NFL shits the bed with bricks

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011

The NFL cannot get it right these days. Opening weekend and a lot of fans tuned out or off. I grew up in the glory days of Washington DC football when the NFL was run by the ultimate PR machine, Pete Rozelle. The NFL could appeal to ALL people.

Inside the league’s smallest stadium, RFK Stadium, Blacks and whites, Republicans and Democrats, lawyers and construction workers, and environmentalists and hunters all stood side-by-side unified enjoying a great product.

In today’s era of awoke, things have changed. Somehow, multimillionaires running around with a pigskin ball complaining about being oppressed is not appealing to the masses. Putting the names of people slain by officers on the back of helmets is encouraged but putting the name of slain officers slain by people on the back of helmets is prohibited. Separate national anthems further drives people apart.

The NFL keeps shitting itself and losing millions. What now? Are you going to try and guilt everyone into supporting the league? Government bailout? My advice is to get back to playing football and stay out of politics. It’s killing you financially.

The NFL cannot get it right these days. Opening weekend and a lot of fans tuned out or off. I grew up in the glory days of Washington DC football when the NFL was run by the ultimate PR machine, Pete Rozelle. The NFL could appeal to ALL people.

Inside the league’s smallest stadium, RFK Stadium, Blacks and whites, Republicans and Democrats, lawyers and construction workers, and environmentalists and hunters all stood side-by-side unified enjoying a great product.

In today’s era of awoke, things have changed. Somehow, multimillionaires running around with a pigskin ball complaining about being oppressed is not appealing to the masses. Putting the names of people slain by officers on the back of helmets is encouraged but putting the name of slain officers slain by people on the back of helmets is prohibited. Separate national anthems further drives people apart.

The NFL keeps shitting itself and losing millions. What now? Are you going to try and guilt everyone into supporting the league? Government bailout? My advice is to get back to playing football and stay out of politics. It’s killing you financially.
I'm right with you, I attended some of those Redskins games in RFK during the glory years. The atmosphere was so fun, nobody gave a shit what color you were, you were a SKINS fan. Now they've completely fucked it up with Black Lives Matter. I don't know if it will ever be the same. Very sad.

The Billy Kilmer/Sonny Jurgensen/Joe Theismann/John Riggins Redskin era was phenomenal.

I met all those guys at local bars and BBQ joints.

I have a much better idea, YOU get out of football, its not a good product, its a scam intended to manipulate you, and millions just like you, and your collective feelings of inferiority, milking them to death & to the tune of billions of dollars! Buy a telescope, or a microscope, a camera, learn how to write, commune with the wild creatures of the forest, build a miracle in your garage, anything, but turn off the idiocy that is professional athletics! Turn your mind on, not fucking off.... :puke3:

I have a much better idea, YOU get out of football, its not a good product, its a scam intended to manipulate you, and millions just like you, and your collective feelings of inferiority, milking them to death & to the tune of billions of dollars! Buy a telescope, or a microscope, a camera, learn how to write, commune with the wild creatures of the forest, build a miracle in your garage, anything, but turn off the idiocy that is professional athletics! Turn your mind on, not fucking off.... :puke3:

Our children's father gave up watching overpaid assholes and spent Sunday with them, bonding.

Mom was pleased...and so were they.

I'm right with you, I attended some of those Redskins games in RFK during the glory years. The atmosphere was so fun, nobody gave a shit what color you were, you were a SKINS fan. Now they've completely fucked it up with Black Lives Matter. I don't know if it will ever be the same. Very sad.

Black Lives Matter is very divisive.

When 'All Lives Matter' is considered offensive you know something has gone very wrong.

Only to whites who are racists.

Nice post, thanks.

When 'All Lives Matter' is considered offensive you know something has gone very wrong.
When all lives matter is used by racists to divide people against a valid protest against injustice, those doing so are what is wrong.

The Billy Kilmer/Sonny Jurgensen/Joe Theismann/John Riggins Redskin era was phenomenal.

I met all those guys at local bars and BBQ joints.
That's awesome! The closest I got was seeing some of the Jurgensen era Redskins leaving the stadium after a game. I wanted to get Charley Taylor's autograph, but I chickened out. He was dressed like Shaft and looked really scary.

When all lives matter is used by racists to divide people against a valid protest against injustice, those doing so are what is wrong.
How about when non-Racists just want to say that All lives matter? Is it OK then?

All Lives Matter includes black lives you dumbed downed fckd up race baiter

This means no more military celebrations, breast cancer celebrations, Domestic violence awareness , no more united way drives, or standing for education. If you are about no politics in sports, that means all politics. No more flag waving, no more anthem, no more white house visits. Those are political symbols.

That is if you are against politics in sports. But if you are just a bunch of fascists that believe blacks have no right to protest, then you are petty bastards who oppose a 1 game league expression of support for the rights of people who represent 80 percent of the players that are responsible for making that league billions of dollars and whose economic impact upon the cities they play in is millions of dollars as well as the same number of jobs created both directly and indirectly.

How about when non-Racists just want to say that All lives matter? Is it OK then?
Non racists know that for all lives to matter, black lives matter and support the black lives matter movement. The All Lives Matter narrative is another example of aversive or colorblind racism

Only to whites who are racists.
The organization can’t or won’t even sit down and discuss an outcome. You can call whites racist all goddamn day long but the BLM organization will still push divisiveness. America stood united by George Floyd and his Family and that was not even recognized by BLM.

This means no more military celebrations, breast cancer celebrations, Domestic violence awareness , no more united way drives, or standing for education. If you are about no politics in sports, that means all politics. No more flag waving, no more anthem, no more white house visits. Those are political symbols.

That is if you are against politics in sports. But if you are just a bunch of fascists that believe blacks have no right to protest, then you are petty bastards who oppose a 1 game league expression of support for the rights of people who represent 80 percent of the players that are responsible for making that league billions of dollars and whose economic impact upon the cities they play in is millions of dollars as well as the same number of jobs created both directly and indirectly.

Everyone is united with cancer awareness, military celebrations, and against domestic violence.

Non racists know that for all lives to matter, black lives matter and support the black lives matter movement. The All Lives Matter narrative is another example of aversive or colorblind racism

The Black Lives Matter movement is only behind the lives of Blacks shot by White police. That’s it.

Forum List

Back