Newly Elected Muslim Congresswomen Favor Eliminating Israel

Lot's of Christian states mostly free, lot's of Muslim states mostly tyrannical and backwards,
Israel is merely on the same level of democracy index as non-religious USA, and by far one of the most developed and diverse.

State religion - Wikipedia
A lot of states have a “state religion” but secular governments. Most Western Christian states fall in that category.

If a Rabbi ran Israel as PM and the end result is same freedom and quality of life as in "secular" run USA, then what difference does it make.

Instead of projecting Islam and Christianity on Judaism try to find strength to respect a different culture that provides and exemplary quality of life and freedom to its people.

Last edited:
Did I say there was? No. There is no such standard.

And this is EXACTLY my continued point. There is a global standard. And you keep bringing up points which confuse or conflate or complicate that standard.

There is no STANDARD for an ethnic or cultural national liberation movement to be secular or non-religious. So why do you bring up religion at ALL, when Israel is an ethnic movement? Except to confuse and conflate and complicate?
Well, this started as a conversation on seperate but equal, and Tlaib’s use of that in the context of two states so that led to the role of religion and whether a state can be religious and equal.

Lot's of Christian states mostly free, lot's of Muslim states mostly tyrannical and backwards,
Israel is merely on the same level of democracy index as non-religious USA, and by far one of the most developed and diverse.

A lot of states have a “state religion” but secular governments. Most Western Christian states fall in that category.

If a Rabbi ran Israel as PM and the end result is same freedom and quality of life as in "secular" run USA, then what difference does it make.

Instead of projecting Islam and Christianity on Judaism try find strength to respect a different culture that provides and exemplary quality of life and freedom to its people.

Would it though? I doubt it.

Who decides who is Jewish?

The STANDARD, worldwide is: 1. Self-identification. 2. Acceptance within the group.

The very fact that you (as an outsider) are questioning this is problematic.

I always thought it was through lineage, myself, specifically the Mother's.

Am I wrong in that?

Saying it is just a choice people make plays into the hands of antisemites who make similar claims in order to delegitimize Jewish ethnicity. Many such have made claims in this forum that Jews are just European interlopers, and as such, have no claim to the land.

The STANDARD, worldwide, is self-identification and acceptance. Its a personal process and a group process and not subject to the opinions of others.

The Jewish process of self-identification and acceptances tends towards maternal lineage, but not exclusively so. Methods of inclusion in a group is solely up to the group in question to determine -- any method of inclusion is acceptable (maternal lineage, paternal lineage, marriage, adoption, etc), but only the group gets to determine what their inclusion methods are.
Why is it not the same among all Jews? Why can someone be Jewish outside of Israel but not in Israel?

New Muslim congresswomen favor eliminating Israel

I am so happy they stated that is the long term Goal. For that reason alone Israel will never give up any more territory or allow " Right of Return"
Just because she said it doesn't mean she means it.
We can trust her. Mkay?

You mean she said it but didn’t mean it? Link please. You are stupid! :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
I guess you didn't spot the obvious sarcasm.

You can’t simultaneously say discount religion then use it to stake biblical god given claims to the entire region as some try to do.

And this is a prime example of how you confuse the issue. I am not discounting religion. You are introducing it as though it changes the standard. Jewishness is a legitimate national movement. We agree. Therefore, religion is irrelevant.

You can’t simultaneously say discount religion then use it to stake biblical god given claims to the entire region as some try to do.

And this is a prime example of how you confuse the issue. I am not discounting religion. You are introducing it as though it changes the standard. Jewishness is a legitimate national movement. We agree. Therefore, religion is irrelevant.
I will need to think about this...I might agree.

Well, this started as a conversation on seperate but equal, and Tlaib’s use of that in the context of two states so that led to the role of religion and whether a state can be religious and equal.

Ah, no. There was no mention of religion until you brought it up and I called you on it.

Tlaib said "two states won't work". She is wrong and she is wrong specifically because the standard in the world with respect to regional ethnic and cultural conflicts is to create separate, self-determinative states. Religion is a red-herring introduced to find fault with Israel.

It would be like arguing that India and Pakistan CAN NOT be separated because ... religion might lead to inequality. Its not a sound argument.

I will need to think about this...I might agree.

Thank you. I respect you for considering my comments.

Instead of projecting Islam and Christianity on Judaism try find strength to respect a different culture that provides and exemplary quality of life and freedom to its people.

But You see Caliphate as a valid solution...:eusa_doh:

How long will keep with that lie? I was referring to the idea of multiple semi autonomous caliphate in lieu of a Palestinian state, an idea which YOU introduced me to.

How long will keep with that lie? I was referring to the idea of multiple semi autonomous caliphate in lieu of a Palestinian state, an idea which YOU introduced me to.

I talked about Emirates, the most stable and prosperous governmental system currently among Arab states, based on the social structure of the society rather than religion.

Neither did I suggest another Islamist tyranny.

Last edited:
New Muslim congresswomen favor eliminating Israel

I am so happy they stated that is the long term Goal. For that reason alone Israel will never give up any more territory or allow " Right of Return"
Just because she said it doesn't mean she means it.
We can trust her. Mkay?

You mean she said it but didn’t mean it? Link please. You are stupid! :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
I guess you didn't spot the obvious sarcasm.

:imsorry3: :th_thgoodpost:

I talked about Emirates, the most stable and prosperous governmental system currently among Arab states, based on the social structure of the society rather than religion.

Not another Islamist tyranny.
My mistake then, I meant the Emirates.

That would be one the best of solutions for the sake of both nations and regional cooperation.
You'd be amazed with the amount of people on the other side who would strongly support such a framework once heard support from the Arab side.

For that people like Tlaib and BDS-holes have to abandon their exploitation of the regular people for their political ambitions, the Arab people should abandon their essential opposition to the Jewish nation.

The middle east would only win by joining Israel in mutual development.

Last edited:
Quote from Tlaib:

I want to integrate schools. I tell my colleague on the House floor who is Jewish: “Can you imagine, if we start integrating schools and have Israeli and Palestinian kids going to school together?”

I wonder what her plans are to make this a reality in Areas A and B and in Gaza.

That would be one the best of solutions for the sake of both nations and regional cooperation.
You'd be amazed with the amount of people on the other side who would strongly support such a framework once heard support from the Arab side.

Do you think a federation idea has potential?

Quote from Tlaib:

I want to integrate schools. I tell my colleague on the House floor who is Jewish: “Can you imagine, if we start integrating schools and have Israeli and Palestinian kids going to school together?”

I wonder what her plans are to make this a reality in Areas A and B and in Gaza.
I think it is a good idea, start in Area C.

Quote from Tlaib:

Way to shift responsibility to the Israelis. Start in Areas A and B and Gaza and PROVE that it is even possible in Arab-controlled areas.

Quote from Tlaib:

Way to shift responsibility to the Israelis. Start in Areas A and B and Gaza and PROVE that it is even possible in Arab-controlled areas.

No. It has nothing to do with shifting responsibility. It is just the easiest place to start it, then move outward.

Forum List

Back