"NO MORE BETRAYALS: Missouri GOP Sen Josh Hawley Just Set The Standard For Conservative Supreme Court Justices"...great piece by The Federalist!

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Ted Cruz should replace Ginsburg! or Coney Barrett!

Hawley is quoted as saying:

“I don’t want private assurances from candidates. I don’t want to hear about their personal views, one way or another. I’m not looking for forecasts about how they may vote in the future or predictions. I don’t want any of that. I want to see on the record, as part of their record, that they have acknowledged in some forum that Roe v. Wade, as a legal matter, is wrongly decided.”

Last edited:
  • Banned
critics will say Clarence Thomas would not have passed Hawley’s test. Thomas specifically stated during his hearing that he had not made up his mind about Roe v Wade, and dodged most other questions about abortion

yet several decades later and Thomas does not hesitate to speak his mind on matters of abortion

He is the most fervent pro-life justice on the bench and often the only one willing to challenge the constitutionality of Roe v Wade and Planned Parenthood v Casey directly

• Banned
“If you really like Donald Trump, that’s great, but if you don’t, you have to vote for me anyway. You know why? Supreme Court judges, Supreme Court judges. Have no choice, sorry, sorry, sorry. You have no choice.”

Trump at a rally in Iowa in 2016

• Banned

from the interview:

Trump emphasized the importance of judicial appointments and the Supreme Court as central to his appeal in 2020. “It’s maybe not the majority we thought it was,” Trump said, raising the court’s decisions on DACA and the census among other examples. “We’re just one justice away from losing the court, and the next four years, you get two, maybe three, maybe even four. You just need one, and then we lose the court and the country as we know it.”

“I don’t want private assurances from candidates. I don’t want to hear about their personal views, one way or another. I’m not looking for forecasts about how they may vote in the future or predictions. I don’t want any of that. I want to see on the record, as part of their record, that they have acknowledged in some forum that Roe v. Wade, as a legal matter, is wrongly decided.”
Ted Cruz would make and awesome SCJ

• Banned

even though he's younger than Kavanaugh and Gorsuch and Comey Barrett, Senator Cruz has a more impressive record

Why would we want to stack the court with people who would rule against the MAJORITY of Americans?
Do you think you know BEST for America or something?
Are the Federalists some kind of Elitist organization that will IMPOSE its "will" on the rest of us?
Freedom seems to mean NOTHING to you Federalists...

In other words we want someone who agrees with us 100% of the time. All 5 justices has supported Trump on nearly every issue. Sometimes they have resorted to legislating from the bench to do so. Yet that is not enough. Over 70% of Americans support Roe vs Wade. Yet Republicans act like Islamic fundamentalists by imposing their religious beliefs on everyone.

even though he's younger than Kavanaugh and Gorsuch and Comey Barrett, Senator Cruz has a more impressive record

Cruz is a piece of shit. I am embarassed to admit that I voted for Cruz in 2016. That was one of the biggest misjudgements that I have ever made politically. The only bigger one was on Sarah Palin.

IMHO Cruz should replace Thomas ASAP. Thomas should retire now to save his seat and give the dems the ultimate FU for the treatment he received.
If RBG can last the year out her seat gets determined after the election. If she bites the dust, Amy Coney Barrett can have her spot.

Cruz is a piece of shit. I am embarrassed to admit that I voted for Cruz in 2016. That was one of the biggest misjudgements that I have ever made politically. The only bigger one was on Sarah Palin.
Partisan bullshit, Ted is super smart and is actually qualified for the USSC.

Cruz is a piece of shit. I am embarrassed to admit that I voted for Cruz in 2016. That was one of the biggest misjudgements that I have ever made politically. The only bigger one was on Sarah Palin.
Partisan bullshit, Ted is super smart and is actually qualified for the USSC.

Bullshit. He is a far right wing extremist.

The Supreme Court will be lost for a generation if Biden loses, damning almost all progressive policy ideas. But no Democrats are talking about it.⁣

Forum List

Back