No one white today owned slaves but most whites today benefitted from the 100 years after slavery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened after slavery.

Race Riot of 1919 in Omaha-The Lynching of Will Brown

White riots because blacks had jobs they thought that only whites deserved.

98 years ago. EVERYONE involved is long dead.

Most of their children are dead of old age.

Stop living in the past, lefty.

Stop using that excuse. .The constitution was written 240 years ago, s it is it not relevant now white boy. The founding fathers are dead and decomposed. When you punks talk about us being grateful to whites who fought in the civil war, they are dead too, but we are to be grateful to you living today for their supposed dying for us, yet we cannot hold whites living today responsible for their racism. You are about to celebrate July 4th of 1776 That's was 241 years ago, does that day still count white boy? I bet you don' t forget about Pearl Harbor, that was 76 years ago most of the people her eon that day are now dead along with those who died in the attack. How about WW1? Shall we forget that. too? After al that was 100 years ago, All those past things seem to count, the past is relevant and important then, So why do we get this excuse when we black folks point out what whites have done?

Huh? Tell me why.

Then you wonder why is the black man sounding so angry? Just who in the FUCK do you white racists think you are talking to with all this double talk?

Sure, we celebrate the 4th of July.

What we DON'T do is still hate modern brits for what they ancient ancestors did. Or the Japanese. Or the Germans. Or, now, even the Russians, though some are slow to get that message.

I know why you are still angry. Because it gives you an excuse to have a position of Privilege in our society and to demand/get special treatment.

In high school I was in a short film about racism , They needed a token white to rant at on camera about the effects of racism, I didn't volunteer as much as I was akin to press ganged into it. this thread reminds me of THAT. Being selected as a victim of a racial rant on inequality based on race. Talk about racial profiling....jeese louise , I thought we were post racial now.

I doubt very many people actually believe we are past racism.

White racism is pretty much a dead issue, when a majority white nation has for generations been actively discriminating against whites.

I don't know about the rest of you,but I have donated to the board, and will again as should the rest of you. All I want is little respect here, not childish games.

Then you are going to be sorely disappointed.

In high school I was in a short film about racism , They needed a token white to rant at on camera about the effects of racism, I didn't volunteer as much as I was akin to press ganged into it. this thread reminds me of THAT. Being selected as a victim of a racial rant on inequality based on race. Talk about racial profiling....jeese louise , I thought we were post racial now.

White racism is pretty much a dead issue, when a majority white nation has for generations been actively discriminating against whites.

Prove when racism ended and its effects were allayed. Show, with data and peer-reviewed studies supporting your argument, when the effects of the hundreds of years of anti-Black racism from chattel slavery through Old Jim Crow leveled off. Show when the wealth expropriated during that oppression was repaid to those it was expropriated from and through.

The quoted passage is not the thread topic. There s no discrimination against whites. You have no proof of it. You repeating there is every day is not proof.

Prove when racism ended and its effects were allayed. Show, with data and peer-reviewed studies supporting your argument, when the effects of the hundreds of years of anti-Black racism from chattel slavery through Old Jim Crow leveled off. Show when the wealth expropriated during that oppression was repaid to those it was expropriated from and through.

The quoted passage is not the thread topic. There s no discrimination against whites. You have no proof of it. You repeating there is every day is not proof.

Racism hasn't ended. You yourself are practicing it daily here on USMB.

Last edited:
IM2 actually makes me miss poet.

You have no point to make.
What is YOURS?

His point is that he is Black and has achieved material and financial success but still feels that "whitey" owes him something.

No the thread topic nor is it my point.

It is the point. You have posted numerous race baiting threads in which you insult "whitey" and claim that :whitey" owe blacks something. That is your entire zeitgeist here. If you are goign to post such drivel, then expect to be called on it.

Insult whitey? Who cares? There has been no race baiting This government and every other level of this government owes blacks money for laws they enacted that denied us the right to earn money, then laws that made it so we could not earn what we were worth. Those are the facts and if that insults you so be it. We are talking about human rights violations. And whites who deny this are now going to be called on it here in this forum.

Now you will either discuss the thread topic or you will leave.

Racism hasn't ended. You yourself are practicing daily here on USMB.

Yawn!

I've posted peer reviewed academic studies documenting massive anti-white discrimination and you dismissed it, for bs "reasons".

What is YOURS?

His point is that he is Black and has achieved material and financial success but still feels that "whitey" owes him something.

It is the point. You have posted numerous race baiting threads in which you insult "whitey" and claim that :whitey" owe blacks something. That is your entire zeitgeist here. If you are goign to post such drivel, then expect to be called on it.

Insult whitey? Who cares? There has been no race baiting This government and every other level of this government owes blacks money for laws they enacted that denied us the right to earn money, then laws that made it so we could not earn what we were worth. Those are the facts and if that insults you so be it. We are talking about human rights violations. And whites who deny this are now going to be called on it here in this forum.

I am discussing the topic. Youi are race baiting. Pure and simple.

This is the topic.

No one white today owned slaves but most whites today benefitted from the 100 years after slavery.

You are not discussing the topic nor is there any race baiting going on here.

This is the topic.

i was born AFTER the policy of the US changed from anti black discrimination to anti-white discrimination.

My father, a working class white, did not pass on anything but a good role model to me.

I've posted peer reviewed academic studies documenting massive anti-white discrimination and you dismissed it, for bs "reasons".

