Nevada GOP Caucus Thread

Just remember, less than 1/10th of the Republican voters in Nevada showed up to caucus, so it is not representative of the average voter. The caucus pulled in the supercharged activist and die hard voters who don't happen to be working evenings. There is still a faint hope that Trump will not succeed.

Where's Jake, who said Trump can't get over 30% of the Republican vote? :lol:
He's busy raising the bar again. He along with Karl Rove raised the bar another 5'.

JakeStarkey been wrong about everything, I think he just makes things up as he goes along. Jillian is another one. She loves numbers and percentages

Jake: "Yeah Trump won Nevada and the evangelical vote and the hispanic vote and the female vote and the canine vote, but he needs the Seventh Day Adventist vote in order to win the election. He also needs 6% of the homeless population to take the 'winner take all' states and he just doesn't have them. His ceiling is at 35%...I mean 36%...no it tops off at 45%....ok 50%"

jillian : Trump needs 25% of the 50% on the 6% vote in order to clear the 35% of the electorate who endorse 55% of the fraction of the 80% of evangelicals who support 22% of middle income blue collar who make up 65% of the electorate. Take 45% off the top because of his brashness and add 75% of the female vote who wont't vote for him and it drops him another 67%. He can't win with these numbers.

Jake I'm just bustin your balls man ;) but its true
I have said elsewhere since last night that I got this way wrong. When the evangelicals refused to support Cruz in SC, the handwriting clearly was on the wall in Trump's handwriting. There is a way for him to lose it, yes, but there is no way for others to win it under the own power.

Get this......41% of Hispanics went for Trump!!!! 41%!!!!
So Trump received 41% of the Hispanic vote last night where turnout was roughly 75,000. Entrance polls show about 8% of the GOP caucus-goers to be Hispanic so around 6,000 people. 41% of 6,000 is just shy of 2,500. Trump received a whopping 2,500 votes from Hispanics last night. LOL.

Nevada Caucas 'volunteer'

Screen-Shot-2016-02-23-at-10.29.21-PM-401x650.png

Another one --

Screen-Shot-2016-02-23-at-10.29.31-PM-409x650.png

Because, you know, Nevada is such a paragon of virtue n all

And Trump does a LOT of business there with a LOT of certain types of 'businessmen'

right

He's busy raising the bar again. He along with Karl Rove raised the bar another 5'.

JakeStarkey been wrong about everything, I think he just makes things up as he goes along. Jillian is another one. She loves numbers and percentages

Jake: "Yeah Trump won Nevada and the evangelical vote and the hispanic vote and the female vote and the canine vote, but he needs the Seventh Day Adventist vote in order to win the election. He also needs 6% of the homeless population to take the 'winner take all' states and he just doesn't have them. His ceiling is at 35%...I mean 36%...no it tops off at 45%....ok 50%"

jillian : Trump needs 25% of the 50% on the 6% vote in order to clear the 35% of the electorate who endorse 55% of the fraction of the 80% of evangelicals who support 22% of middle income blue collar who make up 65% of the electorate. Take 45% off the top because of his brashness and add 75% of the female vote who wont't vote for him and it drops him another 67%. He can't win with these numbers.

I have said elsewhere since last night that I got this way wrong. When the evangelicals refused to support Cruz in SC, the handwriting clearly was on the wall in Trump's handwriting. There is a way for him to lose it, yes, but there is no way for others to win it under the own power.
No you said he could win them back and I said that ship has sailed. You still disagreed. It's all in good fun. At least you're passionate and involved in the elections. That goes for everyone

The evangelicals are much smarter than people give them credit for, if they chose not to support Cruz. Now, going to Trump is another issue, but at least they see through Cruz.

The evangelicals are much smarter than people give them credit for, if they chose not to support Cruz. Now, going to Trump is another issue, but at least they see through Cruz.
It isn't the education, it is the anger that is propelling his campaign. Republicans are sophisticated enough to realize that their party blew their chance to hold Obama accountable for abusing the a Constitution and illegally created laws by fiat.

Fox saying 10% of all Nevada GOP voters are Hispanic. And Trump got 41% of that.
Not quite what FOX said, but the Right never quote anything accurately, even the Right!
FOX said 8% of the vote was Hispanic for a total of 125 voters.

So Trump got 56 votes, Rubio got 35 votes and Cruz got 22 votes.

