New York Gov. Kathy Hochul signs controversial legislation to create slavery reparations commission

Obviously not. If they.have a legitimste grievance,.it should be wth those.in bistory who were.involved. Or else there will be pay outs to people of all colours who fought and died to end slavery.

This only hurts working class folks..has no effect on elite whites.

Its total insanity ….blacks owned white slaves…

America ended slavery before other countries did. Tons of poor white Americans today.
These people stir up blacks to get their votes, plain and simple. What a coincidence this is happening right before election time.

If legacy guilt and payback means anything then black native born Americans owe whites a reward for bringing africans to the greatest country on earth

Modern black people are entitled to nothing from whites
According to Citi, modern blacks are owed more than 16 trillion. That's counting lost money from the year 2000 until right now.

Last edited:
According to city modern blacks are owed more than 16 trillion. That's counting lost money from the year 2000 until right now.

You can make up all the crazy numbers you want

But you are entitled to no free rides because you happen the be black and a failure

This only hurts working class folks..has no effect on elite whites.

Its total insanity ….blacks owned white slaves…

America ended slavery before other countries did. Tons of poor white Americans today.
where there a lot of slaves in NY?

It is another liberal mistake of stupidly taking on guilt.

And worse, like California, when they crunch the numbers they will realize the costs will be astronomical and will then table it because no one wants a $5000k or more one time tax per non black person to pay this off.

And worse, like California, when they crunch the numbers they will realize the costs will be astronomical and will then table it because no one wants a $5000k or more one time tax per non black person to pay this off.
Black people owe whites for bringing them to America

should you be responsible for what a descendant of yours did in the 1800's?...
I am quite sure no one living in 1980 was alive when the U.S.government made the Fort Laramie treaty with the Sioux Nation or were participants in Custers violation of that treaty. But in 1980, the government of the United States decided reparations were due to the Sioux Nation for what was done to them in the 1800’s. They awarded the Sioux nation 105 million dollars.

Then there is Cobell v. Salazar where Native Americans were awarded 3.4 billion in 2009 for damages resulting from the Dawes Act of 1887.

And the shit didn't stop in the 1860's. It went on by written law until 1964. And even when the law was passed whites still continue not following it.

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.” -Flash, 2020

And Flash is one of millions.

“In five of the six redistricting cycles since 1960, the U.S.Department of Justice or federal courts have found that Alabama’s legislative districts — congressional, state, or both — violate the rights of voters under the U.S.Constitution or the Voting Rights Act.”
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund

The quote below is written by members of the National Conferenceof Black Lawyers, the International Association of Democratic Lawyers,and the National Lawyers Guild as part of the Report of the International Commission of Inquiry on Systemic Racist Police Violence against Peopleof African Descent in the U.S., on page sixteen:

“The Commissioners find a prima facie case of Crimes against Humanity warranting an investigation by the International Criminal Court (ICC). The crimes under the Rome Statute include: Murder, Severe Deprivation of Physical Liberty, Torture, Persecution of people of African descent, and other Inhumane Acts, which occurred in the context of a widespread or systematic attack directed against the civilian population of Black people in the U.S.”

This ain't just about 1860 and its time whites so called conservatives stopped repeating that lie. The problems continue now and the precedent has been set for reparations due to past danage. Some of you have wisecracks but not one of you has researched this so you understand just how stupid and lacking in merit your argument is. Whites have been given handouts 8 times, you all have benefitted from those handouts at a minimum of a tertiary level.

You are responsible for fixing the damage caused by your ancestors. Instead, you want to continue benefitting from an ill gotten advantage. You guys don't get it. This thing will be righted one way or the other. America will either pay reparations, or it will be destroyed. You guys are ignoring laws that supercede mans little constitution and the ultimate supreme court justice.

According to city modern blacks are owed more than 16 trillion. That's counting lost money from the year 2000 until right now.

All Black descendants who were affected by slavery died out over 50 years ago. Continuing to whine about slavery victim-hood is a bad message for your Black youth.

I wouldn't go that far, but reparations as a viable concept died out when the slaves themselves died.
Incorrect.

H.Res.414 - Recognizing that the United States has a moral and legal obligation to provide reparations for the enslavement of Africans and its lasting harm on the lives of millions of Black people in the United States.118th Congress (2023-2024)​

Whereas Black people are, and have always been, human beings, yet the Federal Government has historically failed to recognize our dignity and humanity;

Whereas reparations are defined as a victim-centered process by which survivors of atrocities and serious human rights violations, and their descendants, have the right to seek restitution, compensation, rehabilitation, satisfaction, and guarantees of nonrepetition for past and ongoing harms;

Whereas to meet the international legal obligation of reparations, the Federal Government must compensate descendants of enslaved Black people and people of African descent in the United States to account for the harms of chattel slavery, the cumulative damages of enslavement, and the epochs of legal and de facto segregation;

Whereas the Federal Government is responsible for—
(1) policies that led to the economic, political, and social erosion of Black communities;
(2) failing to keep Black people safe from or actively sanctioning White domestic terrorism and failing to prosecute it when it occurred;
(3) the impacts of government-imposed segregation leading to harmful health outcomes and environmental racism;
(4) the ongoing harms of racialized mass incarceration and family separation, oppressive and abusive criminalization, and the continued impact of embedded historical harms of the criminal legal system on Black people and Black communities; and
(5) banking, consumer, housing, health, education, and employment discrimination;

Things didn't stop after slavery.

