New Web Site Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anything be done about this contrast? Background is too much glare.
I'll never understand this. The background is the same as the busiest site in the world... google.com, and yahoo.com and probably 9 out of the top 10 websites on the planet. White background, black font.

And IMO it is great!

what was the reason for this upgrade

So we ALL have less privacy probably, this is why we never got a heads-up it was happening probably. The whole thing is beyond CRAP. Can barely read post times, can barely see any dividing lines that divide each section of the forum. Hate the PM format. HATE the Alert format. Before you just put your mouse over them and they all appeared, now you have to click on them. A definate regressive turn for the format of this forum, now it is EXACTLY like Political Hot**** which is why peoples like me abandoned that place because the format is crap and the PM format is crap and confusing.

This is just horrible, they should bring back the old format that had been the format for YEARS, but perhaps this new format goves them MORE pf members personal information and that's the reason for the sudden and without warning format change? Don't trust ANYONE when there are sudden software changes.

The Edit function is also shit, I have a spelling error above that I can not fix without typing the ENTIRE sentence all over again. I have bolded the ONLY thing I need to correct and it won't let me. The old format the Edit was NO problem.

Man, just wow. I can't begin to imagine the trauma. And on top of everything else in these trying times. So you'll be staying then?

Being on a COVID-19 Task Force working on putting things on lockdown ks now. I come to this forum when I have some time, I come here to let off steam and sometimes calm down, this new format is not suited for that purpose, there are to many things wrong with it that make me want to rant about how crap the new format is. In general my feeling is this, EVERYTHING is crap about the new format, I can see not ONE improvement or ANYTHING positive about the new format.

Oosie, I thought the same when I first saw it. But it's already improved just in the last few minutes --- I can actually see my text now. Just give them some room, it's work for them too. Think of it like COVID --- we're in it together. :)

Not sure ogo I am very stressed out in general now because of my job with the COVID-19 thing, something I never thought I would have to do, things I never thought I would be asked to do it's all very disturbing and stressful at this time.

But you know last year I did not post or log on for 7 months when I was all of a sudden sent to be an Attache at our Embassy in Turkey, I was only available on email for all those months and so as I comment ogo you still have my email.

I know Liebchen, I can see you're stressed. Take a deep breath, have a quiet moment. We love you. Stay well.

I will return when I am not as stressed out. I love you also.

Lucy Hamilton It's okay. You will adjust to this. We can't expect to know all the minute we see it. :)

So we ALL have less privacy probably, this is why we never got a heads-up it was happening probably. The whole thing is beyond CRAP. Can barely read post times, can barely see any dividing lines that divide each section of the forum. Hate the PM format. HATE the Alert format. Before you just put your mouse over them and they all appeared, now you have to click on them. A definate regressive turn for the format of this forum, now it is EXACTLY like Political Hot**** which is why peoples like me abandoned that place because the format is crap and the PM format is crap and confusing.

This is just horrible, they should bring back the old format that had been the format for YEARS, but perhaps this new format goves them MORE pf members personal information and that's the reason for the sudden and without warning format change? Don't trust ANYONE when there are sudden software changes.

The Edit function is also shit, I have a spelling error above that I can not fix without typing the ENTIRE sentence all over again. I have bolded the ONLY thing I need to correct and it won't let me. The old format the Edit was NO problem.

Man, just wow. I can't begin to imagine the trauma. And on top of everything else in these trying times. So you'll be staying then?

Being on a COVID-19 Task Force working on putting things on lockdown ks now. I come to this forum when I have some time, I come here to let off steam and sometimes calm down, this new format is not suited for that purpose, there are to many things wrong with it that make me want to rant about how crap the new format is. In general my feeling is this, EVERYTHING is crap about the new format, I can see not ONE improvement or ANYTHING positive about the new format.

Oosie, I thought the same when I first saw it. But it's already improved just in the last few minutes --- I can actually see my text now. Just give them some room, it's work for them too. Think of it like COVID --- we're in it together. :)

Not sure ogo I am very stressed out in general now because of my job with the COVID-19 thing, something I never thought I would have to do, things I never thought I would be asked to do it's all very disturbing and stressful at this time.

