Netflix - Making A Murderer

What those like rightwinger keep forgetting...jurors can only convict someone based exclusively and entirely on only what the prosecution shows.
Jurors cannot base their decision on anything else but what the prosecution states, and how the defense answers those charges.
In saying that, there is no way - no how - not on this planet or any other planet did Steven Avery, or anyone else for that matter, murder Theresa Halbach in the way the prosecution said it happen. However and whoever murdered this woman, did not murder her anywhere on Steven Avery's property, PERIOD. Didn't happen.
I do not know if Avery killed this woman, but what I do know is that there were other suspects who had motive and access to Theresa...and they were all not even questioned. I do know that the evidence on the scene was almost beyond a doubt - at the very least altered if not planted.
Steven Avery and Dassey were convicted of the same crime, where the SAME PROSECUTOR PRESENTED TOTALLY DIFFERENT EVIDENCE AND TOTALLY DIFFERENT METHOD OF DEATH...how the f*ck is that possible??

I could not see how Dassey could be convicted of worse crimes than Avery was charged with

They did not even bring up Dassey's wild, ever changing stories during Avery's trial

But what evidence was there to convict Avery?

Last known person to see her alive
He specifically requested she come to take pictures (lured her to the property)
Her car was found on his property
No evidence of her ever being off the property. No witnesses, no phone calls after seeing Avery.
Avery's blood and sweat were found in the car
The keys to the car were in his room
The charred remains were found 30 feet from his trailer

If I was on the jury, I would have convicted

The keys were not found by the outside investigators after FOUR DAYS OF SEARCHING the trailer and garage.
But lo and behold, the very man that was being sued just happen to find it - right in plain site!! AMAZING!!!...:doubt:
The blood and sweat - again, not allowed in testimony for God only knows why - a vial of his blood was found in Police custody and had been tampered with. Getting Steven's sweat would have been easy.
But no one drop, or even a forensic droplet of Theresa's blood found in the garage. You tell me how you can shoot someone in the head and hack their body into pieces and not get any blood anywhere??
Impossible.
The prosecution and judge in both cases did such an unbelievably unethical and to the point of bizarre activity in both cases that it boggles the mind how there was no re-trial.

What those like rightwinger keep forgetting...jurors can only convict someone based exclusively and entirely on only what the prosecution shows.
Jurors cannot base their decision on anything else but what the prosecution states, and how the defense answers those charges.
In saying that, there is no way - no how - not on this planet or any other planet did Steven Avery, or anyone else for that matter, murder Theresa Halbach in the way the prosecution said it happen. However and whoever murdered this woman, did not murder her anywhere on Steven Avery's property, PERIOD. Didn't happen.
I do not know if Avery killed this woman, but what I do know is that there were other suspects who had motive and access to Theresa...and they were all not even questioned. I do know that the evidence on the scene was almost beyond a doubt - at the very least altered if not planted.
Steven Avery and Dassey were convicted of the same crime, where the SAME PROSECUTOR PRESENTED TOTALLY DIFFERENT EVIDENCE AND TOTALLY DIFFERENT METHOD OF DEATH...how the f*ck is that possible??

I could not see how Dassey could be convicted of worse crimes than Avery was charged with

They did not even bring up Dassey's wild, ever changing stories during Avery's trial

No evidence of her ever being off the property. No witnesses, no phone calls after seeing Avery.

The keys were not found by the outside investigators after FOUR DAYS OF SEARCHING the trailer and garage.
But lo and behold, the very man that was being sued just happen to find it - right in plain site!! AMAZING!!!...:doubt:
The blood and sweat - again, not allowed in testimony for God only knows why - a vial of his blood was found in Police custody and had been tampered with. Getting Steven's sweat would have been easy.
But no one drop, or even a forensic droplet of Theresa's blood found in the garage. You tell me how you can shoot someone in the head and hack their body into pieces and not get any blood anywhere??
Impossible.
The prosecution and judge in both cases did such an unbelievably unethical and to the point of bizarre activity in both cases that it boggles the mind how there was no re-trial.

