New Mexico Burning

Grumblenuts

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2017
Got an email from my brother late last night. He's lived in the hills near La Vegas, NM for at least fifteen years now. Says they've been hurriedly moving everything to a friend's house in Sante Fe. Things look baaaaaad in any case..

Anyone else caught up in this? Is it "Climate Change" related? Could in be.. SATAN!

Got an email from my brother late last night. He's lived in the hills near La Vegas, NM for at least fifteen years now. Says they've been hurriedly moving everything to a friend's house in Sante Fe. Things look baaaaaad in any case..

Anyone else caught up in this? Is it "Climate Change" related? Could in be.. SATAN!
Texas was on fire, could this be Satan!!

Grant's Monday Evening Forecast

Windy weather will continue to fan the flames of wildfires burning in New Mexico this week. More days will bring a high fire danger than not through next week.
Winds once again bring a very high fire danger across New Mexico Monday when combined with extremely dry conditions and warm weather. Overnight the winds will die down as a weak backdoor cold front moves into the eastern half of the state. Areas of very heavy smoke and poor air quality will settle into areas around Las Vegas and Santa Fe by early tomorrow morning. Southerly winds will pick up Tuesday afternoon, pushing smoke and fires north. Winds will gust to over 30 mph across much of northern New Mexico where another Red Flag Warning will go into effect.
Strong winds return again Wednesday afternoon. Winds turn back to out of the west with gusts over 30 mph again. Westerly winds will also be bringing in extremely dry air which will bring yet another high fire danger. Another Red Flag Warning will go into effect across parts of the state. A cold front will also sweep across New Mexico on Wednesday, dropping temperatures a few degrees in the afternoon.
We finally see a break from the winds on Thursday though as upper level winds relax for a couple days. This quieter weather will also bring with it much warmer temperatures heading into the weekend. It is short lived though as a strong storm system will scrape across the state again this weekend. This storm will not bring any moisture, but could bring damaging wind gusts. Areas of blowing dust and very warm temperatures will arrive Saturday. Of course, this also means more very high fire danger through the weekend and likely into next week.

Damn, it does not look like there is much to burn.....Is his a more brushy hill?

Shit gets dry in the desert....Just sayin'.

blue-diamond-hills-area-near-las-vegas-view-off-road-trails-just-outside-nevada-104718377.jpg

Was the town alerted by the herds of wetbacks fleeing from the countryside?

Damn, it does not look like there is much to burn.....Is his a more brushy hill?

Shit gets dry in the desert....Just sayin'.

blue-diamond-hills-area-near-las-vegas-view-off-road-trails-just-outside-nevada-104718377.jpg
I was out there on business shortly after the Los Alamos fire. It was God Awful. Never seen anything like it east of the Mississippi.

I remember the Cedar Fire in San Diego in 2003. We were evacuated and stayed with my brother in law and his family.

The only thing that saved our home (and many others) was the decision of a local fire department Captain, whose men and two fire trucks were to respond only to things like traffic accidents, etc,, to takes his two trucks onto the hills behind our house development. You could see the burn line which is where the flames hit the fire retardant. It was withing 1,000 yeards of the homes in that area. There was nothing between the flames and our homes which would've saved them.

The Captain was then fired by the city for deviating from what his responsibilities were that evening. About 300 of us descended on City Hall for an emergency town council meeting, and we assured them that if they didn't hire the Captain back that we would see to it that every last one of them was out of a job. They held a vote at that meeting and the decision to bring the Captain back was unanimous.

I'll take Florida hurricanes over California fires any time...

I remember the Cedar Fire in San Diego in 2003. We were evacuated and stayed with my brother in law and his family.

The only thing that saved our home (and many others) was the decision of a local fire department Captain, whose men and two fire trucks were to respond only to things like traffic accidents, etc,, to takes his two trucks onto the hills behind our house development. You could see the burn line which is where the flames hit the fire retardant. It was withing 1,000 yeards of the homes in that area. There was nothing between the flames and our homes which would've saved them.

The Captain was then fired by the city for deviating from what his responsibilities were that evening. About 300 of us descended on City Hall for an emergency town council meeting, and we assured them that if they didn't hire the Captain back that we would see to it that every last one of them was out of a job. They held a vote at that meeting and the decision to bring the Captain back was unanimous.

I'll take Florida hurricanes over California fires any time...
Good job.

How could their backs be wet in a desert ?
wp7780980.jpg
A buddy of mine grew up on a farm in NM about 100 miles from the border.

He said Border Patrol every year or so would raid the area and scoop up all the wets.

He told me..."Damndest thing...they would send em down to Mexico...drop em off...them sweaty MFers would be back the ...NEXT DAY".

A buddy of mine grew up on a farm in NM about 100 miles from the border.

He said Border Patrol every year or so would raid the area and scoop up all the wets.

He told me..."Damndest thing...they would send em down to Mexico...drop em off...them sweaty MFers would be back the ...NEXT DAY".
Thats because them wetbacks took spray paint and crossed out the new in welcome to New Mexico.
Meatheads dropped them off in the wrong place

Here's a thread about a natural disaster and we've already got trolls trying to make it about their own personal bigotry and political partisanship.

How about a thought for the human beings in the path of the blaze?

Forum List

Back