But you know last year I did not post or log on for 7 months when I was all of a sudden sent to be an Attache at our Embassy in Turkey, I was only available on email for all those months and so as I comment ogo you still have my email.

I know Liebchen, I can see you're stressed. Take a deep breath, have a quiet moment. We love you. Stay well.

I will return when I am not as stressed out. I love you also.

Lucy Hamilton It's okay. You will adjust to this. We can't expect to know all the minute we see it. :)

They have WIPED everyone's Ratings also if you notice, we have NO Ratings anymore, we have this Reaction Score which is about 50% LOWER than my ACTUAL Ratings on the other format were.

Also under every existing post that up until last night was Rated and under the posts those Ratings stayed there for YEARS, they have ALL been WIPED.

And overreacting.

It is not overreacting when we have regressed to an inferior format. Where all Ratings have been wiped, where PMs are now one MASSIVE PM with a MASSIVE drop down of PREVIOUS PM responses, where the new ratings to give are inferior to the previous ones, where the writing is pale gray that you can barely see if I can barely see this how are those here with visual problems going to see it, where the Edit will not allow you to Edit unless you retype the entire sentence as opposed to just being able to change one word or one letter.

I have been here for nearly 5 years and the other format we had until last night was the best. I was at a forum where they had this EXACT format we have now and that was the ONLY reason I left that forum and so did others and we all ended up at this forum because the initial thought was well the format is nice and now we have the format the forum we abandoned because of the format we have that same format here.

How can things be improved now? This:

Bring back EVERYONES EXISTING Ratings to go along side Messages, like we had for years.

Bring back ALL the Ratings that had previously existed directly under everyones posts, Ratings that had been under everyones posts for YEARS.

Make the Edit function work so that you can change one word or one letter and not have to retype an entire sentence.

Get rid of this terrible pale gray text. Make it ALL BLACK so everyone can read EVERYTHING.

On showing who is on, right hand side of the main page mid way down, AVATARS to show who is on like before.

Change the PM format to how it was before so we respond to a PM with a new PM and not like now where we have one MASSIVE PM withaMASSIVE drop down list of previous PMs.

And overreacting.

It is not overreacting when we have regressed to an inferior format. Where all Ratings have been wiped, where PMs are now one MASSIVE PM with a MASSIVE drop down of PREVIOUS PM responses, where the new ratings to give are inferior to the previous ones, where the writing is pale gray that you can barely see if I can barely see this how are those here with visual problems going to see it, where the Edit will not allow you to Edit unless you retype the entire sentence as opposed to just being able to change one word or one letter.

I have been here for nearly 5 years and the other format we had until last night was the best. I was at a forum where they had this EXACT format we have now and that was the ONLY reason I left that forum and so did others and we all ended up at this forum because the initial thought was well the format is nice and now we have the format the forum we abandoned because of the format we have that same format here.

How can things be improved now? This:

Bring back EVERYONES EXISTING Ratings to go along side Messages, like we had for years.

Bring back ALL the Ratings that had previously existed directly under everyones posts, Ratings that had been under everyones posts for YEARS.

Make the Edit function work so that you can change one word or one letter and not have to retype an entire sentence.

Get rid of this terrible pale gray text. Make it ALL BLACK so everyone can read EVERYTHING.

On showing who is on, right hand side of the main page mid way down, AVATARS to show who is on like before.

Change the PM format to how it was before so we respond to a PM with a new PM and not like now where we have one MASSIVE PM withaMASSIVE drop down list of previous PMs.

How are those with visual problems supposed to see the below when I can barely see them:

1584951281685.png

I'm sure this is a great upgrade, but .... the timing could not have been worse.
My daily life is entirely upside down, I'm drowning in new technology trying to figure out how to teach remotely, so NOW you change USMB?
1584951286704.png

Nothing is finished here. More work to do. I personally love changes, and hope you do as well! :)

Feedback here...
I'm sure there are many technical advantages, that said, not liking the look of it so far, larger font, geeky look, harder to read, nor the loss of features / simplification of responses. From many choices down to one, computed as a "reaction score?" I'd love to hear how that was translated / computed. And the "points," based on a broken system of trophy points which seems to have stopped working years ago. I myself have not gained a "point" since 2018 and everyone seems either to have around 2000 from years ago or stuck at about 290, which makes the points worthless.