Again you are trying to make a case for reasonable doubt. The defenses case is that every piece of evidence against Avery was planted....I just can't buy it

There can be a lot of what ifs and unknowns related to the case. The blood found in Halbachs car did not come from that vial. Police had no access to Avery's sweat that was found in the car, he had not been arrested yet

To believe Avery is innocent, you have to believe in some alternate reality. The alternate reality presented by the defense is just too extreme. Police could drop a key or spread some blood and expect to get away with it.
Transporting a car and charred bones from another location to Avery's property is just too big a reach. Too many things could go wrong to expose the police's actions. Plus they would have to be willing to ignore the real murder scene and murderer

Last edited:

Impossible.

Again you are trying to make a case for reasonable doubt. The defenses case is that every piece of evidence against Avery was planted....I just can't buy it

There can be a lot of what ifs and unknowns related to the case. The blood found in Halbachs car did not come from that vial. Police had no access to Avery's sweat that was found in the car, he had not been arrested yet

To believe Avery is innocent, you have to believe in some alternate reality. The alternate reality presented by the defense is just too extreme. Police could drop a key or spread some blood and expect to get away with it.
Transporting a car and charred bones from another location to Avery's property is just too big a reach. Too many things could go wrong to expose the police's actions. Plus they would have to be willing to ignore the real murder scene and murderer

Your leaving things out guy....or forgetting them.
Charred bones...did you forget there was a 2nd burn site? Also there were bone fragments in a barrel? Lot's of questions about that.
Blood in car...did you forget it was a couple drops in a strange spot? But none in all the places you would expect it?
The bones were transported, this is not arguable. There was a 2nd burn location, with bone fragments, and bone fragments in the barrel. She was not burned in one location. Again, highly questionable.
Every single piece of evidence there are very reasonable suspicions and oddities...every one of them. And where is the murder site??? Avery was convicted of killing her in his garage, yet there was not even a forensic-trace amount of blood anywhere within...and no signs of clean up or traces of cleaning chemicals....so...how is that possible? He would have literally had to completely cover the floors/ceilings and walls with plastic. Obviously that is silly.

To believe Steve Avery, you have to believe in an alternate reality
Avery waved goodbye to Theresa Halbach that afternoon as she drove off the property....never to be seen alive again

The defense believes that someone else killed her shortly after and drove her to some remote location where the car, with the keys in it, was abandoned. He then took her body and burned it beyond recognition

The local police, finding both the car and charred bones said....This is a good chance to pin it on Avery

So they got some of Avery's blood and sweat and planted it in the Rav4. Two of them then drove to the Avery property and hid the car without being seen. They then returned to the crime scene and dug up a barrel full of bones and then dumped them on Avery's property unseen

Perfect crime?

Hardly. Too many unknowns for police to risk not only their jobs but time in prison.
How did they know that Halbach had not phoned someone as soon as she left the Avery property and told someone where she was headed?
How did they know that nobody had seen or talked to Halbach after she left the property?
How did they know that the car was not full of someone elses DNA?
How did they know that the real killer would not show up somewhere else covered in blood?
How did they know that an Avery would not video this strange activity on their property?
How did they know that Avery would not have an alibi for his whereabouts at the time of the killing?

Not a good option for the police

Want to know what really convinced me?

The Avery blood smear under the car ignition

My car has the same ignition as that Rav 4 with the ignition inside an indentation on the dashboard. When I turn the key, I hold the key between my thumb and forefinger and as I turn, my middle finger rubs against that indentation.

That spot on my middle finger is the exact spot Avery was found to have a one inch cut. The police hadn't arrested him, how would they know he was cut right there?

Avery waved goodbye to Theresa Halbach that afternoon as she drove off the property....never to be seen alive again

The defense believes that someone else killed her shortly after and drove her to some remote location where the car, with the keys in it, was abandoned. He then took her body and burned it beyond recognition

The local police, finding both the car and charred bones said....This is a good chance to pin it on Avery

So they got some of Avery's blood and sweat and planted it in the Rav4. Two of them then drove to the Avery property and hid the car without being seen. They then returned to the crime scene and dug up a barrel full of bones and then dumped them on Avery's property unseen

Perfect crime?

