Always Faithful
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 28, 2018
Walker County, TX
Earth’s magnetic north pole is moving at unprecedented speeds

Mike Wehner
@MikeWehner
December 18th, 2019 at 12:55 PM

Earlier this year, scientists revealed that Earth’s magnetic north pole is shifting faster than anyone had predicted. Polar shifts aren’t uncommon and we’ve long known that Earth’s magnetic poles are always on the move, but the rate at which the pole was moving gave researchers pause.

Now, months after that initial report, new research confirms the drifting pole is still headed toward Siberia, and it’s doing so at unprecedented speeds. In a new report from NOAA, the “World Magnetic Model” for 2020 is revealed, and it shows that the pole is speeding toward northern Russia. That trend, however, is expected to change.

And the USGS server is down for repairs. :(

Oh, well. I just noticed it's creepy cold and went to "weather" where I saw an article on the North Pole on the move. Didn't it use to be somewhere way in the northernmost part of Canada?

What would Hank Johnson say about that?

"I believe...uhhh... that ...uhhh...Russia is using giant magnets...uhhh....to pull the north pole closer to them so they can...uhhh...steal it from us...."

If it's going to stay in Siberia, they're going to have the disappearance of their already-meager growing season. :dunno:

Poor Santa!

Now that's a frightening thought. I sure hope Santa's GPS doesn't go wack and he delivers me stuff that was supposed to go to my liberal neighbor. I don't know what I'd do with a case of rubber dildos and ten pairs of fair trade hand-woven hemp underwear from Guatemala.

Guess I could at least smoke the underwear.

Found a picture and article on the Magnetic north pole:
6vPcUjZnNLrwFCM6tMSqRi-320-80.jpg

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/6vPcUjZnNLrwFCM6tMSqRi-320-80.jpg
From article:
Earth's Magnetic North Pole Continues Drifting, Crosses Prime Meridian

Mike Wehner
@MikeWehner

Earlier this year, scientists revealed that Earth’s magnetic north pole is shifting faster than anyone had predicted. Polar shifts aren’t uncommon and we’ve long known that Earth’s magnetic poles are always on the move, but the rate at which the pole was moving gave researchers pause.

Now, months after that initial report, new research confirms the drifting pole is still headed toward Siberia, and it’s doing so at unprecedented speeds. In a new report from NOAA, the “World Magnetic Model” for 2020 is revealed, and it shows that the pole is speeding toward northern Russia. That trend, however, is expected to change.

Oh, well. I just noticed it's creepy cold and went to "weather" where I saw an article on the North Pole on the move. Didn't it use to be somewhere way in the northernmost part of Canada?

It does that just before it flips polarity where north and south swap. It's happened several times before.

Poor Santa!

Now that's a frightening thought. I sure hope Santa's GPS doesn't go wack and he delivers me stuff that was supposed to go to my liberal neighbor. I don't know what I'd do with a case of rubber dildos and ten pairs of fair trade hand-woven hemp underwear from Guatemala.

Guess I could at least smoke the underwear.
Well, if the north pole relocates just so, we will have Carribbean winters in the
states! :D

Mike Wehner
@MikeWehner

Fake science just trying to get more grant money

The North Pole is nothing but ice. It always oscillates from year to year.
All the way from Canada to Siberia? :disbelief:
Good Lord. Lol
I can't believe I researched this. Geomagnetic Reversal. Has reversed many times on the planet.

Lol. I wish I never responded to this thread...lol

North Magnetic Pole - Wikipedia
Persistence said, "Good Lord. Lol
I can't believe I researched this. Geomagnetic Reversal. Has reversed many times on the planet.

Lol. I wish I never responded to this thread...lol"

North Magnetic Pole - Wikipedia

Why? You've been the best of good reporters to the unknowing like me. :thup: This is what I found for the first time, even though I followed NASA'S apod (A PICTURE OF THE DAY) for years. I do not recall a single word on pole reversal, although I was following it from around 2003-2008.

Edit: Oh, wait. I love animals too, and somewhere I read about theories on why the dinos disappeared, and I did read a mention that it could have been a pole change (what you call reversal) that caused the weather to change from tropical to glaciers in a matter of months as one theory as to why the dinosaurs died out. (and a few other theories)

Last edited:
Trump sold the North Pole to Russia!! Quick tell Nancy-Pants!!! Impeach! Impeach! Impeach!! :aargh::abgg2q.jpg:

Forum List

Back