New data indicates america on the verge of civil war and neither side will back off

New data indicates America on the verge of civil war, and neither side will back off

Will the United States soon enter a second civil war? Polling data from Georgetown University shows that an overwhelming majority of Americans believe a civil war is coming down the pike — and most people aren’t actually willing to make the changes necessary to stop it. Across the board, Americans are doubling down on their political values and are refusing to compromise on the issues tearing the country apart.

The demonic trash would love nothing more for a war to start so they can blame everyone else but themselves. Retards aren't every intelligent what's worse they have all their chromosomes , DNA

The liberals are punks and will get stomped on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the short term, true - but then they will become like ISIS and start engaging in terror.

The democrats have spent years making alliances with the Mexican drug cartels. They intend to use cartel soldiers in their war to end America. The Cartels have no chance in a straight up fight against Americans, but are masters of terrorism. This is how the democrat intend to defeat the Americans, with an ISIS style terror war fought using Cartel mercenaries.

I think the Americans will prevail against the democrats, but it WILL be bloody.

Dude, c’mon.

democrats are the major factor behind illegal immigration, promoting and protecting it. But as for boots on the ground actually moving illegal in, the cartels are heavy in it.

{In August, an Ecuadorian immigrant venturing to the U.S. was detained by the Zetas — a notorious Mexican drug cartel — with a group of 72 other immigrants containing both men and women. Due to their unwillingness to work for the cartel, all were shot dead while the one escaped.

There are two ways this can be viewed: Either the cartels are growing bigger, so they need more people to smuggle drugs into the U.S. — and there is no better way than to use those who are successful at getting in — or the cartels are weakening and have no choice but to coerce illegal immigrants to do their bidding.

I might have to go with the latter. When cartels are not generating high drug revenues from their core business, they tend to resort to other illegal activities, such as prostitution and people-smuggling. Supposedly, people-smuggling is a $6.6 billion industry in Mexico. For obvious reasons, this has captured the attention of the cartels.}

Illegal immigration and drug cartels

Illegal immigration then is a joint venture between the cartels and the democrats.

Yep, the tribes appear to be dug in.

The rest of us will have to clean up the mess.

Can't do this with the wingers on USMB, but YOU might like to take a look at the ACTUAL poll... The Examiner buried a MORE important result.. Or I'm too drunk to think.. LOL...

Full Graphics and Slides - GU Politics

That's a summary of the few questions they asked. I didn't look at methodology.. But check out this slide..

View attachment 260941

Now if I'm not tripping, looks like BOTH Dems and Repubs blame BOTH party leaderships for "increases in bad behavior.. Because the Repub and Dem political leaders were separate questions and in both cases, it was OVERWHELMINGLY a factor in their minds. Very few "A little" or "Not at All" for either of them..

WHICH is GREAT news. Because the side that you and I are on just got enormous !!! :113: And the parties are doomed like they deserve to be....
Interesting. Which will it be -- at some point enough people have had enough and push back, or this all continues all the way down the toilet? We'll see.

There has to be enough decency remaining. I hope so.

If folks want politicians to do THEIR business and make smart problem solving a virtue, they will have to punish the parties by not "voting for winners" and vote for do-ers. Best way to do that, is to ENCOURAGE qualified people to run as Independents and not call them "spoilers"..

People you LIKED as Repubs or Dems just appear smarter, more honest, and less combative when they are NOT puppets of a party that want TOTAL domination of the sources of power and are speaking and acting for themselves...

Can't do this with the wingers on USMB, but YOU might like to take a look at the ACTUAL poll... The Examiner buried a MORE important result.. Or I'm too drunk to think.. LOL...

That's a summary of the few questions they asked. I didn't look at methodology.. But check out this slide..

View attachment 260941

Now if I'm not tripping, looks like BOTH Dems and Repubs blame BOTH party leaderships for "increases in bad behavior.. Because the Repub and Dem political leaders were separate questions and in both cases, it was OVERWHELMINGLY a factor in their minds. Very few "A little" or "Not at All" for either of them..

