Nikki will likely win New Hampshire thanks to Democrats

Here's how I define good...

Did my pay increase?
How often did I find myself unemployed when that guy was in charge?

By that reasoning, Obama was the best president, I wasn't unemployed one day he was in office.
Honorable people do put importance on their personal experience but also on the effect on the country as a whole.

Obama raised my taxes.

Obama destroyed my insurance and lost me my very much appreciated personal physician as he did my husband and also my husband's oncologist as well as greatly increased our medical costs.

Obama forced many many of my friends and neighbors into part time jobs offering few if any benefits. More than 90% of jobs created under Obama were part time or temporary jobs mostly due to his insane Obamacare regulations.

Obama's sluggish flat economy caused us to decide trying to run our once profitable business just wasn't worth it any more and we closed it and retired. Our experience was legion under Obama.

Obama, for the first time in our nation's history, lost us our stellar AAA credit rating.

Conversely Trump cut almost everybody's taxes, produced an economy in which people in ALL demographics could find good paying permanent jobs with benefits, family wealth/buying power increased by thousands of dollars, our AAA credit rating was restored, U.S. companies were bringing jobs back to America instead of off shoring them, we had the most secure border we have had in a very long time, and we had the closest thing to world peace any of us have ever experienced.

Don't bother to post one of your phony graphs created by TDS afflicted partisan liars. I lived all those 12 years as well as the last 3+ under Biden. I'll be voting Trump with a clear conscience as clearly better for me and mine and also everybody else except the most dishonest.

Last edited:
According to a text I got this morning, 'analyst' Dick Morris predicts Nikki Haley will win New Hampshire that allows Independents to vote in any primary. Democrats are so eager to see Trump lose they are signing up by the hundreds as Independents so that they can vote for Nikki and will likely push her over the top. But, of course, once that mission is accomplished, they have zero intention of voting for her in the general election and will go right back to being Democrats.

We could discuss whether that will be important. Or the ethics of it. Lots of different ways to look at it.
New Hampshire has always been a maverick.

New Hampshire has always been a maverick.
I remember one election cycle many years ago when Pat Robertson, the TV evangelist was running on the GOP ticket and Jesse Jackson, political activist was running as a Democrat. Both took early leads in their respective parties in both Iowa and New Hampshire.

My husband and I were watching this with horror and mused to each other as to what in the hell do we do if those two were the nominees. :)

Nikki is probably a really decent person not all that much different than most Americans. But she is ambitious and she is a professional politician first and foremost which means she is likely to do whatever she thinks she has to do to win. Which makes it difficult to fully trust where she is or how she might follow through on issues that matter.

Trump was equally an unknown in 2016 but we took a chance on his vision for America that Patriots/most Republicans/conservatives/libertarians (little L) shared. He did not disappoint. Promises made. Promises kept as much as anyone could expect in three years. (He lost much of the last year of his term to COVID.)

So that's why more people trust Trump than trust Nikki at this time.
That's all good. Trump is probably the best chance of no world war with Russia and/or China

That's un-American but he's got most people still fooled on that.

Honorable people do put importance on their personal experience but also on the effect on the country as a whole.
Okay.
Bush fucked the country up.
Obama fixed it.
Trump fucked it up again
Biden fixed it.

Obama raised my taxes.
Okay, all he did was allow the Bush Tax giveaways to expire, but whatever.

Obama destroyed my insurance and lost me my very much appreciated personal physician as he did my husband and also my husband's oncologist as well as greatly increased our medical costs.

Really, and how did he do that, exactly? It seems to me that only Republicans ever seem to have these horror stories about how their insurance was ruined by Obamacare.

My own experience was that before Obama, the HR Cow would have a meeting every year telling us how our insurance was going to cost more and cover less this year. (one time this cow actually chortled, "I'm so glad I am on my husband's insurance!")

We stopped having those meetings after ACA put a lock down on what insurance companies could pull.

