New Mexico Burning

Got an email from my brother late last night. He's lived in the hills near La Vegas, NM for at least fifteen years now. Says they've been hurriedly moving everything to a friend's house in Sante Fe. Things look baaaaaad in any case..

Anyone else caught up in this? Is it "Climate Change" related? Could in be.. SATAN!
What an over dramatic, thread title.

My brother says they dodged the bullet for now, but they're still moving their stuff out..

They've evacuated now, but my brother says he'll return tomorrow to try and retrieve his significant other's prescription glasses and hopes not to find a charred ruin. He says "we have heard that the fire is only 1.5 miles from our house and may have jumped the fire break the crews had established to contain it. It’s awfully smoky even here in Eldorado. It’s been very difficult to breathe and sleep and I see no end in sight."

They went back today and succeeded in retrieving the glasses. My bro says they put up some newfangled firebreaks that actually worked. Dodged it again.. but the house is mighty smelly, so they're just going to let it air out for a month before trying to live there again.

Lots of pine and dry conditions with increased incursion by humans and maybe even intentional arson. Maybe the global warming crowd has become radicalized. The scorched earth cliche becomes a reality. Another cliche "we put a man on the moon" but we can't seem to build the machines that can contain a wild fire.

Forum List

Back