Boston v Washington
Florida v New Jersey
Pittsburgh v Philadelphia

Western Conference
Vancouver v LA
St Louis v San Jose
Phoenix v Chicago
Nashville v Detroit

2011-2012 Current NHL Playoff Matchups, Pairings - National Hockey League - ESPN

The best matchup is the Penguins and the Flyers. That'll be a good series. There are always shocks in the NHL playoffs, sometimes many of them. If I were to look for shocks, I'd pick Ottawa over the Rangers. The Sens beat the Rangers three out of four this season. I don't think its going to happen, but that's one to watch. Washington is suddenly playing well, so the Caps and the Bruins could go to the wire. In the West, conceivably, all the lower ranked teams could advance. Vancouver has been winning a lot but eking out many games. I'm not sure if St Louis is for real, Chicago is getting hot, and Detroit is good enough to go all the way.

For the stats junkies, the winner of the President's trophy has won the Stanley Cup a third of the time but only once in the past 10 years. I think I also read that over the past 20 years, the winner has always come from the top 10. The would mean the winner will come from one of these - Vancouver, NY Rangers, St Louis, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Philadelphia, Boston, Detroit, New Jersey and Chicago.

Last edited:
I love that in damn near every opening round series each team has a legit chance at winning said series.

It's gonna be a great playoffs.

canucks-diving-hockeyshtuffs1.jpg

I'm not even going to guess who is going to win it all.

Yeah, I have no clue either.

Pittsburgh: 3 - 1
New York: 5 - 1
Vancouver: 5 - 1
Boston: 8 - 1
San Jose: 8 - 1
St Louis: 8 - 1
Detroit: 10 - 1
Nashville: 10 - 1
Philadelphia: 12 - 1
Chicago: 15 - 1
Los Angeles: 18 - 1
New Jersey: 20 - 1
Washington: 28 - 1
Florida: 30 - 1
Ottawa: 30 - 1
Phoenix: 30 - 1

Stanley Cup Odds

I'm not even going to guess who is going to win it all.

Yeah, I have no clue either.

Pittsburgh: 3 - 1
New York: 5 - 1
Vancouver: 5 - 1
Boston: 8 - 1
San Jose: 8 - 1
St Louis: 8 - 1
Detroit: 10 - 1
Nashville: 10 - 1
Philadelphia: 12 - 1
Chicago: 15 - 1
Los Angeles: 18 - 1
New Jersey: 20 - 1
Washington: 28 - 1
Florida: 30 - 1
Ottawa: 30 - 1
Phoenix: 30 - 1

Stanley Cup Odds

San Jose and St Louis are too high, as are Florida, Ottawa and Phoenix. Philly, Chicago and NJ are too low.

EDIT - Maybe Philly isn't. They lost every game they played to the Rangers.

Flyers injure Crosby early in the series and move on.
The league needs ratings and refs will almost let the Flyers return to their Broad Street Bully daze!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvVoGE8pp6g]History Will Be Made - Dave Schultz - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, time for the 2nd season!

The end of shootout wins - sudden death time!

Pitt - Philly is going to be fun to watch...

Washington - hot at the right time and some good fire power, but can they survive their goalie troubles?

Nice that all the games should be available on cable somewhere...

I watched the NHL finals because I wasrootingagainstthe Vancouver Canucks - no other reason

Predictably - the cancuks fans rioted...................................................

Forum List

Back