No American state has the right to secede no matter how many petitioners sign.

William T Sherman’s vilified march though Georgia & subsequent follow on march north though the Carolinas has been the subject of much of the Southern lore against Sherman.
Specifically:

Sherman's key strategy was to march in numerous columns so as to confuse the South as to his next objective forcing the Confederates to burn all their arsenals with numerous disastrous results such as Columbus, S. Carolina as well as many other incidents where Sherman’s troops were hundreds of miles away, but all these are blamed on Sherman to this very day.

Best Regards

Lobato1

Burnin' Billy...may he rot in hell.
BurninBillyTarget_zpsc611681c.jpg

An American hero

Last edited:
I thought Democrats were pro-choice.

If that choice is to kill a baby, choice rules.

It's our state...we own the land, we live here.

If our CHOICE is to break our ties with the union, shouldn't you be PRO-CHOICE.

Why would you want to keep a state against the will of it's citizens?

And how do you think the rest of the country would feel if Texas decided to go it alone, and forego all those federal tax benefits, leaving much more for the rest? By the way, you don't own all of it. The Federal Government (i.e., we the people) owns a sizable chunk.

In point of fact, in 1866 Texas renounced their right to secede...

...an Ordinance adopted by a former Convention of the people of Texas on the 1st day of February, A.D. 1861, entitled "An Ordinance to Dissolve the Union between the State of Texas and the other States, united under the compact styled 'Constitution of the United States of America,'" be and the same is hereby declared null and void; and the right heretofore claimed by the State of Texas to secede from the Union, is hereby distinctly renounced. Passed 15th March, 1866.

Couldn't we reinstate it long enough fro braid-dead Perry to make his X on the dotted line?

And then, allow the rest of backward blue states to follow Texasss over the cliff.

...an Ordinance adopted by a former Convention of the people of Texas on the 1st day of February, A.D. 1861, entitled "An Ordinance to Dissolve the Union between the State of Texas and the other States, united under the compact styled 'Constitution of the United States of America,'" be and the same is hereby declared null and void; and the right heretofore claimed by the State of Texas to secede from the Union, is hereby distinctly renounced. Passed 15th March, 1866.
Couldn't we reinstate it long enough fro braid-dead Perry to make his X on the dotted line?

And then, allow the rest of backward blue states to follow Texasss over the cliff.

That "renunciation" would be an act passed by the legislature that was imposed upon the state by occupying forces following the war and not by any group elected from among the populace. Nice try though.

Anyone who "asks" for permission to secede is not ready to take the step that must be taken and just doing it...or hell fighting a war to make it happen. They are just blowing off steam.

I thought Democrats were pro-choice.

If that choice is to kill a baby, choice rules.

It's our state...we own the land, we live here.

If our CHOICE is to break our ties with the union, shouldn't you be PRO-CHOICE.

Why would you want to keep a state against the will of it's citizens?

And how do you think the rest of the country would feel if Texas decided to go it alone, and forego all those federal tax benefits, leaving much more for the rest? By the way, you don't own all of it. The Federal Government (i.e., we the people) owns a sizable chunk.

Relieved.

But we’re stuck with Texas, for better or worse.

Fortunately, in time, the state will come to its collective senses, and be part of a civil, enlightened, sophisticated Nation.

If I am join an organization and later decide to leave. I'll say F you to them and leave. I don't care what the organizations rules are, I'm out. If Texas or any other state decides to succeed it should be similar. However, I don't see this happening. It's really a moot at the present. I know our country has its problems, but it will have to really be falling apart before any state would actually try to succeed.

If there is no right to secession, West Virginia is not a state.

Nor are Kentucky and Tennessee, for all that matter.

If I am join an organization and later decide to leave. I'll say F you to them and leave. I don't care what the organizations rules are, I'm out. If Texas or any other state decides to succeed it should be similar. However, I don't see this happening. It's really a moot at the present. I know our country has its problems, but it will have to really be falling apart before any state would actually try to succeed.

It's more like trying to get out of a commercial lease after you have trashed the property.

If that were true we would still be British.

From 1835 to 1845 when Texas was finally & mercifully accepted:

Into the federation of “Indissoluble Federation of States.” .
As I wrote before, ENJOY:

Let’s remember that the original Thirteen Colonies confederated themselves on with a constitution with what was known as: “Articles of Confederation & Perpetual Union,” this was an agreement among these 13 founding states that established the United States of America as a confederation of sovereign states & served as it's first constitution of 1781.

