No Guns, No Shootings

There is about one gun per person in the United States, and the police legitimately need to be able to wield more force than the citizens they are policing. In America there are lots of guns, so the cops need lots of guns. Consequently, people get shot.

The big reason British cops don't shoot civilians is that cops in the United Kingdom don't have guns. If a special situation requiring firearms arises, the call is put out for a specially trained firearms unit. But an unarmed teenager shoplifting blunts doesn't make the cut, so unarmed teens don't get shot by British cops.

Obvious difference between the United States and countries with drastically lower rates of police killing and nobody is talking about it. That's very unlikely to change any time soon. But it ought to.

Hey jackass, Mike Brown didn't get shot because he robbed a store unarmed. He got shot while assaulting an officer and tried to steal his gun away from him.

If you're going to try to have an honest debate, you might not want to start off with a blatant lie.
Based on post history the OP is not capable of honest debate

PGreen,
Sorry, but the way this thread is turning out, you should relabel it, "Paranoids on Parade". I think that the NRA spotted it, and it went viral.

PGreen,
Sorry, but the way this thread is turning out, you should relabel it, "Paranoids on Parade". I think that the NRA spotted it, and it went viral.
I don't know about the NRA spotting it as it's doubtful such assinine thought would hit their radar. But you can run with it
Most likely what occurred was posters picked up quick on the fact the OP was short on facts, and quick on easily disproved talking points and decided to make a a mockery out of such a poorly thought out thread topic

Well, time to strap on the Colt. I am off to the grocery store, and I want to be prepared if the cops decide to take me out while I am picking up milk from the dairy section. They have been watching me through these smoke colored glass bubbles in the ceiling. They may think that I haven't noticed, but I know what they are up to....

Well, time to strap on the Colt. I am off to the grocery store, and I want to be prepared if the cops decide to take me out while I am picking up milk from the dairy section. They have been watching me through these smoke colored glass bubbles in the ceiling. They may think that I haven't noticed, but I know what they are up to....
Does not seem like something I would worry about, but fearing LEO has never been a concern for me. I guess it's different for those involved in criminal activity.
I wish you well and feel all law abiding folks should be free to carry as I am

They told me you were up to no good around the butter.

The numbers I have a problem with...the anti gunners always say our murder rate is one of the highest in the industrial world....but that number 8-9,000 lacks context, other than when they compare us to different societies.....

For actual context...

8-9,000 gun murders each year....

Number of people now living in America....310 million....

310 million guns in America....(May be higher)

1.6 million times a year guns are used to save lives and stop violent criminal attack....

number of gun owners....may be around 40 million....

So in the actual context of our country...8-9,000 murders, though tragic, is not even a blip on our radar...sad but true....

And compared to 1.6 million lives saved and violent criminal attacks stopped....8-9,000 gun murders are really insignificant in the overall picture of gun ownership in the U.S....

People like you make is less likely that more gun control will pass into law.
Please, do keep up the good work.

Count on it M14! Frankly, it is fun pushing your button!

~300,000,000 guns in the US
8855 gun related murders in the US (2012)
For every gun is used in a murder, 33878 are not.
99.99705% of the guns int he US are NOT used to commit murder.
99.99785% of the guns in Canada are NOT used to commit murder
Clearly, the US has a gun problem.
/thread

Count on it M14! Frankly, it is fun pushing your button!
:lol:
By illustrating that you can only argre from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty, you think you're pushing my button?
:lol:

There is about one gun per person in the United States, and the police legitimately need to be able to wield more force than the citizens they are policing. In America there are lots of guns, so the cops need lots of guns. Consequently, people get shot.

The big reason British cops don't shoot civilians is that cops in the United Kingdom don't have guns. If a special situation requiring firearms arises, the call is put out for a specially trained firearms unit. But an unarmed teenager shoplifting blunts doesn't make the cut, so unarmed teens don't get shot by British cops.

Obvious difference between the United States and countries with drastically lower rates of police killing and nobody is talking about it. That's very unlikely to change any time soon. But it ought to.
Why does the police need to be armed better than the citizen militia?
Fuck the British they had their ass handed to them twice by American gun owners.
Fuck other country's you like them go live there.

Well someone was killed the other day with a hammer. You going to take those away too? and then move on to POINTY STICKS, bats, lead pipes, cars, etc

Hey, you never can tell. If it is raw milk you want to buy, you just might want to be prepared. The government thinks it has a right to tell you what you can and cannot drink.

Why does the police need to be armed better than the citizen militia?
Because some people believe the state should have a monopoly on force.
Some people think tyranny is a myth.:ack-1::lmao:

do you know why?...Because there is a defect in a lefties brain....it causes them to believe that history starts when they wake up in the morning, and resets when they go to sleep at night...and all those "stories" in history books...are just stories....

Forum List

Back