New Web Site Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is finished here. More work to do. I personally love changes, and hope you do as well! :)

Feedback here...

Feedback? This:

The new format is crap. The forum is difficult to navigate now. The PM format is crap. There was nothing wrong with the other format that had been here as long as I have been.

Marks out of 10 for new format = 1.

Oosie, you are spot-on correct but it's a technological pitfall. Back in post 31, which is too hard to find with the numbers almost invisible, the admin said:

Unfortunately the company stopped supporting the software we were running... so an upgrade was pretty much required. The old one had security errors, didn't work properly on mobile and doesn't support the version of PHP that the server is now running. We really had no choice....

We'll just have to deal with it. They say they're working on what they can, give them a chance because I pity those who feel your wrath. :D

(yanno what, some of these smilies are :lame2: )

Nothing is finished here. More work to do. I personally love changes, and hope you do as well! :)

Feedback here...

Feedback? This:

The new format is crap. The forum is difficult to navigate now. The PM format is crap. There was nothing wrong with the other format that had been here as long as I have been.

From post 31, from the Administrator, is this statement explaining why they made the change:

"Unfortunately the company stopped supporting the software we were running... so an upgrade was pretty much required. The old one had security errors, didn't work properly on mobile and doesn't support the version of PHP that the server is now running. We really had no choice...."

======

When support ends for a software version, security over time gets compromised to the point that a hacker will be able to much more easily infiltrate or destroy the forum. I have seen this happen to forums that stayed on the old vBULLETIN 3.0 series that had been long unsupported, same with people who stayed on the old phpbb2 version, they get so far out of date security wise, they become much easier to hack them.

You MUST adjust accordingly to maintain security, or you will eventually get smashed by someone seeing the version getting far out of date. Also Server hosts update their PHP to next version, which can make OLDER forum versions fail to work anymore, thus another reason why forum software MUST be upgraded, it is the only way to go.

what was the reason for this upgrade

So we ALL have less privacy probably, this is why we never got a heads-up it was happening probably. The whole thing is beyond CRAP. Can barely read post times, can barely see any dividing lines that divide each section of the forum. Hate the PM format. HATE the Alert format. Before you just put your mouse over them and they all appeared, now you have to click on them. A definate regressive turn for the format of this forum, now it is EXACTLY like Political Hot**** which is why peoples like me abandoned that place because the format is crap and the PM format is crap and confusing.

This is just horrible, they should bring back the old format that had been the format for YEARS, but perhaps this new format goves them MORE pf members personal information and that's the reason for the sudden and without warning format change? Don't trust ANYONE when there are sudden software changes.

So we ALL have less privacy probably, this is why we never got a heads-up it was happening probably. The whole thing is beyond CRAP. Can barely read post times, can barely see any dividing lines that divide each section of the forum. Hate the PM format. HATE the Alert format. Before you just put your mouse over them and they all appeared, now you have to click on them. A definate regressive turn for the format of this forum, now it is EXACTLY like Political Hot**** which is why peoples like me abandoned that place because the format is crap and the PM format is crap and confusing.

This is just horrible, they should bring back the old format that had been the format for YEARS, but perhaps this new format goves them MORE pf members personal information and that's the reason for the sudden and without warning format change? Don't trust ANYONE when there are sudden software changes.

The Edit function is also shit, I have a spelling error above that I can not fix without typing the ENTIRE sentence all over again. I have bolded the ONLY thing I need to correct and it won't let me. The old format the Edit was NO problem.

The Edit function is also shit, I have a spelling error above that I can not fix without typing the ENTIRE sentence all over again. I have bolded the ONLY thing I need to correct and it won't let me. The old format the Edit was NO problem.

Feedback here...

Feedback? This:

From post 31, from the Administrator, is this statement explaining why they made the change:

"Unfortunately the company stopped supporting the software we were running... so an upgrade was pretty much required. The old one had security errors, didn't work properly on mobile and doesn't support the version of PHP that the server is now running. We really had no choice...."

======

When support ends for a software version, security over time gets compromised to the point that a hacker will be able to much more easily infiltrate or destroy the forum. I have seen this happen to forums that stayed on the old vBULLETIN 3.0 series that had been long unsupported, same with people who stayed on the old phpbb2 version, they get so far out of date security wise, they become much easier to hack them.

