No Americans want those jobs is a myth

Because certain industries have been overrun with illegals for so many decades the wages in those industries have been suppressed. Employers have had no incentive over the years to raise those wages precisely because they have an endless supply of fools from South of the border to work for those wages.

Americans would do those jobs but they can't compete with the asinine wages illegals are willing to work for. Businesses demand more green card workers because they know they can keep wages suppressed.

We DO NEED strict enforcement of laws concerning employment status to protect what should be American jobs. All the politicians that claim to care about the border yet do nothing to enforce existing hiring practices are just as much part of the problem as the ones who strive for open borders.

As an example is the price illegals will install hard surfaces for here in KC. My base price is 10.00 per square foot and us only lowered for large quantity jobs. The Mexicans around here do the same work for 3.00 per square foot.
How is any American expected to compete with that?

Yep. Everyone knows this. Some people just like to lie.

Yep, Bill Gates knows the dude cleaning the shitters at Microsoft and E-verify works when fraudulent documentation is provided.
The whole point is that e-verify checks the documentations authenticity, so fraudulent documents gets caught.

E-Verify works by electronically comparing the information from an employee's Form I 9 with records available to SSA and/or DHS to verify the identity and employment eligibility of each newly hired employee and/or employee assigned to a covered federal contract.

Notice of a mismatch in your SSA or DHS records does not necessarily mean that you do not have work authorized status.

I have to go with seawytch. As even Donald Trump hired illegals to work at Mar-a-lago. And he got away with it.
when did he do that?
For at least a decade before running for president, and at least two months while he was president.
Do you have some evidence that he knowingly hired illegal aliens? When he was President he wasn't even running his former business...so not sure how he could have then.

That's the problem with a min wage...instead of allowing a buisiness and employee to determine their own value for the labor
The problem with purely supply and demand is look at Texas during the cold snap. They charged some people $9,000 for electricity, because that was the value they determined.
well actually that was reflective of the cost they had to pay to get electric from the Feds...Xiden's Admin required them to do that before they would allow them to waive enviromental regs so they could produce more of their own https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/f...202(c) Emergency Order - ERCOT 02.14.2021.pdf

But labor is also much different then a utilty ...we have allowed, via the Govt, to allow unitilies to become a public monopoly...so supply and demand doesn't work the same way as it does with labor and other markets

Of course the flip side of this is that the cheap food vegetables you buy for your family will cost much more if we paid people more to pick, pack, and ship the food.
That is what they want.
People want to pay more of food? Really? Who?
Why everyone.
well I am part of "everyone" and I certainly don't want to pay more for my groceries....I can think of a number of people I know as well...so...your claim as been debunked.
You are going to whether you want to or not.

well now you are moving goal post...if I have to, I have to...but that doesn't mean I want to.

Moreover, if something is too expensive...I simply won't buy it. I'll buy something else, that's cheaper
prices always increase they never deflate to a price from forty ears ago.
because of inflation...not because of a fake price set....two different things.

Do you have some evidence that he knowingly hired illegal aliens? When he was President he wasn't even running his former business...so not sure how he could have then.

Trump hired people at below market cost. He did it to demolish the hotel so he could build Trump Tower, hiring illegal Polish workers. And he did the same at mar-a-lago.

You don't "accidently" hire illegals.

Because certain industries have been overrun with illegals for so many decades the wages in those industries have been suppressed. Employers have had no incentive over the years to raise those wages precisely because they have an endless supply of fools from South of the border to work for those wages.

Americans would do those jobs but they can't compete with the asinine wages illegals are willing to work for. Businesses demand more green card workers because they know they can keep wages suppressed.

We DO NEED strict enforcement of laws concerning employment status to protect what should be American jobs. All the politicians that claim to care about the border yet do nothing to enforce existing hiring practices are just as much part of the problem as the ones who strive for open borders.

As an example is the price illegals will install hard surfaces for here in KC. My base price is 10.00 per square foot and us only lowered for large quantity jobs. The Mexicans around here do the same work for 3.00 per square foot.
what the fact is, is americans don't want those jobs at those salaries. that's the only story. giving that money to illegals is illegal. and our government supports it. shameful and traitorous.

Of course the flip side of this is that the cheap food vegetables you buy for your family will cost much more if we paid people more to pick, pack, and ship the food.
That is what they want.
Why everyone.
well I am part of "everyone" and I certainly don't want to pay more for my groceries....I can think of a number of people I know as well...so...your claim as been debunked.

well now you are moving goal post...if I have to, I have to...but that doesn't mean I want to.

Moreover, if something is too expensive...I simply won't buy it. I'll buy something else, that's cheaper
There are lawsuits all the time over price fixing.

Where I live the ag industry is large...in particular poultry....the companies have a had time keeping people...they offer very good wages for the area, and a signing bonus...well an incentative...$3K if you stay three months.

Often immigrates, I assume legal, from all over the world work there. It's not the best job, and hard work...but it's a job, and good pay for the area.

A lot of locals don't take the job, largely due to the fact they can't either pass a drug test, or get on Social Security due to having some sort of PTSD, or issues with standing....seriously, I met a 25 year old on it, because he had issues standing...granted he didnt have an issue standing in front of me...or walking around...

