New York City, Honoring African Culture...

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
No, this isn’t a joke....

02287469-6126-4066-9A32-B69D5DDC587C.jpeg

And it’s totally not racist!

No, this isn’t a joke....

View attachment 488887

And it’s totally not racist!

Well, I can kind of see it. Its pretty much done in the likeness of a typical ebony wood carving.
Ive seen a lot of those from Eastern Africa. I guess its all a matter of personal taste.
The little olympic flame kind of kills it for me.

1620869980923.png

1620870050793.png

1620870299160.png

No offense but who wants to celebrate African culture?

Black people sure don't aside from a dumb name and some clothes here and there they don't give a shit about Africa. They were born in America and don't even know the first thing about Africa. I've seen a lot of them talk about the country of Africa when it's a god damn continent.

They especially don't know that know that for a long long ass time indians and white people lived in Africa. There are millions of indians there especially in the south were they (shocked expression) indentured slaves originally.

And who picked that design? I get it's supposed to look like an old African fetish but Jesus it looks like some 1880 cartoon, and it's sitting instead of standing, it looks dumb and or unhappy, and I guess the torch is supposed to make it look like a statue of liberty?

No offense but who wants to celebrate African culture?

Black people sure don't aside from a dumb name and some clothes here and there they don't give a shit about Africa. They were born in America and don't even know the first thing about Africa. I've seen a lot of them talk about the country of Africa when it's a god damn continent.

They especially don't know that know that for a long long ass time indians and white people lived in Africa. There are millions of indians there especially in the south were they (shocked expression) indentured slaves originally.

And who picked that design? I get it's supposed to look like an old African fetish but Jesus it looks like some 1880 cartoon, and it's sitting instead of standing, it looks dumb and or unhappy, and I guess the torch is supposed to make it look like a statue of liberty?

Well, its a figure sitting in a King's Chair. Its kind of a poor copy IMO... the originals from Africa are much better, but this one is huge. So basicaly yes, I think the reason why this figure is sitting is because its supposed to represent a King.
Most African art was made to look in the abstract on purpose anyhow, sometimes its pretty alien looking or wierd geometric shapes

wow.

Why did they do that? surely a sculptor did not do that....who did they do that? why?

wow.

Why did they do that? surely a sculptor did not do that....who did they do that? why?

Oh yes, come on now ! it clearly does represent African Art. I just hope when its displayed there will be some sort of info along with it to explain. I think a lot of people wont get it. I cant remember what the little flame is supposed to represent, maybe it could symbolize lighting the way..... Though I think the artist may have copied AudioSlave...

1620876664112.png

wow.

Oh yes, come on now ! it clearly does represent African Art. I just hope when its displayed there will be some sort of info along with it to explain. I think a lot of people wont get it. I cant remember what the little flame is supposed to represent, maybe it could symbolize lighting the way..... Though I think the artist may have copied AudioSlave...

View attachment 488919

That little flame mystifies me too.

What has the flame to do with anything??

wow.

View attachment 488919

That little flame mystifies me too.

What has the flame to do with anything??
Flamers. Gay inclusive.

I don't like that statue.

It's not a normal statue.

They could have make a better one.

Forum List

Back