Hardly. Too many unknowns for police to risk not only their jobs but time in prison.
How did they know that Halbach had not phoned someone as soon as she left the Avery property and told someone where she was headed?
How did they know that nobody had seen or talked to Halbach after she left the property?
How did they know that the real killer would not show up somewhere else covered in blood?
How did they know that an Avery would not video this strange activity on their property?
How did they know that Avery would not have an alibi for his whereabouts at the time of the killing?

That is hardly the only scenario.
Look, do I think Avery did it? I don't know...probably so. I would say a good 70% chance he did. But what about the X boyfriend? Why would he access Theresa's voice messages and delete multiple entries within days of her murder??? Do you not find that really strange? As a police detective would you not at least ask him about that??
This same man is the guy who talked to the women who found the car within 10 minutes after talking to him. Coincidence? I suppose you saw the aerial video of the property and just how massive it was and how many cars there were? - and the women just happen to find it 10 minutes after entering the property - which as the defense stated - is just about the time it would take to walk from the entrance directly to the car? Coincidence?

Like others - you gloss over the obvious, in fact you won't even address them.
The keys...the keys....DAMNING evidence. Yet the manner in which they were found were equally DAMNINGLY worrisome. In Four days, dozens of detectives...not one of them sees the keys right there in the open - in fact they have a photo showing that spot where they were found...and they are not there. And the shoes were moved also. How in the world could you not be suspect of that - especially after knowing the only two officers in the room were unlawfully there - and were deposed by Steven Avery. No one but a completel moron would not at the very least doubt that evidence.

Perfect crime?

Look, do I think Avery did it? I don't know...probably so. I would say a good 70% chance he did. But what about the X boyfriend? Why would he access Theresa's voice messages and delete multiple entries within days of her murder??? Do you not find that really strange? As a police detective would you not at least ask him about that??
This same man is the guy who talked to the women who found the car within 10 minutes after talking to him. Coincidence? I suppose you saw the aerial video of the property and just how massive it was and how many cars there were? - and the women just happen to find it 10 minutes after entering the property - which as the defense stated - is just about the time it would take to walk from the entrance directly to the car? Coincidence?

The keys...the keys....DAMNING evidence. Yet the manner in which they were found were equally DAMNINGLY worrisome. In Four days, dozens of detectives...not one of them sees the keys right there in the open - in fact they have a photo showing that spot where they were found...and they are not there. And the shoes were moved also. How in the world could you not be suspect of that - especially after knowing the only two officers in the room were unlawfully there - and were deposed by Steven Avery. No one but a completel moron would not at the very least doubt that evidence.

I have no admiration of the police work ( they showed how inept they were in the previous case). They knew they were under scrutiny because of Avery and still they allowed themselves to be involved in the investigation.

In closing arguments, the defense talked about how the police might not plant evidence to make an innocent man appear guilty but they might do it to make a weak case appear stronger.

In that regard, I could see police subtly drop a key or smear blood when nobody is looking.

But to risk transporting a murder vehicle or a bunch of charred bones is just too far out there to be credible

Perfect crime?

I have no admiration of the police work ( they showed how inept they were in the previous case). They knew they were under scrutiny because of Avery and still they allowed themselves to be involved in the investigation.

In closing arguments, the defense talked about how the police might not plant evidence to make an innocent man appear guilty but they might do it to make a weak case appear stronger.

In that regard, I could see police subtly drop a key or smear blood when nobody is looking.

But to risk transporting a murder vehicle or a bunch of charred bones is just too far out there to be credible

I can agree with that.
But, it may not have been the police that transported the vehicle. Again, the X boyfriend...and the HUGE coincidence of finding that car so quickly...also remember that Avery had a car crusher on his property. In less time it took to drive the vehicle to it's location, carry branches, car parts etc. and poorly, almost comically inept attempt that it took to hide the vehicle - Steven could have forever destroyed any hope of finding the car by simply crushing it. Now why the hell would he put it within minutes of the entrance barely covered instead? Makes no sense.
The two burn sites and bones in the barrel are really odd...and again, again this contradicts the prosecution.

