No One Voted to Destroy Social Security

Yes .. SocSec NEEDS to be "managed" and "touched"... It's only been 2 generations before it was robbed and failed.

Social Security is the largest holder of U.S. debt and draws interest on its loan to the government - just like China and other debt holders.
It's drawing interest from a government that is 20 trillion in debt? How the fuck is that a sound investment?

Yes .. SocSec NEEDS to be "managed" and "touched"... It's only been 2 generations before it was robbed and failed.

Social Security is the largest holder of U.S. debt and draws interest on its loan to the government - just like China and other debt holders.

See post #34. Those are not BONDS that were bought and paid when Congress STOLE the surplus. They are bookkeeping entries. INTRA governmental debt. There is nothing of VALUE in the "trust fund"... Here are the words AGAIN..

Neither the redemption of trust fund bonds, nor
interest paid on those bonds, provides any new net income to the Treasury, which must finance redemptions and interest payments through some combination of increased taxation, reductions in other government spending, or additional borrowing from the public.

The choice of action is to issue NEW DEBT -- that you and your grandchildren will be paying principle interest on because some former Congress stole the surplus. Not "increased taxation or reductions in other government spending". Like the SSA and CBO says above. That's the SECOND TIME you were robbed.

You should be familiar with the way the Feds robbed the Indian Trust Fund right chief? Robbed the Highway Trust Fund -- Right? You DO KNOW the Indian Nations got screwed by a Fed Trust Fund right?

So why do you think SS Trust Fund robbery is so funny?

See post #34. Those are not BONDS that were bought and paid when Congress STOLE the surplus. They are bookkeeping entries. INTRA governmental debt. There is nothing of VALUE in the "trust fund"... Here are the words AGAIN..

interest paid on those bonds, provides any new net income to the Treasury, which must finance redemptions and interest payments through some combination of increased taxation, reductions in other government spending, or additional borrowing from the public.

The choice of action is to issue NEW DEBT -- that you and your grandchildren will be paying principle interest on because some former Congress stole the surplus. Not "increased taxation or reductions in other government spending". Like the SSA and CBO says above. That's the SECOND TIME you were robbed.

You should be familiar with the way the Feds robbed the Indian Trust Fund right chief? Robbed the Highway Trust Fund -- Right? You DO KNOW the Indian Nations got screwed by a Fed Trust Fund right?

So why do you think it's so funny?

What is the "source" of your claims?

Hahaha Lakhota is on the i cant refute your point so ill just emoticon your post. I love this phase, its like blood in the water. He doesnt know dick about SS.
Cant even answer what percentage of benefits well get in 2035.

I GAVE YOU THE FUCKING SOURCE IN THE LINK.. Go back and find it. Right out of Page 12 of most EVERY SSAdmin annual report. It's in the "fine print". After all the 10 pages of happy BS fiction about the phony surplus accounting. Those words I'm putting in front of you mean -- there is NOTHING OF VALUE LEFT in the SS Trust Fund. Nothing but the whims of Congress and fucking MOUNTAINLOAD of existing debt.

Funny that 2 -- will ya??

If a registered company on the NY Stock Exchange pulled that Bullshit accounting trick in their yearly report, the entire Executive staff would be in jail..

I started getting my Social security statements some years back and was shocked to find out that if I waited 20, 30, 40, or however many years to retirement ( The Fed keeps pushing it back) I would get $200 dollars less a month than I would if I immediately started collecting. I'm no financial wizard but that is a shitty investment. No sane investor would risk their money for a diminished return.

Basically all this time I've been putting in like everyone else to pay for those already collecting. That sounds suspiciously like a Ponzi scheme and if thats the case, its the biggest one in the history of the financial world

I GAVE YOU THE FUCKING SOURCE IN THE LINK.. Go back and find it. Right out of Page 12 of most EVERY SSAdmin annual report. It's in the "fine print". After all the 10 pages of happy BS fiction about the phony surplus accounting. Those words I'm putting in front of you mean -- there is NOTHING OF VALUE LEFT in the SS Trust Fund. Nothing but the whims of Congress and fucking MOUNTAINLOAD of existing debt.

Funny that 2 -- will ya??

If a registered company on the NY Stock Exchange pulled that Bullshit accounting trick in their yearly report, the entire Executive staff would be in jail..

