Next Aircraft Carrier Named: USS Doris Miller

I would like to believe this is on the up and up. We live in such a fragile environment with racial issues today when it should not be. The heroism of the man is there. It is better then endless bureaucrat politicians. Which it should not be. However, you wonder if it is convenient for ordering the fourth Ford Class Carrier also. The first one is still circling the Bermuda Triangle with a skeleton crew for years as they can not get it fixed. We may have a whole class of carriers in service with no one on them.

upload_2020-1-20_9-46-37.png

" The NAACP had asked President Franklin D. Roosevelt to award the Distinguished Service Cross to Doris Miller....Senator James M. Mead (D-NY) introduced a Senate bill [S.Res. 2392] to award Miller the Medal of Honor, and Representative John D. Dingell, Sr. (D-MI) introduced a matching House bill [H.R. 6800]."

Glad "progressives" were successful in their attempts to integrate the armed services and ALL AMERICANS were giving the opportunity to fight for THEIR COUNTRY and be awarded the honor and dignity they deserve....

" The NAACP had asked President Franklin D. Roosevelt to award the Distinguished Service Cross to Doris Miller....Senator James M. Mead (D-NY) introduced a Senate bill [S.Res. 2392] to award Miller the Medal of Honor, and Representative John D. Dingell, Sr. (D-MI) introduced a matching House bill [H.R. 6800]."

Glad "progressives" were successful in their attempts to integrate the armed services and ALL AMERICANS were giving the opportunity to fight for THEIR COUNTRY and be awarded the honor and dignity they deserve....
You do know that FDR sent over a hundred thousand American men, women and children to prison just because of their skin color, don’t you?

And FDR kept the military segregated.

You do know that FDR sent over a hundred thousand American men, women and children to prison just because of their skin color, don’t you?

I will repeat...good thing "LIBERALS" sought to integrate the military...

Let me know when you can refute what I said or shut the fuck up....

Libs did nothing of the sort. Liberal FDR recruited a huge Jim Crow Army to fight WW2. Considering the fact that we were supposed to be fighting Racism, Hitler had a huge belly laugh about Roosevelt's Hypocrisy.

I would like to believe this is on the up and up. We live in such a fragile environment with racial issues today when it should not be. The heroism of the man is there. It is better then endless bureaucrat politicians. Which it should not be. However, you wonder if it is convenient for ordering the fourth Ford Class Carrier also. The first one is still circling the Bermuda Triangle with a skeleton crew for years as they can not get it fixed. We may have a whole class of carriers in service with no one on them.

Where did you come up with that bullshit story?

Why do we need another aircraft carrier anyway? Because we don`t have to pay for anything is my guess.
Top 10 Countries with the Most Aircraft Carriers in the World - World Blaze
8 or 9 0f those carriers are Marine troop carriers. They have no arresting gear on the flight deck and are a couple of hundred feet shorter and less then half the weight of the Nimitz Class carriers. The next generation Ford Class carrier that will slowly replace the Nimitz carriers has some problems to fix and has been in the seas for a few years without a mission. It appears at least 3 more will be built. The Kennedy which is almost completed, the Enterprise which is being built, and the Miller. There are some differences between the two classes of carriers. But is it worth the price?

Why do we need another aircraft carrier anyway? Because we don`t have to pay for anything is my guess.
8 or 9 0f those carriers are Marine troop carriers. They have no arresting gear on the flight deck and are a couple of hundred feet shorter and less then half the weight of the Nimitz Class carriers. The next generation Ford Class carrier that will slowly replace the Nimitz carriers has some problems to fix and has been in the seas for a few years without a mission. It appears at least 3 more will be built. The Kennedy which is almost completed, the Enterprise which is being built, and the Miller. There are some differences between the two classes of carriers. But is it worth the price?

The USS Nimitz was commissioned when I was 11 years old. I am fact approaching retirement age, and so are these ships. I left the Navy almost 26 years ago. Some of the Marine troop carriers, better known as LHDs were already in service then. Only recently have we started building the LHAs.

These ships wear out over time and it costs more to repair them repeatedly rather than replace them with newer technology. For example, the older LHDs were steam powered, while the newer ones are gas turbine powered. You can replace gas turbine engines in a matter of days/weeks whereas boilers take just about as long as a reactor.

Libs did nothing of the sort. Liberal FDR recruited a huge Jim Crow Army to fight WW2. Considering the fact that we were supposed to be fighting Racism, Hitler had a huge belly laugh about Roosevelt's Hypocrisy.
He’s a loony living in the leftist alternate universe.

The USS Nimitz was commissioned when I was 11 years old. I am fact approaching retirement age, and so are these ships. I left the Navy almost 26 years ago. Some of the Marine troop carriers, better known as LHDs were already in service then. Only recently have we started building the LHAs.

These ships wear out over time and it costs more to repair them repeatedly rather than replace them with newer technology. For example, the older LHDs were steam powered, while the newer ones are gas turbine powered. You can replace gas turbine engines in a matter of days/weeks whereas boilers take just about as long as a reactor.
One of the things about the Nimitz class reactors is that they are refueled about 25 years into their approximate 50 year lifespan. The nuclear refueling cost 3 to 4 billion dollars and includes renovations to the ship. The new Ford class has reactors that do not need refueling for its lifespan and produces double to triple the electricity which is important for future modern tactics and weapons from technologies to be used. I like reading about military hardware. And rumors...There was an idea to build a lot of carriers based on the marine carriers you wrote about. It would be a lot cheaper if the bean counters kept the costs within sense without adding every bell and whistle they can.

Forum List

Back