Obama forced many many of my friends and neighbors into part time jobs offering few if any benefits. More than 90% of jobs created under Obama were part time or temporary jobs mostly due to his insane Obamacare regulations.

Obama's sluggish flat economy caused us to decide trying to run our once profitable business just wasn't worth it any more and we closed it and retired. Our experience was legion under Obama.

So it's Obama's fault your business was run badly?

You seem to have a dim memory of what Obama inherited, which was 10% unemployment, a crashed stock market, underwater mortgages and an auto-industry about to go tits up.

Obama, for the first time in our nation's history, lost us our stellar AAA credit rating.
You can thank Ryan and Boehner for playing budget chicken for that.

Now, part 2, where you delude yourself into thinking the Trump Hellscape was good for the country.

Conversely Trump cut almost everybody's taxes,
And ran up 8 TRILLION in new debt.
produced an economy in which people in ALL demographics could find good paying permanent jobs with benefits,
Again, until we got the highest unemployment since the Great Depression.
family wealth/buying power increased by thousands of dollars,
Well, until he wrecked the economy with Covid, anyway.

U.S. companies were bringing jobs back to America instead of off shoring them,
No, they weren't. I can't believe you buy the hype. Carrier ended up moving all those jobs to Mexico anyway.

But there is one fairly good barometer in the data kept by the U.S. Department of Labor on applications for Trade Adjustment Assistance, the federal aid program for workers dislocated by the effects of trade. Those petitions importantly can be filed by workers and local government officials as well as firms. They are all investigated and certified by the Labor Department, which tries to establish to which country the jobs are heading.

1705358454052.png

Oh, this chart was from Trump's own labor department. I guess the Deep State was out to get this guy!

we had the most secure border we have had in a very long time,
No, we didn't. there were more border corssing under Trump than Obama.

and we had the closest thing to world peace any of us have ever experienced.
Funny, I remember people throwing their children into sewers because they thought a North Korean Missile was going to hit Hawaii. I also remember Trump almost getting us into a war with Iran by murdering one of their officials.

That's all good. Trump is probably the best chance of no world war with Russia and/or China

That's un-American but he's got most people still fooled on that.
No. He is anti endless pointless self serving war. All honorable people should support him in that.

No. He is anti endless pointless self serving war. All honorable people should support him in that.
Still, any American opposing their country's wars would be an un-american anomaly.

And don't forget Trump's criminal action that killed Sulemeini. If he tries to pull another stunt like that, he'll have us into nuclear war.

still, he's better than Biden and the Haley hawk.

Trump is probably the best chance of no world war with Russia and/or China
Because he works for Putin and will roll over for Xi?

Trump falsely claims ‘no terrorist attacks’ and ‘no wars’ during his presidency

Trump is wrong when he claims there were no terrorist attacks during his presidency. Laying aside domestic terrorism by right- or left-wing groups, the authoritative Global Terrorism Database maintained by the University of Maryland shows two major incidents tied to Islamist militants that resulted in fatalities.

* Dec. 6, 2019: “A member of the Saudi Air Force, identified as Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, opened fire on a classroom in the Naval Air Base in Pensacola, Florida, United States. Four people, including the assailant, were killed and eight others were injured in the attack. Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) claimed responsibility for the incident. Alshamrani posted criticism of U.S. wars and quoted Osama bin Laden on social media hours before the attack.”

* Dec. 17, 2017: “An assailant driving a Home Depot rental truck entered a bike path in an attempt to run over civilians on the West Side Highway in Lower Manhattan, New York City, United States. Following the initial attack, the assailant exited the vehicle and was shot by a police officer after displaying imitation firearms. At least eight people, including two citizens from the United States, five Argentinian tourists, and one Belgian tourist, were killed and 13 other people, including the assailant, were injured in the attack. The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) claimed that the assailant, identified as Sayfullo Habibullaevic Saipov, was ‘one of the caliphate soldiers;’ however, sources doubted the veracity of this claim. Authorities also recovered a note from the vehicle in which Saipov pledged allegiance to ISIL.”
Both of these incidents garnered enormous attention, and Trump himself commented on the cases at the time. He even called the Saipov case a “terrorist attack” in his 2018 State of the Union address.