Trump wins Latino vote in Nevada, though critics caution poll may be inaccurate

Donald Trump's hardline stance on immigration didn't seem to hurt him with Latinos in Nevada, as the Republican presidential front-runner claimed 45 percent of the Hispanic vote in Tuesday's caucus, according to an entrance poll conducted by Fox News.

"You know what I really am happy about, because I've been saying it for a long time… 46 percent with the Hispanics ... No. 1 with Hispanics!" Trump said during his victory speech early Wednesday.

Among Latinos, Marco Rubio finished in second with 28 percent and Ted Cruz in third with 18 percent.

But of the 1,573 Republican voters polled in Nevada, only 125 – or 8 percent of the electorate– identified as Latino. So critics said the sample was too small to be accurate. The margin of error for such a small sample is 10 percent.

No you said he could win them back and I said that ship has sailed. You still disagreed. It's all in good fun. At least you're passionate and involved in the elections. That goes for everyone
c_k, I said I got it way wrong last night. I thought last week Cruz could them back and he did not. Now let's see if he can figure out how to reach out in the general election to folks who have no reason to like Trump or believe he will be the President they want.

Last edited:

c_k, I said I got it way wrong last night. I thought last week Cruz could them back and he did not. Now let's see if he can figure out how to reach out in the general election to folks who have no reason to like Trump or believe he will be the President they want.
When its down to Trump and Hillary, those who aren't a fan of his will eventually get on board. They will see how he handles the attacks against Republicans as racist and bigots. The Dems won't be able to play the race card in this general election when Trump is the nominee. He will tear that apart and destroy Hillary in the process. I predict by the time the General election rolls around, Trump will have anyone that was on the fence about him, or even not wanting him, eating out of his hand. He'll deliver a beating to the Dems and Hillary like no one has ever seen before. That will rally the entire electorate

When its down to Trump and Hillary, those who aren't a fan of his will eventually get on board. They will see how he handles the attacks against Republicans as racist and bigots. The Dems won't be able to play the race card in this general election when Trump is the nominee. He will tear that apart and destroy Hillary in the process. I predict by the time the General election rolls around, Trump will have anyone that was on the fence about him, or even not wanting him, eating out of his hand. He'll deliver a beating to the Dems and Hillary like no one has ever seen before. That will rally the entire electorate
Send me some of the hash you are smoking. There has been absolutely no movement toward him by women, minorities, the centrists, the independents, or the Dems. A solid minority of the GOP is going to feel about him in the same way the GOP right hates HRC. I don't think it will happen.

Send me some of the hash you are smoking. There has been absolutely no movement toward him by women, minorities, the centrists, the independents, or the Dems. A solid minority of the GOP is going to feel about him in the same way the GOP right hates HRC. I don't think it will happen.
No but thats why he won the female vote and minority vote in NV. Also Jake its not about ideology anymore and you will find that out soon enough

No but thats why he won the female vote and minority vote in NV. Also Jake its not about ideology anymore and you will find that out soon enough
The female and minority GOP vote in NV means nothing as an indicator for the country as a whole, as you well know.

Oh, I agree with you that the cons and crazies on the right have lost their morals and principles in swinging over to Trump. It is about Trump himself: either like or hate him. We have seen nothing from the rest of the country to see any non-GOP swell toward him. If it has not happened by May, let's watch the fire drills.

The female and minority GOP vote in NV means nothing as an indicator for the country as a whole, as you well know.

Oh, I agree with you that the cons and crazies on the right have lost their morals and principles in swinging over to Trump. It is about Trump himself: either like or hate him. We have seen nothing from the rest of the country to see any non-GOP swell toward him. If it has not happened by May, let's watch the fire drills.
Jake you really don't understand whats going on do you?

Jake you really don't understand whats going on do you?
Very clearly. It's about rage, a sense of displacement in our society, and resentment toward the two-party system by a significant minority of the right that may very well propel Trump to the nomination. There is absolutely nothing to indicate that swell is affecting the 50 to 60% of the GOP that oppose him much less the center, independents, left, women, and minorities. Provide me some stats that counter that.

You clearly are mistaking a mouse for a rat.

75,000 votes were HAND COUNTED in less than an hour

The totals were HAND WRITTEN on form and TAPED to a folder

then a PICTURE was taken with a CELL PHONE and EMAILED to the GOP Headquarters.

The entire scenario reeks of

(drum roll)

V-O-T-E-R F-R-A-U-D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:badgrin:

Forum List

Back