WHICH is GREAT news. Because the side that you and I are on just got enormous !!! :113: And the parties are doomed like they deserve to be....

View attachment 260941

I think politicians are just reacting to the political climate and not causing it

It is the 24/7 partisan media that is driving the bad behavior. Used to be bipartisanship was applauded in a politician. Now, any attempt to deal with the opposition is viewed as treason in the media and the minions immediately attack

Camaraderie and civility between parties is great. Bipartisianship is HIGHLY over-rated. It has a predictable result of bad compromises, half of a solution at twice the price, and leaving too many consequences from issues not addressed -- just to "get along".. It's the PARTIES for sure that have ratcheted up the division..

Everything that those "partisan news orgs" cover is usually a STUNT or just posturing from party leadership. MEMBERS THEMSELVES don't add much detail or nuance to it.

.. The fact that ISSUES and background is totally lacking from news coverage IS a driver of the division and animus, but hey, no US news feed really covers WORLD events either.. Too hard.. Requires scripting. Doesn't fit the "squaking head panel" model of "news analysis"...

Bipartisianship is HIGHLY over-rated. ...
I'd have you consider two things:

First, a cooperative environment doesn't mean that every issue is split down the middle 50/50. In practice, it means that sometimes you'll get things 80% your way, and sometimes I'll get things 80% my way, but we work together, we know we'll get many wins, and we continue to move forward. It is neither abject capitulation nor simplistic pie-dividing.

Second, the best result of cooperation and collaboration is always going to be innovation, creating something brand new into which everyone contributed. Not only is that environment conducive to brilliant things (like our Constitution), but the results are sturdier and longer-lasting because we all have real skin in the game.

I suspect you're one of the few people here who can understand and appreciate what I'm saying.

Last edited:

First, a cooperative environment doesn't mean that every issue is split down the middle 50/50. In practice, it means that sometimes you'll get things 80% your way, and sometimes I'll get things 80% my way, but we work together, we know we'll get many wins, and we continue to move forward. It is neither abject capitulation nor simplistic pie-dividing.

Second, the best result of cooperation and collaboration is always going to be innovation, creating something brand new into which everyone contributed. Not only is that environment conducive to brilliant things (like our Constitution), but the results are sturdier and longer-lasting because we all have real skin in the game.

I suspect you're one of the few people here who can understand and appreciate what I'm saying.
I get ya, Mac, and well said. :beer:

You'd have to TEACH innovation and problem solving to politicians. 80% of them are incapable and never practiced it.. UNLESS -- it comes to voting strategery or hiding campaign funds or coming up with sound bites.

OK it doesn't have to half a solution at twice the price, POLITICAL compromise could be 80% of a solution at only a 25% mark-up... :auiqs.jpg: The problem is, your 80% is hobbled by folks who want you to FAIL.. This doesn't happen in negotiations over the cost of a kitchen renovation. It's UNIQUE to politics and plea bargaining with an over aggressive prosecutor.... :biggrin:

The way to get innovation and smart problem solving is to have OUTSIDE voices not chained to the success of a party SELL THEM to the public.. That's what people want. They want smart, effective solutions to lingering problems that can no longer be solved in Congress. Independents can do that.. NO ONE in Congress can do that effectively within the strict ideological confines of parties like we have now...

Look how efficiently Trump dismantled EVERY SENATOR and Rep that ran against him... They've DONE NOTHING and they have NO IDEA how to problem solve or negotiate a REAL deal that fits most voters. Voters will compromise with well laid plans MORE intelligently than any compromise you get between Schumer/McTurtle or Pelosi/McCarthy....

Because voters are more reasonable about trade-offs in design and negotiation than whateverthefuckitis goin on the Hill.... Get the process closer to the voters.. Cut out the dead meat in the middle of all this...

Forum List

Back