“In recent weeks, two terrorist attacks in New York were made possible by the visa lottery and chain migration,” Trump said. “In the age of terrorism, these programs present risks we can no longer afford.”

The other case listed in the database that Trump referenced in his address (the 2019 incident had not yet happened) was this one, though it did not result in fatalities:

* Dec. 11, 2017: “A suicide bomber detonated explosives [a pipe bomb] at Port Authority Bus Terminal between Seventh and Eighth Avenue in Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States. In addition to the assailant, three civilians were injured in the blast. Akayed Ullah, a jihadi-inspired extremist, claimed responsibility for the incident and stated ‘They’ve been bombing in my country and I wanted to do damage here,’ and ‘I did it for the Islamic State.’ In April 2021, Ullah was sentenced to life plus 30 years.”

No wars
Trump said he was the first president in 72 years not to have any wars, which takes us back to 1948, when Harry S. Truman was elected in his own right after stepping up to finish Franklin D. Roosevelt’s final term months before the end of World War II.

The spokesman did not respond to a question seeking clarification, but neither claim is true.

Jimmy Carter, president from 1977 to 1981, not only never formally declared war or sought authorization to use force from Congress during his presidency, but military records show not a single soldier died in hostile action during his presidency. Eight military personnel died during the 1980 Iranian hostage rescue mission, but the military deems those as non-hostile deaths. (A helicopter collided with an aircraft.) A marine and an army soldier were also killed when a mob burned the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad.

At least 65 active duty troops died in hostile action in Trump’s presidency, the records show, as he ramped up commitments in Iraq and Syria to fight the ISIS terrorist group while also launching airstrikes on Syria as punishment for a chemical weapons attack. (During the town hall, Trump bragged, “We beat ISIS, knocked them out.”) Trump also escalated hostilities with Iran, including the killing of Iranian General Qasem Soleimani. Trump said at the time the strike was carried out in accordance with the Authorization for Use of Military Force resolution of 2001.

Still, any American opposing their country's wars would be an un-american anomaly.

And don't forget Trump's criminal action that killed Sulemeini. If he tries to pull another stunt like that, he'll have us into nuclear war.

still, he's better than Biden and the Haley hawk.
Iran didn't even blink when Trump took out Soleimani. Trump had put the world leaders on notice that if they attacked, harmed, killed Americans without justification, retribution would be certain, swift, and terrible. When Soleimani shot down a U.S. drone, military leaders urged Trump to retaliate but he refused saying that wasn't sufficient to warrant taking a life. But when Soleimani ordered an attack that killed an American contractor and injured four U.S. servicemen in Iraq, Trump made good on the certain, swift, and terrible. We didn't hear much of a peep out of Iran after that.

According to a text I got this morning, 'analyst' Dick Morris predicts Nikki Haley will win New Hampshire that allows Independents to vote in any primary. Democrats are so eager to see Trump lose they are signing up by the hundreds as Independents so that they can vote for Nikki and will likely push her over the top. But, of course, once that mission is accomplished, they have zero intention of voting for her in the general election and will go right back to being Democrats.

We could discuss whether that will be important. Or the ethics of it. Lots of different ways to look at it.
I've thought for awhile that was why the Dems were cancelling all of their presidential primaries...so Democrats could vote in Republican Primaries against Trump.

In Iowa you can change your registration the day of the caucus.

That issue already made the rounds and it didn't look good for her.
I honestly am not completely certain Haley is not being considered for VP, though my gut tells me she isn't likely to be the pick. But both she and Trump have taken relatively mild shots at each other in campaign rhetoric, certainly less contentuous than the volleys between her and DeSantis. But then she and DeSantis are battling for second place so who knows?

Trump's theme for Haley is mostly 'she isn't strong enough' and her theme for him is she supports his policies and approach to problems but 'he can't win.'

Forum List

Back