Never Trump Movement is a Surprisingly Bipartisan Movement

Real conservatives despise Trump. Real liberals despise Trump. Real Americans despise Trump.
Yeah Americans want an establishment OWNED candidate because they have a long history of doing good....
:eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool:o_Oo_Oo_O
I grow weary of this distinction between "establishment" and "anti-establishment."

Trump has been giving money to politicians all his life and is as responsible as anyone for the corruption of the system. He is not an "outsider" anymore than anyone else with billions of dollars can be.

Even Bernie has been a politician all his life, so no one is an "outsider" in this election.

Ted Cruz is a CONSERVATIVE, like Ronald Reagan. That's what we're looking for. The last time we ran a conservative in 1980 and 1984 we won both times. When GHWB ran in 1988 people thought he was a conservative and he won. When he proved he wasn't after raising taxes he lost in 1992. Dole the moderate lost in 1996. People thought GWB was a conservative in 2000 and 2004 so he won. McCain the moderate lost in 2008 and Romney the moderate lost in 2012.

For Republicans, conservatives WIN and moderates LOSE. Consistent pattern for 36 years.
[/QUOTE]
There is a HUGE difference between a candidate OWNED by the establishment and one who is of the establishment. Hillary is owned. Trump is NOT owned.

Who do you think would make a better POTUS?

I much prefer Cruz over CAnkles or bernie, but even he may be owned.

Real conservatives despise Trump. Real liberals despise Trump. Real Americans despise Trump.
Yeah Americans want an establishment OWNED candidate because they have a long history of doing good....
:eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool:o_Oo_Oo_O
I grow weary of this distinction between "establishment" and "anti-establishment."

Trump has been giving money to politicians all his life and is as responsible as anyone for the corruption of the system. He is not an "outsider" anymore than anyone else with billions of dollars can be.

Even Bernie has been a politician all his life, so no one is an "outsider" in this election.

Ted Cruz is a CONSERVATIVE, like Ronald Reagan. That's what we're looking for. The last time we ran a conservative in 1980 and 1984 we won both times. When GHWB ran in 1988 people thought he was a conservative and he won. When he proved he wasn't after raising taxes he lost in 1992. Dole the moderate lost in 1996. People thought GWB was a conservative in 2000 and 2004 so he won. McCain the moderate lost in 2008 and Romney the moderate lost in 2012.

For Republicans, conservatives WIN and moderates LOSE. Consistent pattern for 36 years.
[/QUOTE]
I don't much care for Newt Gingrich, but I think he hit the nail on the head with this statement:

"Donald J. Trump is the greatest threat to the Establishment in our lifetime. His willingness to take on political correctness and to take on the Establishment's deepest policies makes him a horrifying figure to the Elite, who are becoming increasingly worried that if he wins, he'll change things, and their entire system could be destroyed" - Newt Gingrich

There is no doubt that Trump has many faults, some may be significant, but I think ALL the candidates running for POTUS are terrible. It is merely determining which one is the least terrible.

I tend to think the candidate least liked by the elites, is likely the best candidate for our nation.

I finally found a conclusion of yours that I like.

Maybe the sun will rise in the west tomorrow.

For both the two posters who suggested that the U.S. military should decide who should be President 'for the sake of the nation'- frankly you miss the whole point of America- and I for one am proud that our military would never act to impose a President or depose a President.

Trump is no conservative- but his supporters don't care.
Cruz is a dangerous conservative idealogue- I am pleased that he is unlikely to be elected.
Kasich is a rational choice- but the GOP don't want rational this year.

Forum List

Back