Look, the most upsetting thing about this trial is not the guilt/innocence of Avery. Not even close. It is how he was convicted! From beginning to end. From every single officer involved to the judge himself! It is truly unbelievable that this took place.
And leaves anyone to wonder just how many times does this occur.

Last edited:

Perfect crime?

I can agree with that.
But, it may not have been the police that transported the vehicle. Again, the X boyfriend...and the HUGE coincidence of finding that car so quickly...also remember that Avery had a car crusher on his property. In less time it took to drive the vehicle to it's location, carry branches, car parts etc. and poorly, almost comically inept attempt that it took to hide the vehicle - Steven could have forever destroyed any hope of finding the car by simply crushing it. Now why the hell would he put it within minutes of the entrance barely covered instead? Makes no sense.
The two burn sites and bones in the barrel are really odd...and again, again this contradicts the prosecution.

Look, the most upsetting thing about this trial is not the guilt/innocence of Avery. Not even close. It is how he was convicted!!! From beginning to end. From every single officer involved to the judge himself! It is truly unbelievable that this took place.
And leaves anyone to wonder just how many times does this occur.

I think Avery was obsessed with Halbach, lured her to the compound, assaulted and killed her when she came to take pictures. I am not sure it happened in the garage. I don't think she was tied up in the bed.

After killing her, I think Avery put her body in the back of the Rav4, leaving both his and her bloodstains and parked it somewhere until dark. He then drove the car back for his big bonfire and threw in the body

Because it was dark, he drove the Rav4 to an obscure part of the lot and covered it up planning to come back later and dispose of the car. That is why he would have kept the key in his bedroom. He thought he would have more time

The same with the barrel and the ashes. Instead of the police using the barrel, it could have been Avery using it to move the evidence. One thing not covered in the Netflix series was that they found her burnt phone and contents of her purse in the barrel.

I doubt if Dassey was involved in the murder, but may have been involved in disposing the body. I don't think you could sit next to a bonfire and not see and smell a body burning

I think Avery was obsessed with Halbach, lured her to the compound, assaulted and killed her when she came to take pictures. I am not sure it happened in the garage. I don't think she was tied up in the bed.

Answer: I think Avery was an obvious pervert for plenty of reasons outside of this case.
But what about what the School bus driver saw? Which contrasted the prosecutions timeline and what their witnesses said they saw, witnesses who hated Avery.

After killing her, I think Avery put her body in the back of the Rav4, leaving both his and her bloodstains and parked it somewhere until dark. He then drove the car back for his big bonfire and threw in the body
What about the 2nd burn site that had bone fragments, showing without question she was at the very least dismembered and burned way back on the property...but no...he for some reason put that fire out...pulled her burning parts out...and took then to his backyard and burned them??? Really?
Because it was dark, he drove the Rav4 to an obscure part of the lot and covered it up planning to come back later and dispose of the car. That is why he would have kept the key in his bedroom. He thought he would have more time

The same with the barrel and the ashes. Instead of the police using the barrel, it could have been Avery using it to move the evidence. One thing not covered in the Netflix series was that they found her burnt phone and contents of her purse in the barrel.

Yes. And that supports the theory that the bones were planted and again points to the 2nd burn site that you won't talk about.
I doubt if Dassey was involved in the murder, but may have been involved in disposing the body. I don't think you could sit next to a bonfire and not see and smell a body burning

Dassey was completely framed by the police and prosecution with help from the judge.
It is unconscionable that the judge did not declare a new trial when he learned that the defense lawyer directly and illegally aided the prosecution when they thought they were going to use Dassey in Avery's case. Again...you have to wonder how much of this kind of stuff happens everyday.

Answer: I think Avery was an obvious pervert for plenty of reasons outside of this case.
But what about what the School bus driver saw? Which contrasted the prosecutions timeline and what their witnesses said they saw, witnesses who hated Avery.

