New Web Site Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can only “like” posts now? Too many snowflakes can’t handle being laughed at?

Why no Heads-Up thread this time? We have always had a Heads-Up thread whenever anything was going to be changed at the forum. This time ZERO just did it without warning. Why?

Yes. The new thing is also horrible. The old system we had until last night until without any warning we change to this new radical and annoying format we had a Disagree button, now we have an Angry button instead. This is not a good thing, there are things we can Disagree with this does NOT mean we are Angry with that person or what they have posted. This now will produce a Negative Vibe at this forum, with peoples thinking others are Angry at them as opposed to just Disagree with them.

That EVERYONES Ratings have been wiped must also have been to appease Snowflakes because they all seemed to have the lowest ratings and so now NO Ratings = Everyone Gets a Winner Trophy or something.
Lucy, we never had a disagree button. People just used "funny," which always pissed me off, so that's one good thing.

Okay sorry yes that was correct, The funny also annoyed me but we did not have an Angry button and I think an Angry button is very negative and will create a Negative Vibe that we do not want. We can disagree without being Angry.
My rootbeer just came out my nose. YOU said that? LOL

I'm sure this is a great upgrade, but .... the timing could not have been worse.
My daily life is entirely upside down, I'm drowning in new technology trying to figure out how to teach remotely, so NOW you change USMB?
View attachment 314244
I would entirely agree with that Old Lady but they took away my 'Agree.'
:) I'm going to really miss agree, thank you, informative, winner....and the new choice for laughter under "like" looks more like a mean, mocking laugh--I don't want to use it. I do a lot of "reacting" as they call it in this new fangled forum. Now I feel like I've been gagged.

And Admin--can you possibly make the emoji screen larger--it's so tiny I can barely make out what's there.

Those ratings were the best, Agree, Thank You, Informative, Winner. They created a Positive Vibe with eg a Thank You and many posts are Informative you might not be aware of something and someone posts about it and you would give them Informative.

You feel like you've been gagged, yes, I think that is the exact aim of this OL, to gag peoples, the only ones who will like the new format are Snowflakes because you know they are ANGRY about EVERYTHING and can not handle EVERYONE not agreeing with them and so removing EVERYONE'S Ratings solves that problem of Muh Feelings because if NOBODY has any Ratings anymore then EVERYONE is a Winner and gets a Participation Trophy etc.

I'm sure this is a great upgrade, but .... the timing could not have been worse.
My daily life is entirely upside down, I'm drowning in new technology trying to figure out how to teach remotely, so NOW you change USMB?
View attachment 314244
Wow? Sad? Angry? God, I think I'm gonna be sick. I feel like I just woke up and am in the movie 'Soylent Green.'

Not exactly sure when I'd ever want to post that I am sad or angry. Maybe when puppies die or they raise my taxes?

NEXT UP: My favorite color? Can we be anymore uselessly, tooth-etching PC?
Agreed.
I'm gonna do a lot more little tiny posts saying Agreed from now on, I guess. That thumbs up button has its place, but it's too general, imo. I suppose I'll eventually adjust.

You can only “like” posts now? Too many snowflakes can’t handle being laughed at?

Why no Heads-Up thread this time? We have always had a Heads-Up thread whenever anything was going to be changed at the forum. This time ZERO just did it without warning. Why?

Yes. The new thing is also horrible. The old system we had until last night until without any warning we change to this new radical and annoying format we had a Disagree button, now we have an Angry button instead. This is not a good thing, there are things we can Disagree with this does NOT mean we are Angry with that person or what they have posted. This now will produce a Negative Vibe at this forum, with peoples thinking others are Angry at them as opposed to just Disagree with them.

That EVERYONES Ratings have been wiped must also have been to appease Snowflakes because they all seemed to have the lowest ratings and so now NO Ratings = Everyone Gets a Winner Trophy or something.
Lucy, we never had a disagree button. People just used "funny," which always pissed me off, so that's one good thing.

Okay sorry yes that was correct, The funny also annoyed me but we did not have an Angry button and I think an Angry button is very negative and will create a Negative Vibe that we do not want. We can disagree without being Angry.
My rootbeer just came out my nose. YOU said that? LOL

Huh?

