocking and shameful”.

But Norwegians and their Scandinavian cousins on Twitter decided to mock Mr Trump and America itself instead by asking why they would want to go to a country without free healthcare and rampant gun crime.

One user, Christian Christensen, a Stockholm-based American professor, wrote: “Of course people from Norway would love to move to a country where people are far more likely to be shot, live in poverty, get no healthcare because they’re poor, get no paid parental leave or subsidized daycare and see fewer women in political power”.

Another, Christian Gerhard, said: “Being from Norway and the country Trump wants immigrants from. Would not even consider to emigrate to shithole USA as long as Donald Trump is president there.”

Meanwhile, Kathinka Froystad addressed the President directly, saying: “Dear Mr President, I am glad you enjoyed meeting my prime minister, but I am quite happy where I am and would not even dream of settling down in the US during your shithole, racist and misogynist regime.”

Others pointed out that when Norwegians were emigrating to the US 100 years ago, it was to escape the war and poverty that many modern immigrants and refugees face.
While others said Mr Trump did not perhaps know what he was letting himself in for by welcoming more Norwegians as the country’s egalitarian politics clashes with his “winner takes all” brand of nationalism.

Mr Trump has denied the allegations saying he used “tough” language in the meeting but did not used those words to describe Haiti or any African country.

Norwegians have expressed solidarity with Haiti and several other African nations by saying they do not want to go to the US, describing it using the alleged words of Donald Trump as a ‘shithole’ .

The US President has provoked fresh controversy after allegedly asking a group of senators why the US had to allow in immigrants from “shithole countries” in Africa and the Caribbean rather than from places like Norway.

He was immediately denounced as a "racist" who praised white immigrants over ethnic minorities with the UN calling the comments “shocking and shameful”.

But Norwegians and their Scandinavian cousins on Twitter decided to mock Mr Trump and America itself instead by asking why they would want to go to a country without free healthcare and rampant gun crime.

One user, Christian Christensen, a Stockholm-based American professor, wrote: “Of course people from Norway would love to move to a country where people are far more likely to be shot, live in poverty, get no healthcare because they’re poor, get no paid parental leave or subsidized daycare and see fewer women in political power”.

Another, Christian Gerhard, said: “Being from Norway and the country Trump wants immigrants from. Would not even consider to emigrate to shithole USA as long as Donald Trump is president there.”

Meanwhile, Kathinka Froystad addressed the President directly, saying: “Dear Mr President, I am glad you enjoyed meeting my prime minister, but I am quite happy where I am and would not even dream of settling down in the US during your shithole, racist and misogynist regime.”

Others pointed out that when Norwegians were emigrating to the US 100 years ago, it was to escape the war and poverty that many modern immigrants and refugees face.
While others said Mr Trump did not perhaps know what he was letting himself in for by welcoming more Norwegians as the country’s egalitarian politics clashes with his “winner takes all” brand of nationalism.

Mr Trump has denied the allegations saying he used “tough” language in the meeting but did not used those words to describe Haiti or any African country.

What could the US do to attract Norwegians ?

In all seriousness Norway has a very good system for their people and must, apparently, spend money on the people instead of other countries. So if I lived there and had all that, I would not want to come here either. Now that this has been settled, we are done right?

But Norwegians and their Scandinavian cousins on Twitter decided to mock Mr Trump and America..

LOL Oh dear we've been mocked

Norwegians are liberals

Trump does not know what he is getting in to

Excellent. We don't want the Norwegians any more thsn we want the Haitians or Mexicans. The Norwegians wouldn't embrace and assimilate to American Culture any more than Haitians, Mexicans or any of the other "taker" cultures that dominate American immigration at this point in history.

The only difference is that Norway already gives the adult babies that make up their population evdrhthing for "free" so, unlike the shitholes Trump mentioned the othdr day, the Norwegians don't have to come HERE to find a Government willing to give them everything for free.

Excellent. We don't want the Norwegians any more thsn we want the Haitians or Mexicans. The Norwegians wouldn't embrace and assimilate to American Culture any more than Haitians, Mexicans or any of the other "taker" cultures that dominate American immigration at this point in history.

The only difference is that Norway already gives the adult babies that make up their population evdrhthing for "free" so, unlike the shitholes Trump mentioned the othdr day, the Norwegians don't have to come HERE to find a Government willing to give them everything for free.
They dont get anything for free. Where did you hear that ?

You're right, they don't get anything for free.... unless you use the US Liberal definition of free, ie... "Someone else pays for it., or it comes out of my taxes".

Like most European shitholes, Norwegians get "free" healthcare, education, etc... Things that the US forces individuals to ay for themselves.

Well, that was Trump's question. They didn't want to come under any president. All we get is the dregs of 3rd-world shitholes.

You're right, they don't get anything for free.... unless you use the US Liberal definition of free, ie... "Someone else pays for it., or it comes out of my taxes".

Like most European shitholes, Norwegians get "free" healthcare, education, etc... Things that the US forces individuals to ay for themselves.
They pay for their "free stuff" through their taxes and everybody is looked after. Unlike in the free market shithole that you live in.

In all seriousness Norway has a very good system for their people and must, apparently, spend money on the people instead of other countries. So if I lived there and had all that, I would not want to come here either. Now that this has been settled, we are done right?

True. Though 13% of the country are immigrants, mostly from Africa.

They might not want to talk too much shit.

Things change, normally for the worse.

Ok. Let me get this straight.

In defense of runaway illegal immigration, now the strategy is to paint America as unfit to emigrate to.
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

They pay for their "free stuff" through their taxes and everybody is looked after. Unlike in the free market shithole that you live in.

I don' believe it is,the role or responsibility of the Government to pay for that stuff via taxes. I believe it is the responsibility of the Citizens to pay for what they want (and can afford) and the Government's job to get the Hell out of their way.

It is NOT my responsibility to educate or provide healthcare for you or your kids. Nor is it your responsibility to do thst for me. It's literally thst simple, so what makes it so difficult for you fucking Europeans to catch onto this idea. You're welcome to let your Government ass-rape you for "free" stuff if you want. Just realize most Americans don't like that idea and our Constitution doesn't legally allow it to be done to us.

I don't want to be looked after, I don't need to be looked after, and I don't want the government to take the money I've earned and use it to look after people. How can anyone live that way? I can't understand it.

I don't want to be looked after, I don't need to be looked after, and I don't want the government to take the money I've earned and use it to look after people. How can anyone live that way? I can't understand it.
A whole bunch of people in nations that now have higher standards of living than the US like living that way.

A whole bunch of people in nations that now have higher standards of living than the US like living that way.

Name these fantasy country's? On my map I see only one that has the Constitution, 3,000 miles shore to shore and a military that can defend her citizens ..

Forum List

Back