No to stimulus 5. Paying people to not work and to bail out bad local governments and unions is wrong

A big NO to the hardest working most productive workforce in the world due to a virus that isn't going to magically go away. Got it.

What Nancy Pelosi wants is a pure government giveaway to discourage people from working by paying them more money to not work than work. And the rest is a giveaway to unions and bad blue State governments and their huge pension fund liabilities that were never adequately funded. And then she wants other green and leftist objectives to tie it all up in a nice bow. I didn't see ANYTHING in her bill that I supported. There is no compromise with that. Far better to not do anything.

This is an unusual time since government forced businesses to shut down. So I'm open even as a libertarian to spending I would not normally support. But the bill would have to be payouts to get businesses running and hiring again. A payroll tax suspension would be great for workers and businesses. But those are non-starters for Nancy. At least 20 or so Republicans realize that a deal is not always a good thing. And this deal isn't worth making. Let's send them home for their August break.

"Rep. Lance Gooden, R-Texas, said Wednesday that at least 20 Senate Republicans will not vote for a fresh coronavirus stimulus deal."

You do know that many republicans do not support the payroll tax cut including Mnuchin right? It’s not honest to only point at Nancy about that one. And it’s not popular because it is a slow and indirect method of stimulus

I don't think I said or cared whether all Republicans agree with it or not.

And it was an example. My point was that if there is any further spending, it should be to create jobs, not to stifle the economy. That is an example of a tax cut that would invigorate the economy. It puts money in people's hands for working instead of not working. And it's a benefit to cash strapped employers to lower the cost of hiring.

Also, note I pointed to Nancy as rejecting that for the negotiations. Other Republicans didn't do that
Yes you pointed at Nancies rejection and didn’t mention that many republicans including Trumps Sec of Treasury have expressed opposition to the idea. I find that relevant.

I’d say that the Dem plan was too fat in many areas but it should have been negotiated 2 months ago.Ignoring it till now just to come up with a 11th hour bill that doesn't even have consensus amoungst Republicans is almost as embassing as the healthcare debacle. It just further highlights the incompetence of our congressional leaders and the constipation that partisan politics results in.

My OP is based on that:

I generally/may support spending/tax cuts that provide jobs.

I oppose all spending that doesn't.

You aren't contradicting that even though you're stuck on this
I support spending that helps create jobs as well but I also recognize that there are far more unemployed than there are available jobs so additional help is needed. Especially since the economy is still partially closed by mandate. People who are unemployed need to be able to pay rent. If they can’t and evictions start to ramp up we are going to be in a really bad place.

So that could be the basis of a compromise. Focus on jobs but provide some more support for the unemployed. But that compromise cannot be that they make more for NOT working than working. That is so destructive to our economy. Employers really are having a hard time getting their employees to work full time and give up $600 a month plus State unemployment. It's too much
It makes me think twice agreeing with you

I bet it happens. And while you are blaming dems, repubs control the presidency, senate, and Supreme Court. It wouldn’t happen if repubs didn’t want it to.
The OP says he is a Libertarian. The people who like to see people starve.
He’s a trumper more than anything.

The worst insult you know. He's a ... {room hushes} ... Trumper ...

LOL. Grow up, tyke
It’s pretty bad. And any trumper sure can’t be a libertarian.

What Nancy Pelosi wants is a pure government giveaway to discourage people from working by paying them more money to not work than work. And the rest is a giveaway to unions and bad blue State governments and their huge pension fund liabilities that were never adequately funded. And then she wants other green and leftist objectives to tie it all up in a nice bow. I didn't see ANYTHING in her bill that I supported. There is no compromise with that. Far better to not do anything.

This is an unusual time since government forced businesses to shut down. So I'm open even as a libertarian to spending I would not normally support. But the bill would have to be payouts to get businesses running and hiring again. A payroll tax suspension would be great for workers and businesses. But those are non-starters for Nancy. At least 20 or so Republicans realize that a deal is not always a good thing. And this deal isn't worth making. Let's send them home for their August break.

