New Web Site Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you highlight text in a message you can add that highlight to the multiquote queue, or you can reply directly to the highlighted portion. So the quote system is actually more advanced now.

As far as changing the divider between posts to make it more visible, I'm working on that now.

so all this mess is YOUR fault????? :102:

(then I see the 'got my eye on you' type smiley is missing......good grief

that's your whole context of whatever the point was.

yet all too often in those pissing matches, the argument went way beyond any point or context of the original quote. The actual point or context should be within the thread topic anyway. So I'm not upset if we lose the string one bit.

Actually I just checked out an old post and I saw seven levels of quotes nested. Yay!

Sure, degradation happens, no question. But leave us not throw the baby out with the bathwater. It's simple enough to follow the links back.

that's your whole context of whatever the point was.

yet all too often in those pissing matches, the argument went way beyond any point or context of the original quote. The actual point or context should be within the thread topic anyway. So I'm not upset if we lose the string one bit.

Actually I just checked out an old post and I saw seven levels of quotes nested. Yay!

Sure, degradation happens, no question. But leave us not throw the baby out with the bathwater. It's simple enough to follow the links back.

dammit.....that was short lived.

I don't think that's a good thing (losing the quote nest) if true --- that's your whole context of whatever the point was.

If you highlight text in a message you can add that highlight to the multiquote queue, or you can reply directly to the highlighted portion. So the quote system is actually more advanced now.

As far as changing the divider between posts to make it more visible, I'm working on that now.

Edit: I see you were talking about nested quotes and we've installed an addon that allows nested quotes.

Thanks for that. :thup:

It turns out that the post I was trying to quote was in the thread that Kat had just closed, guess that's why I got nothing. However it's impossible to tell that the thread is closed just looking at the post.

The biggest drawback I have is that this is so hard to read. Very little contrast.

You can only “like” posts now? Too many snowflakes can’t handle being laughed at?

NO, it's set up like on FB...……….hover your cursor over the like and other reactions are available
Ah I see. Still not as good. Why do forums always have to “upgrade” to crappier formats?

I don't think that's a good thing (losing the quote nest) if true --- that's your whole context of whatever the point was.

Edit: I see you were talking about nested quotes and we've installed an addon that allows nested quotes.

Thanks for that. :thup:

It turns out that the post I was trying to quote was in the thread that Kat had just closed, guess that's why I got nothing. However it's impossible to tell that the thread is closed just looking at the post.

The biggest drawback I have is that this is so hard to read. Very little contrast.

Drink less MD20!

This one?:1peleas:

Ah I see. Still not as good. Why do forums always have to “upgrade” to crappier formats?

Unfortunately the company stopped supporting the software we were running... so an upgrade was pretty much required. The old one had security errors, didn't work properly on mobile and doesn't support the version of PHP that the server is now running. We really had no choice....

Dammnit I don't see any way to EDIT!
1584939095495.png

EDIT --- found it. Almost impossible to see. But my gif thing doesn't run back and forth :crybaby:

Yeah...…where'd you find it?

I'll tell you but you have to be nice to me for a WHOLE HOUR. :eek:

It's in the bunch of smilies, just hard to see because they're all so small now, about maybe 2/3 of the way down. They done been rearranged.

It's in the bunch of smilies, just hard to see because they're all so small now, about maybe 2/3 of the way down. They done been rearranged.

not on your life sucka

you're just lucky I've been nice in this thread

Below your post, in a very light gray small font.

the smiley??? I only see other social media platforms to share it, or the clip to attach files. ...…...i'm so confused

He thought you were talking about the edit button --- which is below your sigline, scroll down about six miles.

The smiley is in the smiley bin, it's just been shrunk and rearranged.

not on your life sucka

you're just lucky I've been nice in this thread

That's more like it. :thup:

To quote Lou Grant, you've got spunk.

btw......thanks I found it

Times up, no more Mrs Nice :tongue-44:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back