New USMB member Pic Thread

Back in the day, every once in awhile, I'd have someone stop me in the street and ask me if I was the movie actor Peter Coyote.
Never knew if that was a good thing or a bad thing?

I've been told, on different occasions, that I resemble the actors Richard Thomas, Bill Murray, and Danny DeVito. I don't see any of these resemblances. Perhaps, in some alternate reality, where all three of these men looked alike, they might look like me; but as it is, I don't see that any of them look like one another, nor like me.

About 20 years ago,,,

kjduqRX.jpg

10 years ago with one of my boys, he is 17 now.

mz4mSM4.jpg

Oh maybe 12 years on this one.

GHBNE6S.jpg

Maybe 6-7 years here

ZzTYc4e.jpg

You should be a WV Mountaineer!
You look like a mountain man that turned into a sheriff that turned into a watermelon grower, lol. Handsome! Love the furry face pic!

Why the nic of Shawnee? Are you of that Tribe?

Waiting for the queen of prettiest pics ever.....Skye. I'd use the @ but it isn't working.

I've long had a weak desire, for no good reason, to own a genuine Stetson hat. Not nearly strong enough that I would ever think of paying for it what any genuine Stetson hat would ever cost.

A few weeks ago, a Stetson came through the thrift store where I've been doing “light-duty” work until I am recovered enough from my injury to return to real work.

Very much against my advice, it ended up being priced at only $4.99, which, with the 70% discount that I get for working there, came to $3.49.

Not sure how often I'll actually have occasion to wear it, but I wore it today, just to get pictures taken of me in it, just because there's this new thread that wants us to post pictures of ourselves. So here's me, wearing my $3.49 genuine Stetson hat, that is surely worth a lot more than $3.49, or even the $4.99 that it would have cost without my discount.

View attachment 416742
I always thought you were like 50 years old, young at heart I guess

For my own protection, I prefer to remain anonymous. In today's cancel culture, it can be dangerous for people to freely express their opinions open for the public to see.

For me, that's a ship that sailed a long time ago. Before the public had access to, or even knew about the Internet, before social media as we now know it even thought of existing, back in the ancient days when serious computer nerds communicated over localized BBSes that one would call in to directly with a modem, I used my real name, and generally wasn't shy about revealing who I was, and other general details about myself, what area I lived in, what sort of work I did, and such. It just isn't really in my nature to be secretive about such things. It could happen that someone could gather a collection of information about me, and use it against me for some malicious purpose, but in about forty years, give or take a few, it hasn't ever really become a problem for me. In any event, it's way too late for me to try to start hiding now. My footprints are all over the Internet.

Last edited:

Actually, this very day, today, is my 58th birthday. I have a solid idea in my head as to what a guy in his fifties, and now almost sixties, ought to look like, and when I look in the mirror, I do not see it. I guess, for all the various advantages and disadvantages that life has given me, at least I've aged better than many. It took a nasty injury, more than a year ago, and some setbacks in its healing, to disable me to the degree that some guys achieve by my age just from age alone; and with any luck, some month from now, I'll be back to the same level of activity and ability that I had before my injury.

Actually, this very day, today, is my 58th birthday. I have a solid idea in my head as to what a guy in his fifties, and now almost sixties, ought to look like, and when I look in the mirror, I do not see it. I guess, for all the various advantages and disadvantages that life has given me, at least I've aged better than many. It took a nasty injury, more than a year ago, and some setbacks in its healing, to disable me to the degree that some guys achieve by my age just from age alone; and with any luck, some month from now, I'll be back to the same level of activity and ability that I had before my injury.
Holy shit, sorry pal.

I've long had a weak desire, for no good reason, to own a genuine Stetson hat. Not nearly strong enough that I would ever think of paying for it what any genuine Stetson hat would ever cost.

A few weeks ago, a Stetson came through the thrift store where I've been doing “light-duty” work until I am recovered enough from my injury to return to real work.

Very much against my advice, it ended up being priced at only $4.99, which, with the 70% discount that I get for working there, came to $3.49.

Not sure how often I'll actually have occasion to wear it, but I wore it today, just to get pictures taken of me in it, just because there's this new thread that wants us to post pictures of ourselves. So here's me, wearing my $3.49 genuine Stetson hat, that is surely worth a lot more than $3.49, or even the $4.99 that it would have cost without my discount.

View attachment 416742

Cavalry issue Stetson. I paid $150.00 for the hat, $30.00 for the cord in 2012. Picture was taken in 2017

1605506352424.png

Cavalry issue Stetson. I paid $150.00 for the hat, $30.00 for the cord in 2012. Picture was taken in 2017
Is that of recent manufacture, or is that a vintage piece, dating back to when the Cavalry wore that style as a regular part of their uniform?

Just now thinking to look on Stetson's site, I see that they do have a “Cavalry” hat that could be the one you have, minus some decorative add-ons. $225.

I also find my hat, appears to be the “Open Road Straw¨, not as close to their bottom-of-the-line as I thought. Their price for it is $130. I guess I got a really good deal, paying only $3.49 for mine, even if mine is missing a metal “branding iron” decoration at the side bow, that the pictures on Stetson's site show it with.

Forum List

Back