No Country for Old Age

The crash at the end was crazy. The walls in the theater shook. Iā€™ve seen it too many times. One of the most interesting movies Iā€™ve ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 55 year old senior citizen can get a free soft drink at "Country Cookin" on wednesdays. Who sez they have no respect for senior citizens?
Yeah. The free drink goes with bought cholesterol=sat fat-corn semen and the hope they die so the idiots "serving" can move up to a real job for %40 of the old timers wage(or less).
That's good.
Sat fat-corn semen and the hope that they die....translates to "that's good"? WTF?

A 55 year old senior citizen can get a free soft drink at "Country Cookin" on wednesdays. Who sez they have no respect for senior citizens?
Yeah. The free drink goes with bought cholesterol=sat fat-corn semen and the hope they die so the idiots "serving" can move up to a real job for %40 of the old timers wage(or less).
That's good.
Sat fat-corn semen and the hope that they die....translates to "that's good"? WTF?
The words...are poetic and true.
It describes a slovenly, fat boomer who has lived a life of excess and privilege, served by those who should be benefiting from what the boomer generation could have grown and nurtured...yet other Gens loath and despise the boomers for their greed and perpetual arrested development.

Why do you think our society doesn't respect age?

Jmho Unkotare, we have a serious words/actions disconnect

Seriously, i spent 3 decades in a career turning old folks in soylent green

I know how the 'system' rolls , i was the eyes/ears for all that are prey on seniors

~S~

"Prey on" how exactly? And in what way does that reflect a cultural norm?

In that the graying of America is big biz Unkotare.

If you're a senior , we'll elevate a HC problem for you to play yo-yo with multiple doctors ,most of which will keep you in prognosis limbo....to which our lovely pharamacabal will focus on addicting you to a multitude of drugs for (sometimes w/out said docs conferring )

If you're unfortunate to assume a debilitating disease ,either physical or mental, the specter of managed care will loom over your existence , usually benign at first, but one needs realize all these entities assess and report to higher HC & by proxy legal authority.

The turning point being one deemed a hazard to self ,via physical or mental deterioration. This is where one looses all one's freedoms , as well as any of one's worldly possessions to pay for one's demise

Think of it this way, you're old, no longer fit or with it, and told (not asked) where and how you'll spend your last days

~S~

That's good.
It describes a slovenly, fat boomer who has lived a life of excess and privilege, served by those who should be benefiting from what the boomer generation could have grown and nurtured...yet other Gens loath and despise the boomers for their greed and perpetual arrested development.
Thatā€™s ignorant.

That's good.
Thatā€™s ignorant.

said the boomer

Why did I think of this guy when I read the title? :laughing0301:

tumblr_m7ohgzEsPo1rvn6njo1_500.gif
Great movie. I love that last scene where Tommy Lee Jones is sitting with his wife at the breakfast table, losing it.
That movie didnā€™t make any sense whatsoever. People pretend to get it, but in reality thereā€™s nothing to get about that movie.

Who's to blame for not preserving cultural traditions I wonder? :1041:
Yeap...I don't know why he is crying in his Metamucil. His generation PROPERLY fucked the rest of us.
Good Grief! IS there a generation that HASN'T said that? It's part of the..it's-not-my-fault whimper. Pussy!

Boomers participated in or stood by idly and let radical feminism and mass immigration chart the course for America. Nobody is more afflicted with white guilt syndrome than boomers. Even the supposedly conservative ones.

Yeap...I don't know why he is crying in his Metamucil. His generation PROPERLY fucked the rest of us.
Good Grief! IS there a generation that HASN'T said that? It's part of the..it's-not-my-fault whimper. Pussy!
NO generation in the history of mankind has squandered and stolen more than the boomers.
I'm a pre-boomer, way way pre.

The crash at the end was crazy. The walls in the theater shook. Iā€™ve seen it too many times. One of the most interesting movies Iā€™ve ever seen.

What exactly was interesting about it?

Wow. Everyone likes the movie but you. It was interesting because of the details of the characters, and left you thinking about them after the movie. It also finished, without knowing how it works out, which left you thinking about it. If you want a happy ending, try Disney or the Hallmark channel. I usually binge watch Shameless, then flip over to Hallmark for some hope that the world is great, and everything works out for the best. But thatā€™s just me.

[/QUOTE]

Wow. Everyone likes the movie but you. It was interesting because of the details of the characters, and left you thinking about them after the movie. It also finished, without knowing how it works out, which left you thinking about it. If you want a happy ending, try Disney or the Hallmark channel. I usually binge watch Shameless, then flip over to Hallmark for some hope that the world is great, and everything works out for the best. But thatā€™s just me.

I just think there was no point to the movie. People act thereā€™s a thematic metaphor represented by the movie. I thought the characters werenā€™t very layered on complex characters. I just didnā€™t find it interesting, but if you did more power to you.

I just think there was no point to the movie. People act thereā€™s a thematic metaphor represented by the movie. I thought the characters werenā€™t very layered on complex characters. I just didnā€™t find it interesting, but if you did more power to you.
Everyone is wired differently- beauty is in the eye of the beholder- one man's trash is another man's treasure.

NO generation in the history of mankind has squandered and stolen more than the boomers.
Could it be because there was no more to squander and steal? Every generation has experienced "more" than the last generation- it's called progress. BTW, in my formative and non-awareness years, we were led to believe the gov't was to be trusted- by the generation that preceded ours- at worst our mistake was being naive. I have apologized many times for that naivete and decided the best thing to do was leave my space a little better than I found it- what are you doing to help? Being publicly bitter accomplishes nothing positive and can lead to health issues-
The key to fixing a problem, perceived or real, is to find the cause (root) of the problem and work from there. When you point a finger 3 are pointing back- back being key. Had the generation(s) of politicians who blatantly abused the trust of citizens been honorable we wouldn't be having any of these political discussions. So, Mr Historian, where do you assign the time line of creating the havoc that has led to the chaos? Choose one, there are many. Focus on that and move forward vs attacking people you happen to disagree with. Everyone is wired different. Accept that undeniable reality and life becomes a lot more enjoyable.

Forum List

Back