Netflix - Making A Murderer

i think when or if the truth comes out it will be steve avery found guilty of murder....the evidence is not all given in the documentary....it will be interesting to see season 2....i understand netflix is going for it

The footage we did see of them interviewing the slow kid showed the police unabashedly leading this kid and putting words into his mouth. That case was so dirty. I hope he gets a new and fair trial because that last one wasn't. They visited the site where she was supposedly killed several times and suddenly certain pieces of evidence are showing up?

Is this the OJ trial for milennials? It's got blood evidence in the car and garage. It's got police planting evidence and a coverup. It's got a county's prejudice towards a poor person. So where is the glove that doesn't fit? In this case, it's the defense that Steven Avery's attorneys were not able to put on, i.e. there could have been someone else.

It was so entertaining the Coloradomtnwoman and I watched it in three nights, back to back.

Steven Avery may be guilty - I read that some physical evidence wasn't covered in the documentary that supports the prosecution.

Dassey is probably innocent.

They both should be allowed a retrial.

Steve Avery was portrayed as a quiet, polite young man with limited intelligence. He is too sweet to have done something like this

Neighbors and his ex girlfriend paint a different picture. They were afraid of him and considered him to be creepy

Theresa Halbach came to the property because Avery specifically requested Auto Shopper send the woman who took pictures before. It seems Avery had been fantasizing about this woman. She had said that when she visited the property before, Avery answered the door wearing a towel

It was so entertaining the Coloradomtnwoman and I watched it in three nights, back to back.

Steven Avery may be guilty - I read that some physical evidence wasn't covered in the documentary that supports the prosecution.

Theresa Halbach came to the property because Avery specifically requested Auto Shopper send the woman who took pictures before. It seems Avery had been fantasizing about this woman. She had said that when she visited the property before, Avery answered the door wearing a towel

Wearing only a towel? Was that part of the prosecution? If so, why was that left out of the documentary? That's pretty damning.

Wearing only a towel? Was that part of the prosecution? If so, why was that left out of the documentary? That's pretty damning.

The documentary was decidedly one sided presenting only Averys defense and omitted many pieces of the prosecution

Even at that, while watching the documentary, I thought I would have found Avery guilty and Dassey maybe guilty of helping to dispose of the body

I was willing to buy in to the idea of maybe the police dropped a key and maybe they smeared some of Averys blood in the car....but the idea that they would find the victims car and the victims charred remains at another location and ignore an actual crime scene in order to frame Avery seemed too far fetched

The documentary was decidedly one sided presenting only Averys defense and omitted many pieces of the prosecution

Even at that, while watching the documentary, I thought I would have found Avery guilty and Dassey maybe guilty of helping to dispose of the body

I was willing to buy in to the idea of maybe the police dropped a key and maybe they smeared some of Averys blood in the car....but the idea that they would find the victims car and the victims charred remains at another location and ignore an actual crime scene in order to frame Avery seemed too far fetched

I came to the same conclusion except that I still think Dassey may have had nothing to do with the murder or disposal of Halbach's body. The way the investigators led him in his statements, his demeanor (autism or asburgers), and his developmental and mental disabilities and no direct or even circumstantial evidence linking him to the crime provide enough reasonable doubt for a retrial.

I came to the same conclusion except that I still think Dassey may have had nothing to do with the murder or disposal of Halbach's body. The way the investigators led him in his statements, his demeanor (autism or asburgers), and his developmental and mental disabilities and no direct or even circumstantial evidence linking him to the crime provide enough reasonable doubt for a retrial.

I agree Dassey got railroaded

They kept pushing him to make up a story and he did. None of his story made sense. If the woman was tied up in that bedroom and Dassey had sex with her in that bedroom, there would be hair, pubic hair, sweat, saliva, semen all over the place. They didn't find anything

I doubt Dassey was smart enough to remove any but the most obvious evidence

I had questions about the fire pit. It was pretty small and I am not sure Dassey could have been there and not realized there was a body in that fire

I don't know if I could handle ten episodes of that.
Anyone that can soak his pet cat in lighter fluid or gasoline, then light it on fire and listen to it scream...even 40 years ago....is a serial killer who will not flinch at doing the same thing to a human being. No soul. Keep his sorry ass in prison, then fry him. No loss.

Soooo....convict him of something he didn't do to pay for a crime you think he would do...got it.

What those like rightwinger keep forgetting...jurors can only convict someone based exclusively and entirely on only what the prosecution shows.
Jurors cannot base their decision on anything else but what the prosecution states, and how the defense answers those charges.
In saying that, there is no way - no how - not on this planet or any other planet did Steven Avery, or anyone else for that matter, murder Theresa Halbach in the way the prosecution said it happen. However and whoever murdered this woman, did not murder her anywhere on Steven Avery's property, PERIOD. Didn't happen.
I do not know if Avery killed this woman, but what I do know is that there were other suspects who had motive and access to Theresa...and they were all not even questioned. I do know that the evidence on the scene was almost beyond a doubt - at the very least altered if not planted.
Steven Avery and Dassey were convicted of the same crime, where the SAME PROSECUTOR PRESENTED TOTALLY DIFFERENT EVIDENCE AND TOTALLY DIFFERENT METHOD OF DEATH...how the f*ck is that possible??

What those like rightwinger keep forgetting...jurors can only convict someone based exclusively and entirely on only what the prosecution shows.
Jurors cannot base their decision on anything else but what the prosecution states, and how the defense answers those charges.
In saying that, there is no way - no how - not on this planet or any other planet did Steven Avery, or anyone else for that matter, murder Theresa Halbach in the way the prosecution said it happen. However and whoever murdered this woman, did not murder her anywhere on Steven Avery's property, PERIOD. Didn't happen.
I do not know if Avery killed this woman, but what I do know is that there were other suspects who had motive and access to Theresa...and they were all not even questioned. I do know that the evidence on the scene was almost beyond a doubt - at the very least altered if not planted.
Steven Avery and Dassey were convicted of the same crime, where the SAME PROSECUTOR PRESENTED TOTALLY DIFFERENT EVIDENCE AND TOTALLY DIFFERENT METHOD OF DEATH...how the f*ck is that possible??

I could not see how Dassey could be convicted of worse crimes than Avery was charged with

They did not even bring up Dassey's wild, ever changing stories during Avery's trial

But what evidence was there to convict Avery?

Last known person to see her alive
He specifically requested she come to take pictures (lured her to the property)
Her car was found on his property
No evidence of her ever being off the property. No witnesses, no phone calls after seeing Avery.
Avery's blood and sweat were found in the car
The keys to the car were in his room
The charred remains were found 30 feet from his trailer

If I was on the jury, I would have convicted

Forum List

Back