"Rep. Lance Gooden, R-Texas, said Wednesday that at least 20 Senate Republicans will not vote for a fresh coronavirus stimulus deal."

You do know that many republicans do not support the payroll tax cut including Mnuchin right? It’s not honest to only point at Nancy about that one. And it’s not popular because it is a slow and indirect method of stimulus

And it was an example. My point was that if there is any further spending, it should be to create jobs, not to stifle the economy. That is an example of a tax cut that would invigorate the economy. It puts money in people's hands for working instead of not working. And it's a benefit to cash strapped employers to lower the cost of hiring.

Also, note I pointed to Nancy as rejecting that for the negotiations. Other Republicans didn't do that
Yes you pointed at Nancies rejection and didn’t mention that many republicans including Trumps Sec of Treasury have expressed opposition to the idea. I find that relevant.

I’d say that the Dem plan was too fat in many areas but it should have been negotiated 2 months ago.Ignoring it till now just to come up with a 11th hour bill that doesn't even have consensus amoungst Republicans is almost as embassing as the healthcare debacle. It just further highlights the incompetence of our congressional leaders and the constipation that partisan politics results in.

My OP is based on that:

It will likely happen with trumps support and then you will change your tune.

My OP is based on that:

I support spending that helps create jobs as well but I also recognize that there are far more unemployed than there are available jobs so additional help is needed. Especially since the economy is still partially closed by mandate. People who are unemployed need to be able to pay rent. If they can’t and evictions start to ramp up we are going to be in a really bad place.

So that could be the basis of a compromise. Focus on jobs but provide some more support for the unemployed. But that compromise cannot be that they make more for NOT working than working. That is so destructive to our economy. Employers really are having a hard time getting their employees to work full time and give up $600 a month plus State unemployment. It's too much
The stimulus was $600 a week I believe and I agree that was alot. I’m totally down to re-evaluate That amount. Ideally people would make enough to pay the bills but not more than they were making with their paychecks

Nobody here has yet pointed out how sadly pathetic wages really are if one can make more unemployed with a measly extra $600 per week.
$600 a week was an additional stimulus ontop of what each state normally pays for unemployment. Here in Cali the Max is $450 a week. So people we’re making up to $1050 a week or $4200 a month

Imagine the average American worker getting some help. HEAVENS NO. That's only for the well to do. This country is cracked sometimes. Workers need to be treated let me the garbage they are.

I bet it happens. And while you are blaming dems, repubs control the presidency, senate, and Supreme Court. It wouldn’t happen if repubs didn’t want it to.
The only people that think that are people that like the govt to wipe their ass for them.
People are starving in the streets what do you do? Let the free market decide. Isn’t that what libertarian say?

Please show one person starving in the streets because of lack of compassion, funding, or programs by the American taxpayer. You can't so you won't

We should give those LP's some credit. After all, they managed to garner 4.4M votes in 2016 with Gary Johnson. An all time high for the party.

That is why Clinton lost in 2016. When the two major parties lose more than 5% of the vote to third parties, it is not good for the incumbent party and it indicates America is not happy with the two major parties. We will see this in the next election and I also believe 2024. Americans are tired of the BS and the brave are actually looking for solutions. The lemmings will continue to vote D or R and expect a different result.

No. There is no social security trust fund. There is no money. So the idea that it's taking money from the fund is a ruse since it doesn't exist. Social security is a welfare program

The word "trust" needs to be removed. Great money managers these politicians, they took our money, 'borrowed' and spent every last dime. How will government repay the money they owe us?

Who were we trying to help ?? Putin , Like Trump is doing?
Another psycho Leftist living in the Alt Left Universe... :rolleyes:
John What alt left universe ?? You don't believe like so many others do that Putin helped trump get elected and the POS is trying again? How tf can anyone want 4 more years of this lying POS Trump?
I know! Right? He probably also doesn't believe Bush was given Florida by his brother the governor, Obamacare saved so much money it paid off the national debt and Mitt Romney had women in binders. He's bat shit crazy Huh?

