New Bullets Mean Certain Death

1. In other words, your DUCKS are regulated.

2. Holy shit. Family members can file a lawsuit. Texas logic...

I think you misunderstand the point of a gun. You do not carry a gun to scare people. You do not wave it around thinking it will intimidate the criminals. And you do not try and wound the bad guy who is actively trying to hurt you or someone else.

It is called "deadly force" for a reason. You use it to completely stop the criminal(s) from doing further harm. It is standard for civilians to shoot until the criminal is down for the count.

The fact that they will not sue you is just a bonus.

Well, unless someone is a piss poor shot, how many times must a thug be shot to end his/her thuggery? Would you feel safer with a belt-fed machine gun mounted inside your home? Would your neighbors feel safer?

If the thugs will stand still and always act alone, a single shot would suffice. Since they don't, more shots are often required.

And given that a semi-auto can be reloaded in a couple of seconds, I do not think limiting the number of rounds per loading accomplishes anything one way or another. My highest capacity semi-auto pistol holds 8 rounds. After I fire all of those, a single push of a button drops the old mag out, after shoving the new mag in, a single press of a level puts a round in the chamber and has me locked, cocked and ready to resume firing.

I appreciate most of the responses. I don't pretend to know all the answers, but one thing I do know - the solution is not to ignore the problem. Many things not specifically addressed in the Constitution help make our lives much better. Such as...

Day in the Life of a Joe Six-Pack Republican

Are you looking to switch to the 4th topic for this thread?

Showing how regulations benefit us is not "looking to switch" the topic. BTW, I'm sorry you live in such a dangerous high-crime area that makes you so fearful. I've been fortunate in avoiding such areas.

I appreciate most of the responses. I don't pretend to know all the answers, but one thing I do know - the solution is not to ignore the problem. Many things not specifically addressed in the Constitution help make our lives much better. Such as...

E
Showing how regulations benefit us is not "looking to switch" the topic. BTW, I'm sorry you live in such a dangerous high-crime area that makes you so fearful. I've been fortunate in avoiding such areas.

Good for you ! But in the mean time ill not be having a politition set regulations on how I will defend my self. Anyone comes at me or mine the will die by what ever means is at hand be it lamp or .357 mangleum.

i'm sure our soldiers will be thankful when using it against our enemy.

i highly doubt these bullets will be everyday bullets

lakhota is just fear mongering

No soldier will ever use a hollow point. Hollow points are like firing a little parachute, the round actually slows itself down due to design.

The military uses a 5.56 round (.223) for a reason - it basically a .22 slug with a lot of powder, making a small, fast projectile.

No it does not. But addressing things "...not specifically addressed in the Constitution..." is certainly not on topic. The 2nd Amendment does indeed address this issue.

You started out bemoaning this terrible ammunition with plenty of sensationalistic nonsense. Then you switched to wanting to discuss background checks. Then you went to magazine capacities. And now you want to discuss the way liberals have improved our lives. That is 4 topics in one thread. The first 3 were soundly thrashed.

Care to go back to discussing these "dangerous" bullets that will cause so many more deaths?

Who says I am fearful? I have smoke detectors and fire extinguishers in my home as well. Does that mean I am "fearful" concerning fires? I call it being prepared.

Also, I have basically had the same firearms in very rural environments and urban environments. I currently live in Atlanta. My previous residence was in Delta AL. Neither place has made me "fearful".

How many videos will you need to view to accept that often, for a number of reasons, a perp who is shot multiple times in lethal places often continues functioning and shooting and killing cops and other good guys before they die of their wounds.

I want a bullet that will STOP an assailant NOW.

Which is why I hate the 9mm. If there ever was a pistol that needs all the help it can get,thats the one. Give me a .45 all day everyday.

Dunno. My grandpa took a bayonet through his hand from a Japanese soldier in the Philippines after biting him center mass four times and in the throat twice. .45 CAP is a man stopper, but not all its cra ked up to be. 9mm has just as good a reputation as a man stopper as any of them. In the end, no hand gun tops the shot gun in close combat. Ill take one of those. As for my CCW, I keep a S&W model 19 that was my Dads.

You got to remember your grandpa was shooting ball ammo.
Here's a pretty interesting chart on handgun round lethality.

THE STOPPING POWER OF DIFFERENT HANDGUN CARTRIDGES

The .357 scores very high,but I like my FNX for the stopping power and the fifteen round mag.

