New Hampshire Lawmakers Pass Law Allowing Parental Objections To Curriculum

Parents could always object to schools. In fact, they have an option many use. It's called "Home School".

It gets really personal for parents on this subject, but being a parent does not make one an expert on everything in the universe. I agree the schools should not focus on providing values beyond the educational to students, but parents having absolute control over the content that children learn in the classroom is insanity.

I tend to agree it would be pretty impractical if a lot of people did it. But this sounds like it's for the fringe cases - it will likely be used only to block specific subjects parents find objectionable. Most people aren't going to be able to afford the charges (depending on how substantial they are), and most of those willing to pay more for control over their child's education will probably home school or find a private school they like better.

That said, I like this topic because it shines a light on the problems inherent in making something a government service that doesn't need to be.

I suspect that the charges should be whatever would normally have gone in from taxpayer money should be payed out of pocket by the parent.

The interesting bit is that, as far as I've know, most schools have traditionally been willing to work around isolated issues that parents find objectionable. For free. By formalizing it, and putting a price tag on it, the Tea Party folks could be screwing themselves. Maybe the schools in NH were taking a hardline approach lately and that's what prompted this.

I tend to agree it would be pretty impractical if a lot of people did it. But this sounds like it's for the fringe cases - it will likely be used only to block specific subjects parents find objectionable. Most people aren't going to be able to afford the charges (depending on how substantial they are), and most of those willing to pay more for control over their child's education will probably home school or find a private school they like better.

That said, I like this topic because it shines a light on the problems inherent in making something a government service that doesn't need to be.

I suspect that the charges should be whatever would normally have gone in from taxpayer money should be payed out of pocket by the parent.

The interesting bit is that, as far as I've know, most schools have traditionally been willing to work around isolated issues that parents find objectionable. For free. By formalizing it, and putting a price tag on it, the Tea Party folks could be screwing themselves. Maybe the schools in NH were taking a hardline approach lately and that's what prompted this.

It's been a while but I remember back in high school they did allow for parents to opt a child out of non-core curriculum.

Parents could always object to schools. In fact, they have an option many use. It's called "Home School".

That's a specious point. Telling someone they can choose not using a service they've paid for is hardly giving them an option. Unless you're speaking up for vouchers or something, which I'm assuming you're not.

Kid, don't get your frilly panties in a wad. You forget that you support government indoctrination of schoolkids, and you oppose parents instilling their own values in their kids. You called it "brainwashing".

I also love it when he does this thing where he tells you what you believe.

I can see how your parenting must be, no wonder you want absolute control.
Ahhh, so now we're playing "the liberal didn't say what he said".

Pathetic. :lol:

Oh, and how many kids have you raised?

No, it's "that person didn't say anything that would even come close to corresponding to what you say he said, so I'll just claim I'm a better parent because not just anyone can stick their dick into the opposite member of the species!"

That's a specious point. Telling someone they can choose not using a service they've paid for is hardly giving them an option. Unless you're speaking up for vouchers or something, which I'm assuming you're not.

Actually, I would be entirely for vouchers as long as the home schooled child can demonstrate effective knowledge of the required curriculum.

I also love it when he does this thing where he tells you what you believe.

I can see how your parenting must be, no wonder you want absolute control.

No, it's "that person didn't say anything that would even come close to corresponding to what you say he said, so I'll just claim I'm a better parent because not just anyone can stick their dick into the opposite member of the species!"
Oh, horseshit.

And how many kids have you raised?

You know, being a liberal does NOT mean you're an expert on everything. Read my sig.

Oh, horseshit.

You know, being a liberal does NOT mean you're an expert on everything. Read my sig.

fr-draught1.jpg

Oh, horseshit.

fr-draught1.jpg

So, you have no kids, and you DO consider yourself an expert on parenting.

I hope you're better at science than this, kid, or your career's going to awfully short.

Republicans tell liberals to leave the country all the time. The majority of what made this country great comes from liberals.

Look at what Republicans say about science and scientists. Says loads right there.

I hope you're better at science than this, kid, or your career's going to awfully short.

The funny bit about this is you think it makes you special.

You guys can make a point without putting up these kinds of pictures.

At this point I'm not sure he can understanding anything without pictures.

Cattle%20matting.jpg

Is this a jab at "breeders"? :lol:

I don't think it makes me special. I think it makes me fit in with 98% of the billions of people on this planet.

Meanwhile, someone who's single, childless, and with no interest in having children thinks he's an expert in parenting.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You're dismissed, kid. Come back when you can stop being stupid.

Cattle%20matting.jpg

Is this a jab at "breeders"? :lol:

I don't think it makes me special. I think it makes me fit in with 98% of the billions of people on this planet.

Meanwhile, someone who's single, childless, and with no interest in having children thinks he's an expert in parenting.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You're dismissed, kid. Come back when you can stop being stupid.

I reiterate, sticking your dick in a member of the opposite sex does not make you better at educating the result.

Republicans tell liberals to leave the country all the time. The majority of what made this country great comes from liberals.

Look at what Republicans say about science and scientists. Says loads right there.

Hey Deanie Weenie... trying to slink away still?? Gonna fess up to your bullshit yet??

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-should-demand-paychecks-not-food-stamps.html

I can keep this up a LONG time

ROFL! If that statement is even true, perhaps Republicans are reminding the 'promise' that liberals made to leave the country. :D

Forum List

Back