New USMB member Pic Thread

Hard at work snow blowing
GdtXa7w.jpg
in Maine.

Barn I built 2000 in Maine. Sooted up Cyndy drives by there occasionally.

ALZ95K9.jpg

3KIFZfe.jpg

Deep in thought, or somthang

r4UsUd2.jpg

I was born to be a farmer. Alas, Dad tried to get me there, but Ma had other plans. Bitch.
And yes, I called her a bitch. We were never close. My dad and me? Two peas in a pod and hooked at the hip. Then he died when I was 17. I told Ma to kiss my ass and never went back home. Found out she was dead 2 weeks after she died. Still have not shed one tear and its been about 15 years now.

I envy those who have critters. Cows, pigs, horses, dogs, wildlife in general. Course, I couldn't be a farmer that ate my animals. They'd all be pets.

I envy those who have critters. Cows, pigs, horses, dogs, wildlife in general. Course, I couldn't be a farmer that ate my animals. They'd all be pets.

I did eat horsemeat once, when I lived in France. I don't recommend it. It's tough.

However I can honestly say I've never eaten wildlife in general, so that's good, right?

I did eat horsemeat once, when I lived in France. I don't recommend it. It's tough.
Supposed to cook it first then it's not tough at all, ever.

Ate it for years in the AF. (big bust and scandal eventually) Cooks got money to buy us beef, they bought horsemeat, pocketed the rest the $$$.

It wasn't bad at all once you get past the fact it is always scarlet red. Very tender cooked right, nutritional. People would still be eating it but for fed laws. Too many horses, too much glue but feds say "no eat horsemeat" So it rots on the land or made into dog food. Stupid people, it's meat. Don't want meat, eat lettuce I don't care.

Supposed to cook it first then it's not tough at all, ever.

Ate it for years in the AF. (big bust and scandal eventually) Cooks got money to buy us beef, they bought horsemeat, pocketed the rest the $$$.

It wasn't bad at all once you get past the fact it is always scarlet red. Very tender cooked right, nutritional. People would still be eating it but for fed laws. Too many horses, too much glue but feds say "no eat horsemeat" So it rots on the land or made into dog food. Stupid people, it's meat. Don't want meat, eat lettuce I don't care.

This was cooked, and it was tough. I guarantee. I didn't cook it myself.

This was cooked, and it was tough. I guarantee. I didn't cook it myself.

Damn, must have been an old horse! They pretty much always disguised ours as "Salisbury steak" which they cooked a looooong time. Tender and tasty even though we knew it was horse. Of course like any large animal their are "cuts" and there are cuts, and ways to prepare. I have had melt in your mouth venison and shoe leather venison, lots of variables.

Forum List

Back