(After reading the OP...)

I totally gotta get me a few cases of those before they get taken off the market (I miss Black Talons)

(Back to reading the thread...)

Apparently you didn't read one of my previous posts. NO ONE is saying that universal background checks will totally eliminate gun shootings - any more than highway and vehicle regulations totally eliminate all violations - BUT THEY SURE AS HELL REDUCE VIOLATIONS AND IMPROVE SAFETY.

BTW, are you suggesting that felons and assorted mental nuts be allowed to legally purchase guns and "only be regulated when they are using or carrying their guns on public properties?" Holy shit...

Laws have had no effect on drunk driving deaths. People survive more often now because of good medical care and yet there are just as many drunk driving deaths as there was 15 years ago.

Some truth in your statement, but are you saying to ignore the problem? Plus, I don't equate drunk driving to universal background checks and limits on high-capacity magazines.

Effects of legislative reform to reduce drunken driving and alcohol-related traffic fatalities

Board Meeting: Safety Report on Eliminating Impaired Driving - NTSB

The laws are equally useless in PREVENTING deaths. All they allow you to do is prosecute the killers.

I only have high capacity magazines for my Ruger .22 rifle. I like them for the convenience.

But since you disagree with high capacity magazines, tell us how many rounds will assure safety in all defensive situation?

Also, the reason for limitations for duck hunters is not out of an attempt to save the individual ducks. It is to assure that the population survives. I don't think the human race is in any danger of extinction.

Also, if a 10 round magazine is ok, but a 15 round magazine is not, aren't you saying that it's ok to kill 10 people, but it's a moral outrage to kill 15?

You are only comparing 10 to 15 capacity. Personally, other than single-shot, I would prefer the maximum be 10 - maybe even 5. My current understanding is that there are no limits on magazine capacity for civilian non-hunting use. BTW, I care more about the survival of people than ducks. Most fish and wildlife regulations are stricter than gun purchasing and ownership.

That you wish to limit magazine capacities for the law abiding citizens is funny, since the criminals who rob, rape and murder us will obviously not follow those laws.

Why do you think a limitation on magazine capacity would be a good think? And don't go with the "why do you need them" nonsense. Actually answer and tell us why you think passing laws to limit the amount of ammunition is one loading would make a difference.

Lacky clearly wishes to protect criminals. What other possible reason could there be...

1. In other words, your DUCKS are regulated.

2. Holy shit. Family members can file a lawsuit. Texas logic...

I think you misunderstand the point of a gun. You do not carry a gun to scare people. You do not wave it around thinking it will intimidate the criminals. And you do not try and wound the bad guy who is actively trying to hurt you or someone else.

It is called "deadly force" for a reason. You use it to completely stop the criminal(s) from doing further harm. It is standard for civilians to shoot until the criminal is down for the count.

The fact that they will not sue you is just a bonus.

Well, unless someone is a piss poor shot, how many times must a thug be shot to end his/her thuggery? Would you feel safer with a belt-fed machine gun mounted inside your home? Would your neighbors feel safer?

Considering that in the ARMY, where they are trained the average number of shots necessary to hit one enemy soldier is on the order of 40,000 ROUNDS, and the police, when they do engage in a shootout tend to hit everything BUT the bad guy, it makes sense that a CIVILIAN, in fear for their life is not going to be the best shot in the world.

Your complete cluelessness as regards defensive shooting is duly noted.

i'm sure our soldiers will be thankful when using it against our enemy.

i highly doubt these bullets will be everyday bullets

lakhota is just fear mongering

No soldier will ever use a hollow point. Hollow points are like firing a little parachute, the round actually slows itself down due to design.

The military uses a 5.56 round (.223) for a reason - it basically a .22 slug with a lot of powder, making a small, fast projectile.

Untrue. The exterior ballistics of hollowpoint rounds are identical to softpoint.

New Bullets Mean Certain Death.

I've been using those type bullets for 40 years. No big deal. You should see the mess a shotgun will make of a human. I knew a dude who attempted suicide with a shotgun when he was 17 & lived. 20 years later he did it again & succeeded.

Guns & Ammo are not the problem, nutjobs are. Since liberals won't allow a publicized list of nutjobs but love to publicize gun owners list, nothing will change. We need a registered nutjob list just like the registered sex offender list.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back