However, it was the South fearing being abandoned by the North & headed by the Virginians George Washington & Thomas Jefferson that insisted on a federation carried the day of an “Indissoluble Federation of States.” in 1788.

Consequently all “Territories Purchased” by these original Thirteen Colonies & their emigrants (&/or natives) that were given the privilege of emigrating into those territories that then became federated states have no right to secede. Including my state of Texas that knew she was asking to join an “Indissoluble Federation of States,” from day one in 1835 to 1845 when Texas was finally "Admitted".
Best Regards

Lobato1

At times I wonder if the guy has problems with the sauce, how else to explain so many outright moronic blunders every time he opens his mouth?

People do mistakes such as misspeaking about 55 states & even perhaps not know Africa is a continent but Perry has those Oops! moments 24/7.

Just like in those debates that he was so enraged about the department he was going to axe the moment he was elected Prez, then didn’t remember the department most recently he was campaigning in Louisiana (actually a guest speaker) & the guy repeatedly kept saying Florida until someone shouted, “You’re in Louisiana”. My Reference: Florida Louisiana confused shouted ?You?re in Louisiana? "Rick Perry" - Yahoo! Search Results

& only a couple of months ago he formed part of an enraged GOP “Benghazi” witch hunt & Perry’s enraged remarks were of the shameful Benghazi events in “LEBANON” . My Reference: confused Benghazi Libya for Lebanon "Rick Perry" - Yahoo! Search Results

& the guy just keeps on going….

The gift that keeps on giving

Sad.

Best Regards

Lobato1

Couldn't we reinstate it long enough fro "braid-dead Perry" to make his X on the dotted line?

News of the death of Perry's braid have been greatly exaggerated, sir.

Fortunately, in time, the state will come to its collective senses, and be part of a civil, enlightened, sophisticated Nation.
We will be, just as soon as we get shut of you all.
You need to come to your senses, sir. We are not without friends in a number of states who will likely join us and leave you. Whatever will you do without oil after Obama gives all the oil in the Gulf of Mexico to Communist countries and all of Alaska's Bering Straight oil-rich waters to Russia, while he is pretending to snub Vladamir Putin? I haven't forgotten how eager he was to give away those properties in his first administration.

Think hard about what you are desiring, sir. We lost thousands of our boys in World War II, the Korean War, Viet Nam, Afghanistan, and Iraq defending freedom.

I'm sorry you think so little of us. The most highly decorated man in the European Theater in WWII was a Texan by the name of Audie Murphy. I realize you may have never heard of him, but his valor is credited with turning the war against Mussolini, because he just wouldn't quit and rallied American troops to do miraculous things. There are many other brave Texans who lost life and limb for this nation, suffered heatstroke out in the sun growing crops to be sent to American mills for cloth manufacture and food to the nation when other states' crops failed.

We've been there for this nation, and not one of our dear people who sacrificed themselves for America deserves your hateful spew.

We will be, just as soon as we get shut of you all.
You need to come to your senses, sir. We are not without friends in a number of states who will likely join us and leave you. Whatever will you do without oil after Obama gives all the oil in the Gulf of Mexico to Communist countries and all of Alaska's Bering Straight oil-rich waters to Russia, while he is pretending to snub Vladamir Putin? I haven't forgotten how eager he was to give away those properties in his first administration.

Think hard about what you are desiring, sir. We lost thousands of our boys in World War II, the Korean War, Viet Nam, Afghanistan, and Iraq defending freedom.

I'm sorry you think so little of us. The most highly decorated man in the European Theater in WWII was a Texan by the name of Audie Murphy. I realize you may have never heard of him, but his valor is credited with turning the war against Mussolini, because he just wouldn't quit and rallied American troops to do miraculous things. There are many other brave Texans who lost life and limb for this nation, suffered heatstroke out in the sun growing crops to be sent to American mills for cloth manufacture and food to the nation when other states' crops failed.

We've been there for this nation, and not one of our dear people who sacrificed themselves for America deserves your hateful spew.

As in the same post you have lauded the succession movement led by Texas and boasted of the patriotism of Texas in the common American endeavor, I am forced to ask, "Which is it?" You cannot have it both ways: loyal American or Texas separatist?

If there is no right to secession, West Virginia is not a state.

Nor are Kentucky and Tennessee, for all that matter.

Secession is only possible via two routes:

1. Agreed upon secession, where the seceeders and the original organization agree upon the secessoion.

2. By force of arms, and eventual treaty.

Forum List

Back