New way to fly fish

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Since fishing is considered a sport, I reckon this is as good as any forum to use.

We've all seen fly fishing as the fisherman waves the bait above the water till the fish leaps out of the water to strike it.

Funny thing, sharks seem to do it with parasailers as well.

Since fishing is considered a sport, I reckon this is as good as any forum to use.

We've all seen fly fishing as the fisherman waves the bait above the water till the fish leaps out of the water to strike it.

Fly fishing is an art and not a skill.

Sure, but if they had this on ESPN, people would not be watching it for the art.

Most would still pay money to watch though.

Sure, but if they had this on ESPN, people would not be watching it for the art.

Most would still pay money to wa
A Rainbow Trout was caught in Big Darby Creek using hand made flies but Grandpa unhooked it and turned it loose.

A Rainbow Trout was caught in Big Darby Creek using hand made flies but Grandpa unhooked it and turned it loose.

catch and release is the law among serious anglers

Rainbow Trout was caught in Big Darby Creek using hand made flies but Grandpa unhooked it and turned it loose.

Fishing for Large Mouth Bass in ponds and lakes around here
with hand tied bee flies is fricking awesome.

Snag a four pounder on a fly rod, and you'll think that shark in the OP is on the line ... :auiqs.jpg:

1625241687566.png

I'm a serious angler but won't eat a bottom feeder like a Catfish or a Carp. Steelhead Trout, tasty but have to be killed before filleting, usually by a hard blow to the brain using the blunt side of a fillet knife.

Except in the cases of ponds or small lakes in excess of 6 feet deep.

If you don't routinely take fish out, it will aid and abed the pond or small lake in turning over and killing all (or most) of the fish.
It stunts the growth of all the game fish as well if you don't put pressure on the pond.

Yea, last I checked no sharks actually released their catch.

But I suppose you could sue.

Used to do a little fly fishing years ago.
Being able to pick up your fly and lay it down again a few feet over sure makes it easy to cover an area quickly.
But then you miss the water between you and the bank.

I'm a serious angler but won't eat a bottom feeder like a Catfish or a Carp. Steelhead Trout, tasty but have to be killed before filleting, usually by a hard blow to the brain using the blunt side of a fillet knife.
[

I release all wild game fish

Jimmy_Chitwood

I'll keep a few if they're on the list of my favorite eating fish.
Flounder,Specs,Redfish, Crappie,Mahi Mahi and Red Snapper are always welcome for dinner.

I love fish as well including all the ones you listed

However I really enjoy catching nice fish so I like to release my catch to try and keep the quality of the fishing hi and then get my fish at the Market

I mostly fish streams and usually remote Mountain trout streams with wild trout

In my experience the best places to fish have a very low Harvest

Sometimes that is posted property and requires a little trespassing

Forum List

Back