Personally, I think likes ought to be broken down into Love, Like, Agree and Disagree. If not that, then Agree or Disagree.

I'm sure this is a great upgrade, but .... the timing could not have been worse.
My daily life is entirely upside down, I'm drowning in new technology trying to figure out how to teach remotely, so NOW you change USMB?
View attachment 314244
I would entirely agree with that Old Lady but they took away my 'Agree.'

You can only “like” posts now? Too many snowflakes can’t handle being laughed at?

Why no Heads-Up thread this time? We have always had a Heads-Up thread whenever anything was going to be changed at the forum. This time ZERO just did it without warning. Why?

Yes. The new thing is also horrible. The old system we had until last night until without any warning we change to this new radical and annoying format we had a Disagree button, now we have an Angry button instead. This is not a good thing, there are things we can Disagree with this does NOT mean we are Angry with that person or what they have posted. This now will produce a Negative Vibe at this forum, with peoples thinking others are Angry at them as opposed to just Disagree with them.

That EVERYONES Ratings have been wiped must also have been to appease Snowflakes because they all seemed to have the lowest ratings and so now NO Ratings = Everyone Gets a Winner Trophy or something.

View attachment 314244
:) I'm going to really miss agree, thank you, informative, winner....and the new choice for laughter under "like" looks more like a mean, mocking laugh--I don't want to use it. I do a lot of "reacting" as they call it in this new fangled forum. Now I feel like I've been gagged.

And Admin--can you possibly make the emoji screen larger--it's so tiny I can barely make out what's there.

You can only “like” posts now? Too many snowflakes can’t handle being laughed at?

Why no Heads-Up thread this time? We have always had a Heads-Up thread whenever anything was going to be changed at the forum. This time ZERO just did it without warning. Why?

Yes. The new thing is also horrible. The old system we had until last night until without any warning we change to this new radical and annoying format we had a Disagree button, now we have an Angry button instead. This is not a good thing, there are things we can Disagree with this does NOT mean we are Angry with that person or what they have posted. This now will produce a Negative Vibe at this forum, with peoples thinking others are Angry at them as opposed to just Disagree with them.

That EVERYONES Ratings have been wiped must also have been to appease Snowflakes because they all seemed to have the lowest ratings and so now NO Ratings = Everyone Gets a Winner Trophy or something.
Lucy, we never had a disagree button. People just used "funny," which always pissed me off, so that's one good thing.

View attachment 314244
:) I'm going to really miss agree, thank you, informative, winner....and the new choice for laughter under "like" looks more like a mean, mocking laugh--I don't want to use it. I do a lot of "reacting" as they call it in this new fangled forum. Now I feel like I've been gagged.

And Admin--can you possibly make the emoji screen larger--it's so tiny I can barely make out what's there.

Yes OL totally agree with everything you just comment. Many are already commenting they find zero good about the new format, the forum has regressed already we have regressed to a terrible format that has next to zero positives. Peoples will not get used to this format we will see members post less and also just leave the forum, the way happened with a forum I and others used to be on, we all left because the format was terrible and it was the same format as this forum now has. We all came here at first because we liked the format and that format now down the toilet.

Lucy, we never had a disagree button. People just used "funny," which always pissed me off, so that's one good thing.

Okay sorry yes that was correct, The funny also annoyed me but we did not have an Angry button and I think an Angry button is very negative and will create a Negative Vibe that we do not want. We can disagree without being Angry.

View attachment 314244
Wow? Sad? Angry? God, I think I'm gonna be sick. I feel like I just woke up and am in the movie 'Soylent Green.'

Not exactly sure when I'd ever want to post that I am sad or angry. Maybe when puppies die or they raise my taxes?

NEXT UP: My favorite color? Can we be anymore uselessly, tooth-etching PC?

We did at one point though have Negative Ratings and I think that having an Angry button now regresses the forum back to Negative Ratings. This is not good in my opinion. We have enough arguing and negativity without encouraging it via having an Angry button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back