No interest in this Super Bowl...

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
I have the choice of supporting the Ravens with Ray "The Killer" Lewis and his thug brothers or the 49ers with Randy "I'm the Greatest" Moss. Who cares!

I doubt I will watch 5 minutes of the game.

There's always someone who claims that about every super bowl or big game.

I have the choice of supporting the Ravens with Ray "The Killer" Lewis and his thug brothers or the 49ers with Randy "I'm the Greatest" Moss. Who cares!

I live in Baltimore, which staged a big sendoff for the Ravens last Monday.
It will be an interesting game to watch, if for no other reason than that the head coaches of the two teams are brothers.

Baltimore Ravens Pep Rally at the Inner Harbor

Were all sitting on the edge of our seats wondering if you'll watch it or not....... :thup:

It will be an interesting game to watch, if for no other reason than that the head coaches of the two teams are brothers.

My two sons and I have gone on baseball trips seveal times. Baltimore was a surprise and number three on our most favorite cities/ball parks after Milwaukee and Philadelphia. Of course AT&T is the ultimate fan experience.

Since I'm a Niner fan going back to the era of Y.A. Title, Joe Perry, Hugh McEllhany and R.C Owens how about we make a little bet on the game?

Following the lead of Lieability and CrusaderFrank if the Niners lose I will leave the board for no less than 15 minutes; if the Ravens lose you must leave for 15 minutes.

Prediction:

Niners 34, Ravens 24

I do not give a crap about any pro sports.

Watch the Puppy Bowl instead.

Or there are usually some good movies on.

My two sons and I have gone on baseball trips seveal times. Baltimore was a surprise and number three on our most favorite cities/ball parks after Milwaukee and Philadelphia. Of course AT&T is the ultimate fan experience.

Since I'm a Niner fan going back to the era of Y.A. Title, Joe Perry, Hugh McEllhany and R.C Owens how about we make a little bet on the game?

Following the lead of Lieability and CrusaderFrank if the Niners lose I will leave the board for no less than 15 minutes; if the Ravens lose you must leave for 15 minutes.

Prediction:

Niners 34, Ravens 24

I think that the Ravens are going to prevail tomorrow, so I'll take you up on your wager. :)
FYI: officials in Baltimore and San Francisco have made some interesting wagers (see link below)

SF, Baltimore mayors make bets on Super Bowl | Bay City News | Local | San Francisco Examiner

GOOO **Niners** :D

desismileys_3781.gif

The only football team that I care to watch at all any are the Minnesota Vikings. :) :) :)

God bless you and them always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

My sympathy, you are the penultimate fan, only a Cub Fan has suffered more. My second favorite memory of the Vikes occurred at Kezar when Jim Marshall ran the wrong way.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eBrb00pdGw]Jim Marshall's Wrong Way Run in 1964 - YouTube[/ame]

Marshall was a great player; too bad this is what he is remembered for.

My favorite game was when the Niner's went to Minnesota in 1970 for the first playoff game and beat the favorite Vikes 17 -14, a game the Niners were supposed to lose coming from 'sunny California' into the "Ice Palace" to face the Purple People Eaters.

Watched the game at a bar in Tahoe City and after spent the afternoon on the slopes of Alpine Meadows. A very good day indeed.

I'm gonna' watch the game in the comfort of my own home while following along with my fellow USMB'ers on whatever thread gets started tomorrow!

I imagine it will come down to the final possession: 49'er Offense against the Ravens' Defense. Or at least I HOPE it ends that way.

I remember the last time Baltimore won the Super Bowl. Art Modell walked out on the field and then thanked the good people of Clevland for their support over the years. LOL.

Modell is by far the most hated man in Clevland, more so than Lebrone. It was like watchig salt being poured on a slug.

If only I could see it one more time......

Forum List

Back