What about the 2nd burn site that had bone fragments, showing without question she was at the very least dismembered and burned way back on the property...but no...he for some reason put that fire out...pulled her burning parts out...and took then to his backyard and burned them??? Really?

Yes. And that supports the theory that the bones were planted and again points to the 2nd burn site that you won't talk about.

Dassey was completely framed by the police and prosecution with help from the judge.
It is unconscionable that the judge did not declare a new trial when he learned that the defense lawyer directly and illegally aided the prosecution when they thought they were going to use Dassey in Avery's case. Again...you have to wonder how much of this kind of stuff happens everyday.
I am not obsessed with the second burn site. Avery could have been dissatisfied with his first attempt to destroy the body and moved to a second site to do a better job

Another thing not covered in the Netflix documentary was that bone fragments were encased in steel belts and rubber from burning rubber. Just like the tires in Averys bonfire

My car has the same ignition as that Rav 4 with the ignition inside an indentation on the dashboard. When I turn the key, I hold the key between my thumb and forefinger and as I turn, my middle finger rubs against that indentation.

That spot on my middle finger is the exact spot Avery was found to have a one inch cut. The police hadn't arrested him, how would they know he was cut right there?

The pin hole in Avery evidence blood capsule doesnt sway you?

I mean, he gets rid of cars for a living....but not this one. He decides what, to put the dead girl in the back for fun...just to take her right back out to be burned and instead of crushing the car he has the brilliant idea to park it on his land and cover it with sticks?

I mean, he gets rid of cars for a living....but not this one. He decides what, to put the dead girl in the back for fun...just to take her right back out to be burned and instead of crushing the car he has the brilliant idea to park it on his land and cover it with sticks?

It would have if testing had shown the blood in the car had the same preservative as that blood sample. Avery also had a one inch fresh cut on his middle finger. It would have been better for the defense if he didn't have a scratch on his body

I think he killed the girl while it was still light out. Put her in the back of the Rav4, drove it to a remote spot and then came back with the car after it was dark for the burning.
He covered it with sticks because he hadn't had the opportunity to crush it yet. Probably waiting till there were no other family members on the lot

It would have if testing had shown the blood in the car had the same preservative as that blood sample. Avery also had a one inch fresh cut on his middle finger. It would have been better for the defense if he didn't have a scratch on his body

True except remember that the FBI didnt have any such test until the police were accused of a set up. Then magically they not only have the test but the results as well using a secret formula another forensic specialist couldnt decipher.

I think he killed the girl while it was still light out. Put her in the back of the Rav4, drove it to a remote spot and then came back with the car after it was dark for the burning.
He covered it with sticks because he hadn't had the opportunity to crush it yet. Probably waiting till there were no other family members on the lot

Probably a lot of stuff. But he didnt use the car crusher or the incinerator and instead choose to build a big ass fire to avoid being noticed?

True except remember that the FBI didnt have any such test until the police were accused of a set up. Then magically they not only have the test but the results as well using a secret formula another forensic specialist couldnt decipher.

Probably a lot of stuff. But he didnt use the car crusher or the incinerator and instead choose to build a big ass fire to avoid being noticed?
The FBI test would show if it was pure blood or blood with "stuff" in it. While the exact formula of the preservative could have been challenged by the defense, there was no additional "stuff" in the sample
It was just blood.....Averys blood

And still, why was there a pin hole in the evidence blood tube?
And there was just a little bit of that blood in the car, where you put the keys in. There is no way they shot her in that messy garage. No blood! Not even a drop hidden in that mess.

I just finished this show over the weekend. Here's an interesting theory.

This Is The Most Credible 'Making A Murderer' Theory I've Seen So Far

Wait. There's more than Bobby Dassay and Scott Tadych.

'Making A Murderer': 5 fascinating theories about what REALLY happened

And this one wraps up "the biggest unsolved murder cases in American history, including the Zodiac killings, the West Memphis Three, Chandra Levy, and Jon Benet Ramsey."

C'mon, was this guy REALLY in the Netflix documentary :blahblah:?

This Former Cop Claims To Know Who Really Killed Teresa Halbach

Forum List

Back