New Dream Theater.

I appreciate Jordan Rudess' immense talent. The band has never done much for me.

New liquid tension experiment out also..... Mike Portnoy is one of the busiest drummers in the business for sure.

I think sometimes he probably regrets leaving Dream Theater.... never thought they would find anyone to replace him.

New Dream Theater​

OK, I get it now. This is a metal rock band! I came here thinking someone had come out with a new type of entertainment involving dreams, in a theater. :SMILEW~130:

The music's not bad for metal, still I have a hard time finding anyone who does metal better than the originals: Black Sabbath.

Throw in a touch of Synergy, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schultz, Mahavishnu, Kraftwerk and Tomita and we got something!

As much as I like mike Portnoy, I think it's killing him
that Dream Theater moved on without him, and he can only blame himself, for bailing at the peak of their careers.

Now he's spreading himself thin with 10 different bands
trying to justify it.

Last edited:
Classic shot of young Jordan Rudess with Rick Wakeman.
jordan and rick.jpg

OK, I get it now. This is a metal rock band! I came here thinking someone had come out with a new type of entertainment involving dreams, in a theater. :SMILEW~130:

The music's not bad for metal, still I have a hard time finding anyone who does metal better than the originals: Black Sabbath.

Throw in a touch of Synergy, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schultz, Mahavishnu, Kraftwerk and Tomita and we got something!
Best rock/metal/ whatever band of the 90's by far.

Take the Time~ Live in Tokyo, 1993
With Kevin Moore the original keyboard player

Last edited:
Best rock/metal/ whatever band of the 90's by far.

Yep. My impression was that it was listenable stuff, a step above the typical rock metal of newer bands. I even saved it to my online music video list and I'm pretty picky.

Then it got nearer to the end and the band suddenly cranked it up to ten point five, and I have to tell you Angie that is some fucking hot shit!

I don't know who that guitarist is but I'm going to keep an eye on him, he is in the same technical league as the finest guitarist of the 20th century and impressed the livin' shit out of me.

Thank you.

Yep. My impression was that it was listenable stuff, a step above the typical rock metal of newer bands. I even saved it to my online music video list and I'm pretty picky.

Then it got nearer to the end and the band suddenly cranked it up to ten point five, and I have to tell you Angie that is some fucking hot shit!

I don't know who that guitarist is but I'm going to keep an eye on him, he is in the same technical league as the finest guitarist of the 20th century and impressed the livin' shit out of me.

Thank you.
They have an interesting history.....the guitarist, bass player and drummer all met at Berkley College of Music in Boston in 1985 and after some ups and downs they're still going strong.
The keyboard player, drummer and the guitarist also have an instrumental band with Tony Levin on bass (King Crimson, Peter Gabriel....) --Liquid Tension Experiment.

Forum List

Back