NOAA predicts warmer winter for US...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
La Niña driven weather pattern expected to be warmer than normal across most of the US according to NOAA predictions...

Screenshot_20211022-064138.png

La Niña driven weather pattern expected to be warmer than normal across most of the US according to NOAA predictions...

View attachment 554899

Yeah they predicted that NYC and other low lying cities would be under water by now...I take it with a grain of salt.

Is that why most of the time there is a 50/50 chance of precipitation?

You do know that a 50% chance of rain means that 50% of the covered area will see rain, not that there is a 50% chance it will rain on the whole area. There is a difference.

View attachment 554899

Winter 2021-2022 Forecast - Farmers' Almanac

View attachment 554899

Excellent. All I know is I've played a helluva lotta golf in Nov, Dec, and Jan the last 5 yrs

Hopefully half the planet burns to a crisp so I can tee off in Feb, Mar, and April

I still remember as a kid in Austin TX when 9 saw it raining across the street from me but not where I was.

Not all that rare. I was working Flight Clearance at Kadena AFB in Okinawa and one of our jobs was to check for standing water on the runways during rain storms. We had parallel runways and there were many times when one had standing water and one was dry .

Not all that rare. I was working Flight Clearance at Kadena AFB in Okinawa and one of our jobs was to check for standing water on the runways during rain storms. We had parallel runways and there were many times when one had standing water and one was dry .
just seems freaky to be on the edge of rain. i mean, it has to stop raining somewhere and as soon as it does, situation created. every time i suppose. but it stood out to me when i was like 7 or 8 as just one of those odd things you remember.

I still remember as a kid in Austin TX when 9 saw it raining across the street from me but not where I was.
When I was stationed in Panama monsoon season was interesting. You could watch a what looked like a wall of water coming towards you, as it got halfway across the canal it would obliterate any view of Panama City. When it reached you it would almost be like being underwater, if you were standing on concrete or any other hard surface the up spray from the rain hitting the surface would completely obscure your lower half from the waist down. If it missed you you could be standing almost next to it and only the up spray would get you wet.

Forum List

Back