It's a fucking loan! Don't you get that? Government pays interest on the loan. Government pays interest to China and other holders of U.S. debt.

What interest rate do the trust funds' assets earn?

Conservatives: We should have an absolute bottom for people that completely fuck up their lives and have nothing in the end so they can get just enough to survive. But mostly people should keep their own earnings and do the best they can.

Liberals: We should take most of these peoples money so they can't do the best they can but in return we will give them the least amount possible to keep them alive. And then we will call it something you can't possibly live without.
I agree I have no problem with helping those who fall on hard times, shit happens. But generational welfare is bullshit.

Answer my question dipshot, I posted the SSA
What percent in 2035?
What should we do to fix it?

Lakhota knows I own him and avoids.me.....I tap dat ass!

The holder of that debt is not the government its the tax payers.

Are you really that fucking stupid?

The Real Owner of the U.S. Debt Will Surprise You

584c6f601200002f00eeea31.jpg

Not a single candidate in 2016 campaigned on a promise to repeal and replace Social Security or Medicare. Anyone who did would have been soundly defeated. Indeed, unlike the Republican opponents he beat, Donald Trump promised not to touch Social Security, Medicare, or Medicaid. But now that the Republicans will soon be in charge of all branches of government, destroying Social Security and Medicare is on the top of their agenda.

Two days after the election, Paul Ryan said, “With a unified Republican government, we can actually get things done.” One of those things is ending Medicare as we know it, as I and others have spotlighted. It turns out that Social Security is in the Republicans’ cross hairs, as well. This is not a surprise. Ending Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid is Republican-elite orthodoxy.

What is surprising is that the Republican establishment is so eager, it can’t wait to unveil its plans. In some ways, you can’t blame the Republican elites. They have been waiting a long time.

In the 1936 election campaign, repealing and replacing Social Security was the Republican battle cry. That year, the Republican presidential standard bearer, Alf Landon, claimed, “To get a workable old age pension plan we must repeal [Social Security].” What did he and his fellow Republicans want to replace it with? Instead of Social Security’s pension plan, which replaces wages so that people can retire with dignity and maintain their standard of living as they age, the Republicans proposed paying all seniors an identical subsistence-level amount.

Now, just before Congress left town, the powerful Chairman of the Social Security Subcommittee of the House Ways and Means Committee unveiled a proposal that would radically transform Social Security. It takes a long time to phase in, but when it does, what would Social Security provide? An essentially flat, subsistence level benefit, independent of how much a worker contributed, just as the 1936 Republican Party proposed.

Unlike 1936, when straightforward repeal was possible, because Social Security hadn’t yet begun, today it has been around for over eighty years. So, to get back to what the Republicans wanted then and now, you have to slash benefits – and the Republican plan does so with gusto.

Much More: No One Voted to Destroy Social Security

People of all ages should fight this - because it would affect ALL of us - young and old.

Making the rich richer....

You are

Still.ignorong.mh questions.he has no.answer

Lakhota im gonna ride that ass until you submit.

Ive destroyed Lakhota in his own thread yet again. I have him.a source and he cant refute.it......he knows his position is shit.

You are

The question here seems to be, who is the government? Is the govt not the tax payers? I mean, the govt gets its money from the tax payers, the tax payers are the board members who choose who the CEO (president and Congress) will be.

You are

The question here seems to be, who is the government? Is the govt not the tax payers? I mean, the govt gets its money from the tax payers, the tax payers are the board members who choose who the CEO (president and Congress) will be.
The business comparison doesn't fit. Any real company would fail almost immediately if they ran their business the way the government operates. and the Fed doesn't produce shit except for debt.

You are

Workers paid into Social Security during their working years - so they own the funds - not the government. Social Security holds about $2.8 trillion of U.S. debt.

You are

The business comparison doesn't fit. Any real company would fail almost immediately if they ran their business the way the government operates. and the Fed doesn't produce shit except for debt.

Well that's like saying that all businesses work in the same manner. The reality is that the govt has a leader who is elected, just like any other business that has shareholders.

You are

Workers paid into Social Security during their working years - so they own the funds - not the government. Social Security holds about $2.8 trillion of U.S. debt.

The point I was making is that the govt is supposedly run by the people. Who is above the President? Well, the voters. It's all one and the same.

Forum List

Back