You MUST adjust accordingly to maintain security, or you will eventually get smashed by someone seeing the version getting far out of date. Also Server hosts update their PHP to next version, which can make OLDER forum versions fail to work anymore, thus another reason why forum software MUST be upgraded, it is the only way to go.

Well the thing remains this new format is horrible. Also is EVERYONE now Visible? Can you see I am on for example?

The type is too small on my kindle, when I zoom in I have to scroll way over to the right to get the full line posted.

I don't like it......... yet....:)

I suppose with more minutes than the 3 minutes I spent checking it out is needed! :D

Feedback here...

Feedback? This:

======

Well the thing remains this new format is horrible. Also is EVERYONE now Visible? Can you see I am on for example?

What do you mean, "visible"?

Feedback here...

Feedback? This:

Oosie, you are spot-on correct but it's a technological pitfall. Back in post 31, which is too hard to find with the numbers almost invisible, the admin said:

Unfortunately the company stopped supporting the software we were running... so an upgrade was pretty much required. The old one had security errors, didn't work properly on mobile and doesn't support the version of PHP that the server is now running. We really had no choice....

We'll just have to deal with it. They say they're working on what they can, give them a chance because I pity those who feel your wrath. :D

We can not even give Ratings to posts now. WTF? Also look at the mess responding to someones post is, look at my fucked up formatted response to SunsetTommy. The whole thing is beyond crap. Prediction: This new terrible format is going to result inlosing forum members, peoples are not going to put up with this terrible format that is difficult to navigate or even difficult to SEE writing WHY is so many things in PALE GRAY WTF. So we are going to lose members, like many already abandoned P***** Hot**** for the same reason.

Sure miss the express elevator button on the right hand side that took you to the top of the page from the bottom... Sure makes me sound lazy, but it was convenient...

Oh yeah, the eBay button.

Well on the other hand I only seem to have maybe ten posts per page now, so it's a shorter trip to scroll.

Sure miss the express elevator button on the right hand side that took you to the top of the page from the bottom... Sure makes me sound lazy, but it was convenient...

I would give you a Rating darling but the new format won't allow us to Rate posts.

Feedback here...

Feedback? This:

======

I have no problems with the EDIT feature, it easy for me to use. I can see who is on in the OLD format easily, which is why your complaint about it here seems odd to me.....

You need to understand that the OLD format is no longer viable due to being UNSUPPORTED, having security errors no longer getting fixed, BECAUSE the software version is no longer being supported by the Xenforo team.

My main complaint is the page is too bright for me to handle, hopefully that gets addressed in time.

Feedback here...

Feedback? This:

We can not even give Ratings to posts now. WTF? Also look at the mess responding to someones post is, look at my fucked up formatted response to SunsetTommy. The whole thing is beyond crap. Prediction: This new terrible format is going to result inlosing forum members, peoples are not going to put up with this terrible format that is difficult to navigate or even difficult to SEE writing WHY is so many things in PALE GRAY WTF. So we are going to lose members, like many already abandoned P***** Hot**** for the same reason.

If you hover over the "Like" button at lower right you'll see five different flavors, including an angry one :rock:

EDIT: and by "five" I mean "six".

I suspect they're working on the contrast because NOBODY likes it. And the default font is too small.

The type is too small on my kindle, when I zoom in I have to scroll way over to the right to get the full line posted.

I suppose with more minutes than the 3 minutes I spent checking it out is needed! :D

I agree, the font size has been increased.

Man, just wow. I can't begin to imagine the trauma. And on top of everything else in these trying times. So you'll be staying then?

Feedback here...

Feedback? This:

If you hover over the "Like" button at lower right you'll see five different flavors, including an angry one :rock:

I suspect they're working on the contrast because NOBODY likes it. And the default font is too small.

Okay so the new Ratings things are also crap. The other ratings Like, Thank You, Winner, Funny and Funny and Agree were better. Who the fuck wants an Angry Rating, it is VERY negative, it gives off Negative Vibes and will make peoples feel negative.

I agree, the font size has been increased.

Yes, that is noticeably better, although one more tick up wouldn't hurt if possible.

(EDIT - that looks like it did go up?)

Can anything be done about this contrast? Background is too much glare.

Feedback here...

Feedback? This:

Okay so the new Ratings things are also crap. The other ratings Like, Thank You, Winner, Funny and Funny and Agree were better. Who the fuck wants an Angry Rating, it is VERY negative, it gives off Negative Vibes and will make peoples feel negative.

Oosie.......... :smiliehug: You needed that.

Patience, dolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back