That EVERYONE'S Ratings have been wiped must also have been to appease Snowflakes because they all seemed to have the lowest ratings and so now NO Ratings = Everyone Gets a Winner Trophy or something.
Now Lucy, I could not AGREE with you more! But I don't actually LOVE you. But it was better than saying I LIKED you, thought you were funny, sad, made me angry or were amazing. If I rate IM2 as ANGRY, does that mean I'm THREATENING a member? Will I be sent to class for EMOTIONAL RETRAINING and reeducation? Why are all the ratings based on EMOTIONS totally unrelated to the actual intellectual content? And what is the point when all of these "emotions" are meaninglessly translated into a "reaction score?" Looks like USMB was sold some really bad software meant for people with 66 IQs.

And you are SO RIGHT about the Snowflakes: there were people on this board with 80-90% 'Funnies.' Being something of an old mathematician and programmer, it seems to me that any meaningful "reaction score" ought to have the capacity to swing POSITIVE and NEGATIVE. Like swinging from 0 thru +100 positive to -100 negative. Now at least that would make a little sense.

View attachment 314244
Wow? Sad? Angry? God, I think I'm gonna be sick. I feel like I just woke up and am in the movie 'Soylent Green.'

Not exactly sure when I'd ever want to post that I am sad or angry. Maybe when puppies die or they raise my taxes?

Agreed.
I'm gonna do a lot more little tiny posts saying Agreed from now on, I guess. That thumbs up button has its place, but it's too general, imo. I suppose I'll eventually adjust.

I liked the Thumbs Up and also Funny/Agree, apart from these posts I am doing in this thread, I will probably now only be using the PM function, I like the forum but this new format is not for me, been there done that with another forum that was abandoned because of this exact format.

That EVERYONE'S Ratings have been wiped must also have been to appease Snowflakes because they all seemed to have the lowest ratings and so now NO Ratings = Everyone Gets a Winner Trophy or something.
Now Lucy, I could not AGREE with you more! But I don't actually LOVE you. But it was better than saying I LIKED you, thought you were funny, sad, made me angry or were amazing. If I rate IM2 as ANGRY, does that mean I'm THREATENING a member? Will I be sent to class for EMOTIONAL RETRAINING and reeducation? Why are all the ratings based on EMOTIONS totally unrelated to the actual intellectual content? And what is the point when all of these "emotions" are meaninglessly translated into a "reaction score?" Looks like USMB was sold some really bad software meant for people with 66 IQs.

And you asre SO RIGHT about the Snowflakes: there were people on this board with 80-90% 'Funnies.' Being something of an old mathematician and programmer, it seems to me that any meaningful "reaction score" ought to have the capacity to swing POSITIVE and NEGATIVE. Like swinging from 0 thru +100 positive to -100 negative. Now at least that would make a little sense.

Yes yes yes and yes!

Under the old Pre-Snowflake Format I would have given you a Winner Rating, but now we are on Snowflake Format Muh Feelings Hurt Because Nobody Ever Gave Me A Winner Rating I can only give you a Liked Rating.

View attachment 314244

Agreed.

I liked the Thumbs Up and also Funny/Agree, apart from these posts I am doing in this thread, I will probably now only be using the PM function, I like the forum but this new format is not for me, been there done that with another forum that was abandoned because of this exact format.
Only using PM's? That won't do, Lucy. We would miss you.

View attachment 314244
:) I'm going to really miss agree, thank you, informative, winner....and the new choice for laughter under "like" looks more like a mean, mocking laugh--I don't want to use it. I do a lot of "reacting" as they call it in this new fangled forum. Now I feel like I've been gagged.

And Admin--can you possibly make the emoji screen larger--it's so tiny I can barely make out what's there.
I could not AGREE more. THANK YOU, WINNER, AGREE, INFORMATIVE was a very good QUALITATIVE SYSTEM for rating what you thought of a post. I have no "feelings" about a post. I may agree or disagree (slightly or strongly) but I never "like", or feel "sad" or "angry" over what I read.

I can see there are many things that are fixed and / or improved by the new software, but the administrators ought to have better control over the user features (I want ratings back and qualitative ratings like Thank You, Winner, Funny, Informative, Agree and Disagree), they can take the "reaction score" and Emoticon Ratings and FLUSH THEM. They are literally OFFENSIVE. And the users ought to have more control over how their posts and the page LOOKS (I'm saying that not yet having explored any new options).

And you are SO RIGHT about the Snowflakes: there were people on this board with 80-90% 'Funnies.' Being something of an old mathematician and programmer, it seems to me that any meaningful "reaction score" ought to have the capacity to swing POSITIVE and NEGATIVE. Like swinging from 0 thru +100 positive to -100 negative. Now at least that would make a little sense.