I’m glad I moved out of that deep blue cesspool of a state.

However, if I were still living there, I’d have to opt for the lib plan. Declare myself to be a full fledged black person. Hey. It’s not like facts matter.

When in the asylum, crazy is perfectly normal.

Incorrect.

H.Res.414 - Recognizing that the United States has a moral and legal obligation to provide reparations for the enslavement of Africans and its lasting harm on the lives of millions of Black people in the United States.118th Congress (2023-2024)​

Whereas Black people are, and have always been, human beings, yet the Federal Government has historically failed to recognize our dignity and humanity;

Whereas reparations are defined as a victim-centered process by which survivors of atrocities and serious human rights violations, and their descendants, have the right to seek restitution, compensation, rehabilitation, satisfaction, and guarantees of nonrepetition for past and ongoing harms;

Whereas to meet the international legal obligation of reparations, the Federal Government must compensate descendants of enslaved Black people and people of African descent in the United States to account for the harms of chattel slavery, the cumulative damages of enslavement, and the epochs of legal and de facto segregation;

Whereas the Federal Government is responsible for—
(1) policies that led to the economic, political, and social erosion of Black communities;
(2) failing to keep Black people safe from or actively sanctioning White domestic terrorism and failing to prosecute it when it occurred;
(3) the impacts of government-imposed segregation leading to harmful health outcomes and environmental racism;
(4) the ongoing harms of racialized mass incarceration and family separation, oppressive and abusive criminalization, and the continued impact of embedded historical harms of the criminal legal system on Black people and Black communities; and
(5) banking, consumer, housing, health, education, and employment discrimination;

Things didn't stop after slavery.
Stop begging, demanding reparations because you have distant ancestors who were slaves is absurd.

I am quite sure no one living in 1980 was alive when the U.S.government made the Fort Laramie treaty with the Sioux Nation or were participants in Custers violation of that treaty. But in 1980, the government of the United States decided reparations were due to the Sioux Nation for what was done to them in the 1800’s. They awarded the Sioux nation 105 million dollars.

Then there is Cobell v. Salazar where Native Americans were awarded 3.4 billion in 2009 for damages resulting from the Dawes Act of 1887.

And the shit didn't stop in the 1860's. It went on by written law until 1964. And even when the law was passed whites still continue not following it.

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.” -Flash, 2020

And Flash is one of millions.

“In five of the six redistricting cycles since 1960, the U.S.Department of Justice or federal courts have found that Alabama’s legislative districts — congressional, state, or both — violate the rights of voters under the U.S.Constitution or the Voting Rights Act.”
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund

The quote below is written by members of the National Conferenceof Black Lawyers, the International Association of Democratic Lawyers,and the National Lawyers Guild as part of the Report of the International Commission of Inquiry on Systemic Racist Police Violence against Peopleof African Descent in the U.S., on page sixteen:

“The Commissioners find a prima facie case of Crimes against Humanity warranting an investigation by the International Criminal Court (ICC). The crimes under the Rome Statute include: Murder, Severe Deprivation of Physical Liberty, Torture, Persecution of people of African descent, and other Inhumane Acts, which occurred in the context of a widespread or systematic attack directed against the civilian population of Black people in the U.S.”

This ain't just about 1860 and its time whites so called conservatives stopped repeating that lie. The problems continue now and the precedent has been set for reparations due to past danage. Some of you have wisecracks but not one of you has researched this so you understand just how stupid and lacking in merit your argument is. Whites have been given handouts 8 times, you all have benefitted from those handouts at a minimum of a tertiary level.

You are responsible for fixing the damage caused by your ancestors. Instead, you want to continue benefitting from an ill gotten advantage. You guys don't get it. This thing will be righted one way or the other. America will either pay reparations, or it will be destroyed. You guys are ignoring laws that supercede mans little constitution and the ultimate supreme court justice.
You are responsible for fixing the damage caused by your ancestors.
no i am not.....my ancestors didnt cause anyone any problems......they were not treated very well either when they got here....

I wouldn't go that far, but reparations as a viable concept died out when the slaves themselves died.
I would go that far

Since black radicals demand compensation for slavery I think they have it backwards

Without the white slavers practically no black people would be in America today causing headaches for white Americans who never owned slaves

This would be a far happier country without all the racial turmoil that the presence of blacks create

Forum List

Back