Social security IS one of the GREATEST things this nation has EVER done. Go ahead run on getting rid of it.

Nancy Pelosi is a piece of shit that Hell burns hotter for and the people of San Francisco re-elect her no matter how many millions of dollars she rips them off for right in front of their face. This is the proof for replacing voting age to voting IQ. It would end the Communist party today and we could start putting them where they belong this evening. Start disposing of them tomorrow.

John What alt left universe ?? You don't believe like so many others do that Putin helped trump get elected and the POS is trying again? How tf can anyone want 4 more years of this lying POS Trump?
That shit has all been debunked and normal informed thinking Americans know it.

Your post are not worthy of a response.

Run along lil' troll.
Debunked ? BULLSHIT Even Republicans admitted it .... you run along traitor and get your head out of trumps ass It's unseemly

yes it has been debunked you uneducated shithead. Several times. Try keeping up with current events. Or better yet, keep you head firmly ensconced in your rectum. Run along little liar.

yes it has been debunked you uneducated shithead. Several times. Try keeping up with current events. Or better yet, keep you head firmly ensconced in your rectum. Run along little liar.
After all these years I still find it shocking sometimes just how uninformed and Gullible Leftist can be.

We should give those LP's some credit. After all, they managed to garner 4.4M votes in 2016 with Gary Johnson. An all time high for the party.

That is why Clinton lost in 2016. When the two major parties lose more than 5% of the vote to third parties, it is not good for the incumbent party and it indicates America is not happy with the two major parties. We will see this in the next election and I also believe 2024. Americans are tired of the BS and the brave are actually looking for solutions. The lemmings will continue to vote D or R and expect a different result.
How bad did you have it under Clinton and Obama? Was the nation starving for jobs ? Did all our allies laugh at us ?? Now we have a real unqualified piece of garbage in our wh Do you really think you could EVER call Biden that??
That shit has all been debunked and normal informed thinking Americans know it.

Your post are not worthy of a response.

Run along lil' troll.
Debunked ? BULLSHIT Even Republicans admitted it .... you run along traitor and get your head out of trumps ass It's unseemly

Lantern You fn moron you AH which of these links is wrong??
About 38,800,000 results (0.54 seconds)

Search Results
Web results

Senate Intel report confirms Russia aimed to help Trump in 2016
www.politico.com › news › 2020/04/21 › senate-intel-r...

Apr 21, 2020 - Tuesday's bipartisan report, from a panel chaired by North Carolina Republican Richard Burr, undercuts Trump's years of efforts to portray ...

Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections ...
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Russian_interference_in_the_...

The Russian government interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election with the goals of ... Finally, several individuals connected to Russia contacted various Trump campaign ... Clinton's campaign, and by the fall of 2016 to directly helping Trump's campaign, because Putin thought Trumpwould ease economic sanctions.
Background and Russian ... · ‎Cyberattack on Democrats

Senate Intel Committee backs finding that Russia helped ...
www.usatoday.com › news › politics › 2020/04/21 › se...

Apr 21, 2020 - Trump has long-sought to undermine the intelligence community's assessment of Russia's interference campaign and has moved to shake-up ...

Opinion | Even Republicans on the Intelligence Committee ...
www.washingtonpost.com › opinions › 2020/04/21 › e...

Apr 21, 2020 - Even Republicans on the Intelligence Committee admit that Putin helped Trump get elected. Russian President Vladimir Putin with President ...

People also ask

Social security IS one of the GREATEST things this nation has EVER done. Go ahead run on getting rid of it.
I suggest you take a peek at the original S.S. bill and compare it to the disaster the politicians have morphed it into over the years.

New Topics

Forum List

Back