One of the major things we need to do is address entitlement programs, which are the leading drivers of our national debt...in particular SSI...
My eldest son gets paid to sit on his ass, he's a truck driver.
he wouldn't do it for less money, would he?

They charged some people $9,000 for electricity, because that was the value they determined.
well actually that was reflective of the cost they had to pay to get electric from the Feds...Xiden's Admin required them to do that before they would allow them to waive enviromental regs so they could produce more of their own https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2021/02/f82/DOE 202(c) Emergency Order - ERCOT 02.14.2021.pdf

Why post bullshit? The Biden administration said they were waiving environmental regulations starting the same day Texas applied for a waiver. Second that has nothing to do with the cost that Texas charged it's customers, because the Texas electric grid purposefully did not attach to the western power grid, in order to avoid regulation by the FERC under the interstate commerce clause.

So what Texas charged people was purely the work of ERCOT

Yeah? How many non immigrants you ever see working fiields? How many you see cleaning hotel rooms? Immigrants do the jobs Americans won't.
bull shit, illegals do the jobs at the wages they offer over americans. much different equation son. it's illegal. plenty of americans would do the job at a higher rate, please, you embarrass yourself.

Trump hired people at below market cost. He did it to demolish the hotel so he could build Trump Tower, hiring illegal Polish workers. And he did the same at mar-a-lago.

You don't "accidently" hire illegals.
I think they found he used immigrants not illegals. I know, you don't know the difference.

I have to go with seawytch. As even Donald Trump hired illegals to work at Mar-a-lago. And he got away with it.
Trump has 22,000 employees, he doesn’t know who he employs.
Every CEO knows who he employees, as he sets the guidelines for checking up on the hires. If the CEO says they have to e-verify their employees, then their employees are e-verified.

He sets the standards that human relations follows.
Cool, but not every state requires that...so if the business has a number of different locations around the country...it's not always necessary...moreover, some businesses...such as real estate development...actually contracts sub-contractors and so on...so there is far less direct oversight like that.

Additionally..e-verify hardly is full proof...illegals get hired all the time with it, why? Because they get forged documents.

They charged some people $9,000 for electricity, because that was the value they determined.
well actually that was reflective of the cost they had to pay to get electric from the Feds...Xiden's Admin required them to do that before they would allow them to waive enviromental regs so they could produce more of their own https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2021/02/f82/DOE 202(c) Emergency Order - ERCOT 02.14.2021.pdf

Why post bullshit? The Biden administration said they were waiving environmental regulations starting the same day Texas applied for a waiver. Second that has nothing to do with the cost that Texas charged it's customers, because the Texas electric grid purposefully did not attach to the western power grid, in order to avoid regulation by the FERC under the interstate commerce clause.

So what Texas charged people was purely the work of ERCOT
I didn't post BS...I literally posted the Order....read the order...they first had to use all other resources, including buying from other sources...the other source would be the DOE.

The Texas grid was attached to the national power grid...that's why they were able to purchase additional power from the DOE...er the FERC....all they did was manage it themselves, instead of being managed by the FERC

That is what they want.
Why everyone.

There are lawsuits all the time over price fixing.
sure,....not sure what your point is or how it related to my post or the conversation

I thought you were in favour of "free market policies". This is the essence of the free market. The people in power are using illegals to keep your wages suppressed. Yet you don't support jailing the employers?

I thought you were in favour of "free market policies". This is the essence of the free market. The people in power are using illegals to keep your wages suppressed. Yet you don't support jailing the employers?
this isnt free market,, its cronyism,,

Yeah? How many non immigrants you ever see working fiields? How many you see cleaning hotel rooms? Immigrants do the jobs Americans won't.
Another uniformed comment. Hotels need to show compliance. Quarterly, they need to match their payroll reports with the 1-9 reports. THEY MUST match or they are out of compliance and subject to an unannounced field audit.
For you to claim that "Conseula" is an undocumented immigrant cleaning hotel rooms is an outright uninformed lie

Trump has 22,000 employees, he doesn’t know who he employs. He has barely legal beaners here on stolen citizenships who work for him, they do the hiring, they hire their illegal cockroach cousins without Trump knowing.
It's easier for the employer just to play dumb.
in other words, you were never an employer.
Thats OK...not everyone is.
But those that are are well aware of compliance as an employer....and the un announced field audits.

Playing dumb does not fly.

You need to do some research before you debate this topic.

Another uniformed comment. Hotels need to show compliance. Quarterly, they need to match their payroll reports with the 1-9 reports. THEY MUST match or they are out of compliance and subject to an unannounced field audit.
For you to claim that "Conseula" is an undocumented immigrant cleaning hotel rooms is an outright uninformed lie

Trump has 22,000 employees, he doesn’t know who he employs. He has barely legal beaners here on stolen citizenships who work for him, they do the hiring, they hire their illegal cockroach cousins without Trump knowing.
It's easier for the employer just to play dumb.
in other words, you were never an employer.
Thats OK...not everyone is.
But those that are are well aware of compliance as an employer....and the un announced field audits.

Playing dumb does not fly.

You need to do some research before you debate this topic.
It must work because they get off scot free.

Forum List

Back