NFL Conference Championship games

Very likely the next day, Mahomes ankle was swelled like a balloon and he was on crutches. He will be lucky to play at all on sunday much less be fully recovered if it was a true high ankle sprain. That gives Cincinnati a decided advantage.
Why is the spread so tight

Well, the divisional playoff games are done and we have the final four teams. The Eagles will host the 49ers for the NFC Championship game and the Chiefs will host the Bengals for the AFC Championship. The NFC game looks like a great matchup. The 49ers have the #1 defense and the Eagles have the #2 defense. I think the Eagles offense has an advantage with Jalen Hurts, but the 49ers defense did a good job of bottling up Dak Prescott. Should be a very good game. Think I will go with the Eagles at home. The AFC game, I don't give the Chiefs much chance of winning unless Mahomes is a very quick healer. I'll go with the Bengals to win.
I think it will be the 49ers vs the Bengals with the Bengals winning the Super Bowl.

It has been reported that Travis Kelce is now on the injured list due to a back injury, and is questionable for playing against Cincinnati.

That would change the Chiefs offensive scheme significantly.

Chiefs star tight end Travis Kelce is expected to play against the Bengals in the AFC championship game on Sunday despite being limited in practice this week with back spasms

Rest, stretching, ben gay. I'm sure he's fine. I'm sure Mahomes is fine too. They're all banged up. But will they finally beat Joe Burrow? I hope not. I want to see Cincinatti win it all.

I think the Eagles will best the 49rs.

And so I pick Cincinatti to win the Superbowl against the Eagles. Of course I may change that prediction based on what happens today. And who gets hurt.

Mahomes already has one. And only Brady has more than 1. I want to keep it that way. Let Burrow win one. Cincinatti needs a championship. And I wouldn't mind seeing Jalen Hurts win his first. Or Purdy. I'm rooting for 3 of the 4 quarterbacks. And if Mahomes wins another one, that's cool too. Because I really do think he is great and deserving of multiple superbowls. So I'll be happy for whoever wins. As long as Dallas is out. LOL Or Green Bay. I couldn't root for Aaron Rogers. Immunized mother fucker.

Chiefs star tight end Travis Kelce is expected to play against the Bengals in the AFC championship game on Sunday despite being limited in practice this week with back spasms

Rest, stretching, ben gay. I'm sure he's fine. I'm sure Mahomes is fine too. They're all banged up. But will they finally beat Joe Burrow? I hope not. I want to see Cincinatti win it all.

I think the Eagles will best the 49rs.

And so I pick Cincinatti to win the Superbowl against the Eagles. Of course I may change that prediction based on what happens today. And who gets hurt.

Mahomes already has one. And only Brady has more than 1. I want to keep it that way. Let Burrow win one. Cincinatti needs a championship. And I wouldn't mind seeing Jalen Hurts win his first. Or Purdy. I'm rooting for 3 of the 4 quarterbacks. And if Mahomes wins another one, that's cool too. Because I really do think he is great and deserving of multiple superbowls. So I'll be happy for whoever wins. As long as Dallas is out. LOL Or Green Bay. I couldn't root for Aaron Rogers. Immunized mother fucker.
Thanks for the update, I had not heard that Kelce was cleared to play. Good that he is, because he's vital to the success of the Chiefs offense.

I think that your assessments are on point overall, but personally I would really like to see the 49ers win today, and have a rematch of the 2020 Superbowl with the Chiefs.

Brock Purdy, IMO, has been a surprising story this year, and he's stepped up and done an amazing job.

Either way, both of these games are showcasing the best young quarterbacks in the NFL IMO.

Eagles couldn't do anything, punted. 49ers apparently lost Purdy . Must have injured wrist on the previous fumble. Now 49ers down to 4th string QB Johnson.
Tough start for the 49ers. With that turn of events, their defense has to step up, and right now, it looks challenging for them.

This officiating team is having problems. First they call a 4th down pass a catch, which should have been a non catch. Then they call a fumble an incomplete pass which got overturned on a challenge. Then they miss that a punt hit a wire and should have allowed Eagles to retry punt.

This officiating team is having problems. First they call a 4th down pass a catch, which should have been a non catch. Then they call a fumble an incomplete pass which got overturned on a challenge. Then they miss that a punt hit a wire and should have allowed Eagles to retry punt.
Officiating during this season has been subpar in far too many games.

The 49ers defense held up well on the last series. If they can keep it close, that's their only way to victory.

Eagles making it look easy against the #1 defense just took opening drive all the way for a TD. 7-0 Iggles. Oh shit, Iggles got away with a big non call. Catch was not a catch...

Seems like all athletes are willing "cheater!" That guy knew he dropped the ball which is why he rushed to snap the ball for the next play! They just have no shame & when rebuked, they put it on the officials! :dunno: :rolleyes::stir:

I don’t think the first half could have gone worse for the 49ers. What a disaster.

We need Purdy back in. We don’t have a chance without him.

49rs had three timeouts left at half? Wasted?

Could have used one to get toss challenge flag on that false catch Perhaps? Instead, just let the Eagles hurry up And run a play? Coaching turnover there…..perhaps?

i always say….they give you three TO. Use them when things go bad.

Forum List

Back