Northern nations warming faster than global average

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boston is freezing! You people are nuts.

Amarillo was in the mid 70's today, and is gonna be 89 on Tuesday. Sucks that you have to freeze.

Already had to mow my lawn once, and I'm gonna have to do it again in the next couple of days.

Its Texas s0n!:113::113:. Of course its h0t.....doy.

Amarillo is all the way north in the Panhandle, and yes, while it can get warm, these temperatures are kinda unusual. Same thing with the trees, at the beginning of March, my neighbors weeping willow was already budding.

And 89 for the beginning of April is kinda unusual as well.

Amarillo was in the mid 70's today, and is gonna be 89 on Tuesday. Sucks that you have to freeze.

Already had to mow my lawn once, and I'm gonna have to do it again in the next couple of days.

Amarillo is all the way north in the Panhandle, and yes, while it can get warm, these temperatures are kinda unusual. Same thing with the trees, at the beginning of March, my neighbors weeping willow was already budding.

Oh what we'd give to be at 90 in New York. I'd be on the ocean today s0n with tens of thousands of others loving the global warming!

And here we've been cursing Canada for years because all we seem to get are Polar Vortexes and springs that never come until Mid May.

So I call BS on this entire thing

It’s 33 in Boston. And it’s baseball season. Has not even sniffed 70 and is not supposed to anytime soon. Global Warming my @$$

It’s 33 in Boston. And it’s baseball season. Has not even sniffed 70 and is not supposed to anytime soon. Global Warming my @$$

Same here in NY. But but but the deep oceans!! 2,000m is wermererererer

Canada is warming at twice the global rate, report says - CNN
and
Canada’s Changing Climate Report

• The observed warming of Canadian temperatures are due to "human influence."
  • There has been more rain than snowfall in Canada since 1948, a trend that looks to continue over the 21st century.
  • Temperature extremes have changed in Canada, meaning extreme warm temperatures are getting hotter and extreme cold is becoming less cold.
  • Extreme hot temperatures will become more frequent and intense.
  • Over the last 30 years, the amount of snow-covered land has decreased in Canada.
  • Flooding is expected to increase in Canada because of sea-level rise.
  • Freshwater shortages in the summer are expected because warmer summers will increase the evaporation of surface water.
We've known that the Arctic had been warmed more than the rest of the planet by a significant margin. It should come as no surprise, then, that countries on the Arctic margin should share in that elevated warming: Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Finland and Russia are all likely to experience accelerated warming particularly on their northern boundaries.

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO, WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO CRICK?Tell us how we can survive. Oh my god the devastation and suffering is more than I can bear. I’m afraid, please tell me what to do!

and

• There has been more rain than snowfall in Canada since 1948, a trend that looks to continue over the 21st century.
  • Temperature extremes have changed in Canada, meaning extreme warm temperatures are getting hotter and extreme cold is becoming less cold.
  • Over the last 30 years, the amount of snow-covered land has decreased in Canada.
  • Freshwater shortages in the summer are expected because warmer summers will increase the evaporation of surface water.
We've known that the Arctic had been warmed more than the rest of the planet by a significant margin. It should come as no surprise, then, that countries on the Arctic margin should share in that elevated warming: Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Finland and Russia are all likely to experience accelerated warming particularly on their northern boundaries.

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO, WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO CRICK?Tell us how we can survive. Oh my god the devastation and suffering is more than I can bear. I’m afraid, please tell me what to do!

Windmills!!

is that abnormal? when did you first cut your lawn last year?

Actually, yes, that is a bit on the unusual side. I usually don't have to start thinking about mowing the lawn until the end of April or beginning of May around here. Having already mowed it at the end of March is pretty abnormal.

So is the fact that the weeping willow tree across the street started to bud and turn green at the end of Feb. It usually doesn't start to bud until the end of March, beginning of April.

and

Wrong.

Actually, yes, that is a bit on the unusual side. I usually don't have to start thinking about mowing the lawn until the end of April or beginning of May around here. Having already mowed it at the end of March is pretty abnormal.

So is the fact that the weeping willow tree across the street started to bud and turn green at the end of Feb. It usually doesn't start to bud until the end of March, beginning of April.
All of my trees are in full bud and we’ve been so cold for the entire year. Trees bud

All of my trees are in full bud and we’ve been so cold for the entire year. Trees bud

In MA I have to start mowing at the end of April too. So far zero 70 degree days in MA. So much for warming...

Amarillo had temperatures in the 70’s in February last year. It isn’t uncommon. Do you all ever look up statistics for your areas? I bet people were cutting grass this early last year. Why do people like you feel the need to lie? I don’t get it. There are records?

In MA I have to start mowing at the end of April too. So far zero 70 degree days in MA. So much for warming...
Dude, he’s in fking Texas. And saying his temps are the same as ours. He thinks we’re stupid

Dude, he’s in fking Texas. And saying his temps are the same as ours. He thinks we’re stupid

Bullshit. I told you that this year it got warmer much earlier than it usually does. Never said anything about being the same temp as you guys, you're in the north and still bitching about being cold.

Yet, latest research from Los Alamos shows that in the weeks after the Chicxulub impact, more greenhouse gases were released into the atmosphere than man produces at his current rate in a THREE-THOUSAND YEAR (3,000 years or 300 centuries) PERIOD, and yet...

...here we are. Better off than ever. The Earth is an amazing thing.

SMH.

Bullshit. I told you that this year it got warmer much earlier than it usually does. Never said anything about being the same temp as you guys, you're in the north and still bitching about being cold.
I proved you wrong, in another thread.

Yet, latest research from Los Alamos shows that in the weeks after the Chicxulub impact, more greenhouse gases were released into the atmosphere than man produces at his current rate in a THREE-THOUSAND YEAR (3,000 years or 300 centuries) PERIOD, and yet...

...here we are. Better off than ever. The Earth is an amazing thing.

SMH.

BFB. You should be more concerned about the POINT and PURPORT of these scientists conclusions than my simple math error. Climate hoax swallowed hook line and sinker by the EU. They invented it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back