"Why are all the ratings based on EMOTIONS totally unrelated to the actual intellectual content? "

Welcome to Clown World! They say they are still fixing things etc and so I'm thinking when they have fixed everything is there going to be a Muh Feelings Are Hurt section called:

PUPPIES AND PLAY DOH SECTION.

On the contrary, the last time I remember such a big change (or maybe it was two times ago), Jillian and I easily had the highest rep. Then it was zeroed out and all the conservative Petals were in the green. Now it's back to zero again. Pfffftttt..

View attachment 314244

Yes OL totally agree with everything you just comment. Many are already commenting they find zero good about the new format, the forum has regressed already we have regressed to a terrible format that has next to zero positives. Peoples will not get used to this format we will see members post less and also just leave the forum, the way happened with a forum I and others used to be on, we all left because the format was terrible and it was the same format as this forum now has. We all came here at first because we liked the format and that format now down the toilet.
I AGREE. The look now is very generic. Very much like I've seen elsewhere, like there is some company out there writing universal one-size-fits-all social software deciding how everyone should look, and probably making a killing at it. I have a mind to give up rating posts at all because none of the ratings seem to apply (except HaHa if I think something is funny, which was the one I least used before).

Between this, Covid-19 closures and restrictions, Liquor Stores being closed, etc., I think I might just stick an ice pick in my ear and end it now. Beautiful timing.

View attachment 314244

Agreed.

Only using PM's? That won't do, Lucy. We would miss you.

This format is not suited, I can barely tolerate the PM format. I will miss you also but that's how it goes. I'm just giving my thoughts in this thread, I do not think it would be possible for me to go through this new format on a daily basis with the loss of proper Ratings to give to posts, the Edit function being inferior to the old one and the other negative aspects of this new format.

View attachment 314244

You feel like you've been gagged, yes, I think that is the exact aim of this OL, to gag peoples, ~ ~ ~ because if NOBODY has any Ratings anymore then EVERYONE is a Winner and gets a Participation Trophy etc.

It's called Attempted Social Engineering. The desire to reprogram thought and behavior into the Stepford Wives. Make us all good, happy, content citizens. Unfortunately that crap does not work on me.

I just wonder how much money the NSA paid for USMB...

Welcome to Clown World....Honk Honk....

1584956011123.png

Between this, Covid-19 closures and restrictions, Liquor Stores being closed, etc., I think I might just stick an ice pick in my ear and end it now. Beautiful timing.
Can I borrow it when you're done?

View attachment 314244

You feel like you've been gagged, yes, I think that is the exact aim of this OL, to gag peoples, ~ ~ ~ because if NOBODY has any Ratings anymore then EVERYONE is a Winner and gets a Participation Trophy etc.

It's called Attempted Social Engineering. The desire to reprogram thought and behavior into the Stepford Wives. Make us all good, happy, content citizens. Unfortunately that crap does not work on me.

That crap does not work on me also.

On the contrary, the last time I remember such a big change (or maybe it was two times ago), Jillian and I easily had the highest rep. Then it was zeroed out and all the conservative Petals were in the green. Now it's back to zero again. Pfffftttt..

^^^^ Funniest post probably EVAH :abgg2q.jpg:

And you asre SO RIGHT about the Snowflakes: there were people on this board with 80-90% 'Funnies.' Being something of an old mathematician and programmer, it seems to me that any meaningful "reaction score" ought to have the capacity to swing POSITIVE and NEGATIVE. Like swinging from 0 thru +100 positive to -100 negative. Now at least that would make a little sense.

Yes yes yes and yes!

Under the old Pre-Snowflake Format I would have given you a Winner Rating, but now we are on Snowflake Format Muh Feelings Hurt Because Nobody Ever Gave Me A Winner Rating I can only give you a Liked Rating.
That deserves a Winner or Thank You. I love your PRE-SNOWFLAKE and POST-SNOWFLAKE GOT TO APPEASE THE JACKASSES format analysis, it is spot on. I'm of a mind to totally abandon giving anyone any ratings at all which will make the Reaction Scores totally meaningless and we both know all the flaming turds on the forum will now be running around giving everyone they don't like or agree with or supports Trump ANGRY ratings trying to ruin their "reaction scores.

USMB just became a PRO-ASSHOLE supporting forum. The bigger the jerk or idiot you are, the better you'll fit in and like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back