No you have not. I dismissed you crap based on what was written in that peer reviewed study. You cannot prove wide spread massive anti white discrimination because it doesn't happen.

This is the topic.

i was born AFTER the policy of the US changed from anti black discrimination to anti-white discrimination.

My father, a working class white, did not pass on anything but a good role model to me.

There never was such a change.

You have no point to make.
What is YOURS?

Insult whitey? Who cares?
Whitey does, and you should.

There has been no race baiting
your entire thread is bait.

This government and every other level of this government owes blacks money for laws they enacted that denied us the right to earn money, then laws that made it so we could not earn what we were worth.

I disagree.

the ones that dont' get ahead are sitting in the corner, crying 'poor me, poor me. the white man is keeping us from getting ahead'.

but there are a large number that aren't sitting in that corner.

They stood up, got an education, and made something of themselves.

No you have not. I dismissed you crap based on what was written in that peer reviewed study. You cannot prove wide spread massive anti white discrimination because it doesn't happen.

Nope. YOu ignored what was written in that study, said some words to pretend there was a reason for your denial, and then repeated your initial position, ie Evul White Racism.

YOu demand proof, with the full intent of not accepting ANYTHING as proof.

YOur mind is completely closed. YOu are only pretending to be engaged in a debate here.

This is the topic.

There never was such a change.

Your denial is irrational in the face of massive history and of course, my supporting links.

From DEMOS

How the GI Bill Left Out African Americans

Economic success in America is often seen as a reflection of what kind of family a person was born into, how hard they work, and what kinds of opportunites exist in the economy. Of course, though, the story goes much deeper than that. How well a person's parents were positioned financially tends to reflect the well-being of the family they grew up in and, in turn, how their parents and grandparents did.

There are lots of reasons that whites have so much more wealth than nonwhites. How the GI Bill played out is one of those reasons. Whites were able to use the government guaranteed housing loans that were a pillar of the bill to buy homes in the fast growing suburbs. Those homes subsequently rose greatly in value in coming decades, creating vast new household wealth for whites during the postwar era.

But black veterans weren't able to make use of the housing provisions of the GI Bill for the most part. Banks generally wouldn't make loans for mortgages in black neighborhoods, and African-Americans were excluded from the suburbs by a combination of deed covenants and informal racism.

In short, the GI Bill helped fostered a long-term boom in white wealth but did almost nothing to help blacks to build wealth. We are still living with the effects of that exclusion today -- and will be for a long time to come.

From DEMOS

Economic success in America is often seen as a reflection of what kind of family a person was born into, how hard they work, and what kinds of opportunites exist in the economy. Of course, though, the story goes much deeper than that. How well a person's parents were positioned financially tends to reflect the well-being of the family they grew up in and, in turn, how their parents and grandparents did.

There are lots of reasons that whites have so much more wealth than nonwhites. How the GI Bill played out is one of those reasons. Whites were able to use the government guaranteed housing loans that were a pillar of the bill to buy homes in the fast growing suburbs. Those homes subsequently rose greatly in value in coming decades, creating vast new household wealth for whites during the postwar era.

But black veterans weren't able to make use of the housing provisions of the GI Bill for the most part. Banks generally wouldn't make loans for mortgages in black neighborhoods, and African-Americans were excluded from the suburbs by a combination of deed covenants and informal racism.

In short, the GI Bill helped fostered a long-term boom in white wealth but did almost nothing to help blacks to build wealth. We are still living with the effects of that exclusion today -- and will be for a long time to come.

From your link: "But black veterans weren't able to make use of the housing provisions of the GI Bill for the most part. Banks generally wouldn't make loans for mortgages in black neighborhoods, and African-Americans were excluded from the suburbs by a combination of deed covenants and informal racism. "

Looks like it wasn't the GI Bill that was at fault, but the banks that were worried about making loans.

This is the topic.

How do I benefit, today, from redlining that ended over 50 years ago? Coward.

Nope. YOu ignored what was written in that study, said some words to pretend there was a reason for your denial, and then repeated your initial position, ie Evul White Racism.

YOu demand proof, with the full intent of not accepting ANYTHING as proof.

YOur mind is completely closed. YOu are only pretending to be engaged in a debate here.

Nah that's not what I did. I showed that blacks were given less credit for scoring over 1300 than whites and penalized more for scoring under 1,200 than whites. that was shown and stated in the study.

The penalty for scoring less than 1200 on the SAT is significantly greater for African-American and Hispanic students than the penalty for white students who score less than 1200 (Model 2). Similarly, the reward (i.e., increased likelihood of admission) that is produced by scoring more than 1300 is significantly smaller for African-American and especially for Hispanic students than the reward for white students who score more than 1300.

This is from the firs page of the study:

Conclusions. Elite colleges and universities extend preferences to many types of students, yet affirmative action—the only preference given to underrepresented minority applicants—is the one surrounded by the most controversy.

Admission to elite colleges and universities in the United States is not now and never has been based solely on academic merit.

This alone kills your argument of anti white discrimination based on SAT scores because SAT scores are not the sole determinant of admissions. Secondly this study does not show any a wide spread nationwide anti white discrimination. I don't have to open my mind to your imagination. You can't prove this massive nationwide anti white discrimination exists. You don't want to debate, because the thread topic is not anti while discrimination. It is about how whites have benefited from laws and policies after slavery ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back